Author Topic: The NEXT TOUR?  (Read 38190 times)

Offline xy

• Child of Grace
Re: The NEXT TOUR?
« Reply #360 on: April 10, 2013, 09:37:03 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This would certainly appeal to me, although even on a mixed tour I think U2 would play more stadiums in Europe and fewer arenas than you suggest.

I'd like to see Australia & NZ, Japan and the Latin American countries getting a chance to see them in an arena, too.

I'd also like to see U2 adding some new countries to their itinerary, such as India, China, South Korea, Thailand.

China would be off limits since they played that Tibet festival in the 90's. Always wondered why they don't play more Asia (beyond Japan, I mean) on their tours (well, there's Moscow on 360). Surely Asians have arenas/stadiums ?

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • the vaccine for your wack scene
« Reply #361 on: April 10, 2013, 10:31:06 AM »
March 2014 kickoff?   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And in March 2014, will begin a world tour to defend the album.

A world tour to "defend" the album?

thank Google Translate for that.

Offline aleh_

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #362 on: April 11, 2013, 10:08:52 AM »
March 2014 kickoff?   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And in March 2014, will begin a world tour to defend the album.

A world tour to "defend" the album?

thank Google Translate for that.

As I posted in another place, the translation should be something like that:

"Even with the Dublin sessions (and sessions away from the irish capital) occurring under a lot of secret, U2 has confirmed to the label Interscope - Island - Mercury, from Universal Records, that will be a new album from the group before the end of the year .

Probably in october. And in march 2014 they will start a new world tour to promote the new record
"

Really it sums it up with all the previous rumors, and that one from last year when the label said that will be new records from U2, Metallica and Arcade Fire in 2013.

I'm thinking that this "silence" from Bono about the new record is a little bit weird. I think they ordered him not to tell, since no one believes him anymore. I don't remember very clearly about times pre NLOTH and pre HTDAAB, but this record seems a little bit under secret to me.

I don't know, I've a good feeling about it. And they know it's gonna be the turning point for them, for being ''relevant'' again (controversial speak alert).

I'm guessing they will put the album in mid-october/november, go on a promor tour (maybe that 6 -shows- in -6 -cities -thing) for the rest of the year, and start the world tour in march on USA, going to Europe after that, for the mid year. And later, conquer the world

Offline The Edges Cat

• Desert Rose
« Reply #363 on: April 12, 2013, 03:53:32 AM »
I'm thinking that this "silence" from Bono about the new record is a little bit weird.

A cat's got his tongue.  8)

Offline Will21st

• Wanderer
« Reply #364 on: April 12, 2013, 07:10:23 AM »
All joking aside it's actually good that Bono is just keeping quiet this time around. I think with the last two Albums the band knew they weren't at their best and felt the need to jazz them up,the problem of course being that expectations go sky-high and indeed can rarely be met...

I'd wager a bet and say the band is quietly confident about this Album,and Dangermouse producing does fill me with confidence as well. U2 have done what they should have done last time around and left their comfort zone!  :)