Author Topic: The NEXT TOUR?  (Read 17428 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
Re: The NEXT TOUR?
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 03:47:55 PM »
You don't happen to have an extra room Sing do ya

Offline _acrobat

• Desert Rose
  • Am I really all the things that are outside of me?
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 04:23:19 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
You don't happen to have an extra room Sing do ya

Make that two

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Release date of LP 13 ^
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 04:36:57 PM »
I think it will be like the Vertigo tour. Arenas and some stadiums, but unlike Vertigo, there will be more arena shows.

Inish, you're from Baltimore right? Obviously I don't know for sure, but I have a feeling they won't play Baltimore on the next tour based on past tours. I could be wrong though (I was shocked that they played a 360 show in Baltimore). And of course there's always Washington DC.

I'm all up for an album full of Yankees hate

Fixed.

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • VOTE FOR THE FORUM AWARDS!!!!!!
« Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 04:37:40 PM »
Yankees hate too!

GO RAYS

Offline So Cruel

• Precious Stone
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18:37 PM »
Just got my copy of "From The Ground Up" this week. I read some of it, particularly the last few pages which has some hints about what the band is planning for the next tour, or at least what they are thinking.

Their tour promoter, Arthur Fogul stated that he thinks the next tour will be scaled down in size with the band going back indoors and playing arena's. He also mentioned having different stage productions in order to have the flexibility to play more places. Adam Clayton also mentioned that going indoors on the next tour seem to be what most people were thinking about. There is also an idea not to tour in the real sense and only play in a few select cities and have people come to them.

I was surprised to read all of this because I was pretty sure the next tour would once again be outdoors, simply due to demand for tickets. But it looks as though the band would prefer to really shake things up again in this respect. The risk of course would be many fans being disappointed because they were unable to get tickets. But Arthur Fogul's idea about "flexibility" suggest they may play some bigger places to relieve the demand pressure in the big cities.

I also saw a suggestion where they would like to change the way they have recorded and toured for 25 years. They would like to have a shorter recording process as well as a shorter tour to support that album. Interesting.

Its a very nice book by the way, and I'm stunned you get it simply by renewing your fan club membership. Oh, and there are also some nice pictures of the band and LIVE ALBUM of Edge's favorite songs from the 360 tour that come with the book. Very Cool!

You see Bethere. You're not always right. You argued with people for like 10 pages when we mentioned the next tour would likely start in arena's.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 05:44:34 PM »
Would not be at all surprised to see them do arenas in North America and stadiums in Europe - which for a change I'd be okay with since fingers crossed I may be in North America for some of it!

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Running to Stand Still
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 11:09:30 PM »
Select cities makes me very sad, as those select cities are certainly not going to be anywhere near me. I can't afford to travel very far right now, so if they do decide to stupidly do a micro-tour, then I won't be able to see them. :(

I'm a bit like you, but I live in Siberia. I saw them in Moscow in 2010, but that was already 3500 kms. Nothing is ever close for me. How amy times have you seen them play?

I saw them 4 times on the 360 Tour. Once in 2009 and three times in 2011.

Lucky you!

Offline Siberian Tiger

• Running to Stand Still
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 11:11:36 PM »
Just got my copy of "From The Ground Up" this week. I read some of it, particularly the last few pages which has some hints about what the band is planning for the next tour, or at least what they are thinking.

Their tour promoter, Arthur Fogul stated that he thinks the next tour will be scaled down in size with the band going back indoors and playing arena's. He also mentioned having different stage productions in order to have the flexibility to play more places. Adam Clayton also mentioned that going indoors on the next tour seem to be what most people were thinking about. There is also an idea not to tour in the real sense and only play in a few select cities and have people come to them.

I was surprised to read all of this because I was pretty sure the next tour would once again be outdoors, simply due to demand for tickets. But it looks as though the band would prefer to really shake things up again in this respect. The risk of course would be many fans being disappointed because they were unable to get tickets. But Arthur Fogul's idea about "flexibility" suggest they may play some bigger places to relieve the demand pressure in the big cities.

I also saw a suggestion where they would like to change the way they have recorded and toured for 25 years. They would like to have a shorter recording process as well as a shorter tour to support that album. Interesting.

Its a very nice book by the way, and I'm stunned you get it simply by renewing your fan club membership. Oh, and there are also some nice pictures of the band and LIVE ALBUM of Edge's favorite songs from the 360 tour that come with the book. Very Cool!

You see Bethere. You're not always right. You argued with people for like 10 pages when we mentioned the next tour would likely start in arena's.

(Tongue planted firmly in cheek)- Bethere is always right, especially about album release dates.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #23 on: January 28, 2013, 04:30:05 AM »
According to my sources they are planning a 15 date tour of Scotland

Talking to executioner again? ;D

Indeed - seemingly they are playing 14 of those nights in my home town! Imagine how lucky that is  ;)

Aye and 3 nights in a row at Kilmarnock's Palace Theatre  :P Would've been 5 if it wasn't for the panto being on  ;)

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #24 on: January 28, 2013, 04:36:43 AM »
According to my sources they are planning a 15 date tour of Scotland

Talking to executioner again? ;D

Indeed - seemingly they are playing 14 of those nights in my home town! Imagine how lucky that is  ;)

Aye and 3 nights in a row at Kilmarnock's Palace Theatre  :P Would've been 5 if it wasn't for the panto being on  ;)

LOL!

Offline boom boom

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #25 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:18 AM »
Hoping for an arena tour this time, with less staples and hits played and more rarites played, songs like UF and UV on  360, songs that have not been played for some time.

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the insult u want to make
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2013, 06:58:22 AM »
Hoping for an arena tour this time, with less staples and hits played and more rarites played, songs like UF and UV on  360, songs that have not been played for some time.

hopefully, they'll have the sense to keep HMTMKMKM in the set.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2013, 07:15:41 AM »

hopefully, they'll have the sense to keep HMTMKMKM in the set.

I'd love to see this live.

Offline The Wanderer

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Been Around Back / Been Around Front
« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2013, 01:43:33 PM »
I just hope it is nothing like the Second Life U2 version of 360 in this week's OTR, where there are 20 people in the innter circle and half of the crowd is women doing the splits......on second thought.... that sounds pretty good. 

Offline shorne

• Refugee
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2013, 03:01:50 PM »
Yeah, we don't need a continuation of the 360 tour a la Elevation-Vertigo... I'd actually like to see something scaled down but with a few surprises along the lines of the shift from Popmart to Elevation, but obviously with some cool surprises to suit some of the songs that will inevitably become centrepieces.  I have faith that Willie Williams and the band will think of something cool.  I don't thing they've ever had a "bad" tour.

I wouldn't mind some lesser played but good songs to be pulled out and alternated like: Tomorrow/I Fall Down, Surrender, A sort of homecoming, Exit, God Part II (YES!), Tryin' to thow your arms around the world/Who's gonna ride your wild horses, Do you feel loved/Mofo, When I look at the world, A man and a woman (would be a great accoustic number), Stand up comedy (just so U2 can say F$@#k you to the haters lol)... but it would be nice to see some gems pulled out from time to time like they did to an extent with the 360 tour. That's if they can remember how to play them ;-)