Author Topic: Interview with Edge's father  (Read 6409 times)

Offline Allie79

• Numb
  • Mild, green and squeaky clean
Re: Interview with Edge's father
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2013, 05:11:22 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Interview with Garvin Evans, the father of The Edge of U2
How to explain: our friend Giulia has lived six months in Dublin. One Sunday in church (strictly Protestant), she made ​​friends with a spry gentleman. He s called Garvin Evans, and his son is The Edge.

The English translation is below the Italian version, so scroll down. Topics covered: Edge's sacrifices for music, Edge's relationship with his dad, what his parents worried about, touring with the band, religion and Edge's brother.
What an irrelevant post ,can you get an interview with the edges cat next,scary fans out there.I knew this Italian so called U2 fan who called up to Bono's father when he lived in Howth,Dublin,asking about what U2 were up to,it was a total invasion of privacy and totally wrong thing to do,needless to say Bob was kind to him and gave him a cup of tea,as is the good Irish way.

And this is coming from you?
I think you are way up there when it comes to irrelevant posts.
All your talk about your friend who has an important position within U2 and has the inside scoop on what's going on and has told you this but you are sworn to secrecy and can't reveal anything about it?
I'm not saying it's not true, just that it is irrelevant; it doesn't mean anything to me, if you can't discuss it, don't post it.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2013, 05:16:20 PM by Allie79 »

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2013, 05:29:09 PM »

Interview with Garvin Evans, the father of The Edge of U2
How to explain: our friend Giulia has lived six months in Dublin. One Sunday in church (strictly Protestant), she made ​​friends with a spry gentleman. He s called Garvin Evans, and his son is The Edge.

The English translation is below the Italian version, so scroll down. Topics covered: Edge's sacrifices for music, Edge's relationship with his dad, what his parents worried about, touring with the band, religion and Edge's brother.
What an irrelevant post ,can you get an interview with the edges cat next,scary fans out there.I knew this Italian so called U2 fan who called up to Bono's father when he lived in Howth,Dublin,asking about what U2 were up to,it was a total invasion of privacy and totally wrong thing to do,needless to say Bob was kind to him and gave him a cup of tea,as is the good Irish way.

And this is coming from you?
I think you are way up there when it comes to irrelevant posts.
All your talk about your friend who has an important position within U2 and has the inside scoop on what's going on and has told you this but you are sworn to secrecy and can't reveal anything about it?
I'm not saying it's not true, just that it is irrelevant; it doesn't mean anything to me, if you can't discuss it, don't post it.

+1

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2013, 08:46:09 PM »
I appreciated it, jen.  I wish there were a more "live and let live" feeling in this forum sometimes.  I don't like political threads.  I don't read them.  Some people like them, so what do I care?  I didn't get the impression that Edge's dad was being stalked for the interview.  I would guess that being the father of someone famous, he's used to a little more attention than the average Joe might get.  He sounded very gracious.

Different "relevance" strokes for different folks.  Can't wait to hear what Edge's cat has to say.

Agreed! I'm pretty sure that the parents are very careful about who they talk to and what they talk about. Mr. Evans actually sounded like he was talking about any other person instead of Edge. He's a proud parent of all of his kids and it sounds like he got very lucky with having a calm family.

Maybe we need to set up a thread to ask Edge's Cat questions so he can answer them at his leisure.