Pop
5 (8.1%)
ATYCLB
18 (29%)
NLOTH
11 (17.7%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: February 12, 2013, 09:41:42 AM

Author Topic: Least favorite U2 album - round 3  (Read 1524 times)

Offline Swimming Sorrows

• Wanderer
Re: Least favorite U2 album - round 3
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2013, 02:41:24 PM »
I voted Boy. I understand it has a lot going for it, it just never fully connected with me. Surprisingly (I'm sure) I prefer October.

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2013, 02:58:06 PM »
Boy.

I don't hate any of the songs besides Shadows & Tall Trees, but I don't particularly like any of the songs either. I never listen to the album. Ever.

Offline AchtungPop

• Running to Stand Still
  • Walk On
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2013, 05:33:37 PM »
Voted for BOY.

Offline Boom Cha!

• Acrobat
  • Do you live here or is this a vacation?
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2013, 06:21:09 PM »
Tough, but I voted for NLOTH.

Offline ABloodRedSky

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • We're sorry, we're closed for lunch.
« Reply #19 on: February 05, 2013, 07:11:31 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Tough, but I voted for NLOTH.

Ditto.

Offline AJ

• Desert Rose
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #20 on: February 05, 2013, 08:09:57 PM »
I voted Zooropa but I don't understand everyones hatred for ATYCLB, Its my favorite album.

Offline TongueInMyEar

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Love it won't be long....
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2013, 02:57:10 AM »
I'm surprised at the votes for Boy and War, maybe naively

satellitedog01

« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2013, 03:07:01 AM »
ATYCLB naturally.

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2013, 06:09:17 AM »
I'm disappointed that ATYCLB will leave this early. I voted for War.

Offline The Unknown Caller

• Holy Joe
  • TORIIIIIINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2013, 06:37:16 AM »
I voted Zooropa but I don't understand everyones hatred for ATYCLB, Its my favorite album.

It's not hatred, it's polarisation. When @U2 voted to rank its favourite albums, ATYCLB ended up right in the middle, because some people.ove it and some people hate it. It's like marmite! :P

I much prefer NLOTH to Boy, but I'm actually more surprised to see the latter with so many votes. I know several people hate NL and I knw that many people hate the 2000s, but Boy is very inoffensive! Didn't realise that some people held it in such low esteem.

Offline THRILLHO

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #25 on: February 06, 2013, 07:19:06 AM »

It's not hatred, it's polarisation. When @U2 voted to rank its favourite albums, ATYCLB ended up right in the middle, because some people.ove it and some people hate it. It's like marmite! :P

I much prefer NLOTH to Boy, but I'm actually more surprised to see the latter with so many votes. I know several people hate NL and I knw that many people hate the 2000s, but Boy is very inoffensive! Didn't realise that some people held it in such low esteem.

I agree with this esp. the new view of Boy being one of the weakest. I'd rank it in the middle. Its very inoffensive

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • ^ my face as I'm listening to the new album.
« Reply #26 on: February 06, 2013, 02:29:30 PM »

I agree with this esp. the new view of Boy being one of the weakest. I'd rank it in the middle. Its very inoffensive

I always ranked Boy low because it was an early one dimensional post punk U2. Sure, I'll always like some of the songs like Electric Co, An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart, Twilight, Out of Control, I Will Follow, but really I don't think I love a certain song on the album. To me, it has a good bunch of above average songs which I really like, and a bunch of songs I don't care much about. Same with October, only I like less of it as a whole.

Offline Droo

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • when the soul wants, the soul waits
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2013, 02:32:59 PM »

I always ranked Boy low because it was an early one dimensional post punk U2. To me, it has a good bunch of above average songs which I really like, and a bunch of songs I don't care much about.

Yeah, this is pretty much how I feel. No songs on the album make me think "oh yay it's [song name here]" when they come up in my shuffle.

Offline shorne

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Two crap albums in a row and we're done...
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2013, 05:19:31 AM »
I'll be one of the heretics and choose Unforgettable Fire... I go back to that album the least.  Reminds me of mullets and bad acid wash pants. Don't get me wrong, I get the whole experimentation and evolution thing, but... ugh... it just sounds so.... overly earnest and not fun... I guess I'm a U2 in the 90's guy.  I remember liking U2 in the 80s because my friends did and bought the albums... liked them... JT came out... then I thought... ok... these guys are getting good... R&H came out I thought hmmmmm.... ok... but... the AB came out and I thought- OK... HERE'S A BAND I LIKE!

Offline Midnight is Where the Day Begins

• Genius of Compression
  • ^ my face as I'm listening to the new album.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2013, 09:39:46 AM »
Taking out ATYCLB, the results surprisingly have a very symmetrical patten