Author Topic: Your First Post  (Read 1770 times)

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Heard a song that made some sense out of the world
Re: Your First Post
« Reply #15 on: February 17, 2017, 09:12:44 AM »
Well, it is two years since I wrote this post:

on: February 03, 2015, 11:53:52 AM
Hi,

after I found great things in the Lyrics section of this forum, I finally signed ap as a new member myself.

I'm also looking forward to the concert in Berlin on Sept. 25th - my first U2 concert. Even though I've been a fan and listening to U2 for a long time (since the 90s) I've never made it to a concert until this time. Isn't that a shame?

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2017, 09:14:34 AM »
I had trouble finding my first post...I'm not very good at computers, but I think this is actually the first one...funny, because I called my guy "my husband"...we aren't married...anyway...

Yes! The I&E tour was my first U2 experience, other than working out to their show dvd's every day, and of course listening to every song they've ever done a million times. For one reason or another, I have never before been able to go to a show, although it was pretty much the only thing on my bucket list. I turned 60 in December, and bought myself tickets to both Phoenix shows for my birthday present to myself. I had EXCELLENT seats the first night, just to the right of Edge's end of the stage, and could see the screen and the band very well. The second night I was closer to the e-stage. I was truly humbled by the whole experience. Took my husband to the first show, went by myself the 2nd. My husband was not a huge fan, but he came out of that arena with a different feeling!!! He said "Those guys really put it out there!" To say the least, he is now a big fan, too.
I have NEVER experienced anything like U2 live. It was so mystical, magical, spiritual, and still the best rock and roll show ever. I will do everything possible to see every show that comes to Phoenix in the future. Can't afford to travel to see them, but will pay whatever it costs to see them locally. The boys are worth every penny. God bless each of them, and their families...and will someone please ask them to come back to Phoenix! SOON!
« Last Edit: February 17, 2017, 09:19:05 AM by riffraff »

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2017, 09:16:40 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Oh, please let them come back to Phoenix...I was at both of the Phoenix shows...my first U2 shows ever. Treated myself to the tix for my 60th birthday. What a wonderful experience. I've always been a big fan, but for one reason or another could never see them live before. I'd love to see them in a small arena again. It was so spiritual, while still being the best rock show ever! I will NEVER miss another show in my town. Please, please let them come back to Arizona!
When was that, riffraff?

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2017, 09:17:23 AM »
Oh, please let them come back to Phoenix...I was at both of the Phoenix shows...my first U2 shows ever. Treated myself to the tix for my 60th birthday. What a wonderful experience. I've always been a big fan, but for one reason or another could never see them live before. I'd love to see them in a small arena again. It was so spiritual, while still being the best rock show ever! I will NEVER miss another show in my town. Please, please let them come back to Arizona!
When was that, riffraff?
The SOI tours...I had to revise the above...it wasn't my first post!

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #19 on: February 17, 2017, 09:18:53 AM »
When was that, riffraff?
Alright! Hopefully your wish will come true soon!

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2017, 09:19:58 AM »
When was that, riffraff?
Thanks...they'd better hurry...I'm getting old!

Offline Lizard

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2017, 09:23:34 AM »
When was that, riffraff?
You're never too old for a U2 show! :)

Offline riffraff

• Holy Joe
« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2017, 09:30:22 AM »
When was that, riffraff?
You're never too old for a U2 show! :)
I hope you're right, because I intend on going as long as I can! Just watch for the little old lady hobbling along, swinging and swaying with the beat...with a HUGE smile on her toothless old face!