Author Topic: Interview with Edge's father  (Read 2399 times)

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Airborne Ranger
Interview with Edge's father
« on: July 04, 2013, 06:37:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Interview with Garvin Evans, the father of The Edge of U2
How to explain: our friend Giulia has lived six months in Dublin. One Sunday in church (strictly Protestant), she made ​​friends with a spry gentleman. He s called Garvin Evans, and his son is The Edge.

The English translation is below the Italian version, so scroll down. Topics covered: Edge's sacrifices for music, Edge's relationship with his dad, what his parents worried about, touring with the band, religion and Edge's brother.

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Ain't no companion like a blue eyed merle
Re: Interview with Edge's father
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2013, 07:52:11 PM »
Thanks for sharing this Jen!

Offline lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2013, 05:46:49 AM »
Thanks, jen, you always have the best finds!  Love this quote (when asked if he ever talked with Edge's brother Dik about "what if" he had stayed with what eventually became U2):

Just get on with your life, and try and be the best you can, is the right way to go as far as I am concerned.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2013, 07:13:17 PM by lorijane »

Offline Dali

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2013, 03:28:47 PM »
 A great interview. Thank you.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Child of Grace
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2013, 04:04:11 PM »
Thx Jen - great find!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2013, 08:58:56 AM »
You are welcome!

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2013, 07:33:15 PM »
Thank you Jen, this is the first interview.  I have read with Edge's dad.

Offline EdgyBaby

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • Come on let's talk some U2
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2013, 07:51:07 PM »
Thanks.... I never realized how much Edge and his dad look alike, they have the same eyes

Offline Executioner

• Stateless
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2013, 06:30:21 AM »

How to explain: our friend Giulia has lived six months in Dublin. One Sunday in church (strictly Protestant), she made ​​friends with a spry gentleman. He s called Garvin Evans, and his son is The Edge.

The English translation is below the Italian version, so scroll down. Topics covered: Edge's sacrifices for music, Edge's relationship with his dad, what his parents worried about, touring with the band, religion and Edge's brother.
What an irrelevant post ,can you get an interview with the edges cat next,scary fans out there.I knew this Italian so called U2 fan who called up to Bono's father when he lived in Howth,Dublin,asking about what U2 were up to,it was a total invasion of privacy and totally wrong thing to do,needless to say Bob was kind to him and gave him a cup of tea,as is the good Irish way.

Offline lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 06:34:57 AM »

What an irrelevant post ,can you get an interview with the edges cat next,scary fans out there.I knew this Italian so called U2 fan who called up to Bono's father when he lived in Howth,Dublin,asking about what U2 were up to,it was a total invasion of privacy and totally wrong thing to do,needless to say Bob was kind to him and gave him a cup of tea,as is the good Irish way.

If you think it's irrelevant, why waste your time reading it and commenting on it?

Offline imaginary friend

• Up With the Sun
  • be the song u want to sing
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 08:45:25 AM »

Hell, @u2 should be able to do that! The Edge's cat is actually a member here.  :D

Offline paddyattitude

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 09:20:50 AM »
i get your point Executioner.
i have met some of the so called U2 fans you're talking about, who think they can step into people's lives because they feel part of the family.
Actually the first one i met was a female italian fan, back in 95, who almost lived oppsite to Larry's house...
Yeah, get a life scary fans!

• Airborne Ranger
« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2013, 10:08:51 PM »

Yes there are some scary fans out there, but you rush to judge easily. You don't know this person and you don't what the circumstances are behind it. I don't think this interview was done in malice and Mr. Evans most likely knows that he didn't have to participate in the interview, but he chose to answer a few questions without giving away Edge's phone numbers or give out personal info.

BTW - If you were upset that I posted the link to the interview and that my posting this was a horrible thing, remember I didn't put a gun to your head and force you to read it.

Offline lorijane

• Up With the Sun
  • Don't be a d**k
« Reply #13 on: August 02, 2013, 07:10:20 AM »
I appreciated it, jen.  I wish there were a more "live and let live" feeling in this forum sometimes.  I don't like political threads.  I don't read them.  Some people like them, so what do I care?  I didn't get the impression that Edge's dad was being stalked for the interview.  I would guess that being the father of someone famous, he's used to a little more attention than the average Joe might get.  He sounded very gracious.

Different "relevance" strokes for different folks.  Can't wait to hear what Edge's cat has to say.

Offline TotallyDaft

• Stateless
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »

Hell, @u2 should be able to do that! The Edge's cat is actually a member here.  :D

I would LOVE to read an interview with The Edge's Cat. Imagine all of the great stories he overheard whilst slinking around! ;D
« Last Edit: August 02, 2013, 07:00:28 PM by TotallyDaft »