Author Topic: Any musicians interested in creating/collaborating on musical projects?  (Read 3595 times)

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
  • Artist.Songwriter.Actor.Speaker.Coach.Wanderer.
As a musician and songwriter, I've always wanted to collaborate with people who had similar musical influences.  Of course, my main musical influence growing up was U2 so it would make sense to inquire on here. Did a little searching and didn't find anything. 

Example: I live in Southern California (Long Beach) and have looked for guitar players (who play similar to the Edge's style) that are looking to possibly collaborate a bit (I'm an vocalist, btw).  I've taken out ads on Craigslist but response is spotty.  Not looking to lock anyone into starting a band per se... I'm a busy guy myself... just thought I'd throw it out there and see if anyone is interested in having a conversation about it. 

Anyway, here's a sample of a demo I started with someone (we ended our collab).  It's just a start but I think there's a good idea in there somewhere.   8)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
that was really good. hope you get some good people.

your TED talk was really good too

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
Thanks Ken!  Wow!  Really appreciate that.  Thanks!  :)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
I don't play guitar that well, but hope you get your wish...i used to live
in Long Beach though years ago...its beautiful there...still miss it today.

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
Me and a friend have been messing around, trying to make some music and do some cover songs, and we have improved quite a bit. Neither of us can sing though!
We both live in the San Fernando Valley though, not so close to Long Beach.

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
Me and a friend have been messing around, trying to make some music and do some cover songs, and we have improved quite a bit. Neither of us can sing though!
We both live in the San Fernando Valley though, not so close to Long Beach.

That's great.  Do you guys have any of your stuff online? 

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
Not yet, I'll work on getting some of it online so you can take a listen.
I must add I thought that sample you posted sounded pretty good!

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
Not yet, I'll work on getting some of it online so you can take a listen.
I must add I thought that sample you posted sounded pretty good!

Very cool.  Look forward to hearing.  Thanks, mate.

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility
Hey wes, I was wondering if you might possibly have an extra mic for recording that you would be interested in selling? I am still in the process of getting the necessary gear together.

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface
Hey wes, I was wondering if you might possibly have an extra mic for recording that you would be interested in selling? I am still in the process of getting the necessary gear together.

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this.  I never got notified.  I didn't have one anyway.  Did you ever get your stuff online?

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility

I'm so sorry I'm just seeing this.  I never got notified.  I didn't have one anyway.  Did you ever get your stuff online?
Hey man, it's cool. I haven't put anything online yet, because we still don't have anyone for vocals.
We have a cover of Ordinary Love just about done except for vocals. Would you want to try doing a vocal for that?

Offline Wesley108

• Babyface

Hey man, it's cool. I haven't put anything online yet, because we still don't have anyone for vocals.
We have a cover of Ordinary Love just about done except for vocals. Would you want to try doing a vocal for that?

Actually, if you have original music, I'd like to hear that.  However, I'd love to hear your instrumental of Ordinary Love.  Can you send it?  Or upload it somewhere I can listen?

Offline U2runnr

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Vision over visibility

Actually, if you have original music, I'd like to hear that.  However, I'd love to hear your instrumental of Ordinary Love.  Can you send it?  Or upload it somewhere I can listen?
We have some original music we can show you soon, it's just not ready to be heard yet lol. I can send you a partial instrumental of OL. Do you have logic or pro tools?