Author Topic: The Edge Is Just Too Cool  (Read 420513 times)

Offline edgefan89

• Stateless
Re: The Edge Is Just Too Cool
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2008, 06:21:59 PM »
Unfortunately those who listen from 'Cradle of Filth' to 'Motley Crue' think anyone with a name that is synonimous with vertice has to be a d*******.

Also that he is a crap musician with no innovation or an ounce of musical ability.

Excuse me while I go and barf...

Offline JustinU2K8

• Babyface
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2008, 08:36:05 PM »
I have no doubt he could, too. I think he'd even manage to make some very good albums...but there's no doubt U2 is bigger and better than any solo effort any of the four could put out.

I think Adam would get involved in some underground techno, Bono would turn into Prince, Edge might cross between Moby and The Clash, and Larry would get involved in making soundtrack music.

Offline Boom Cha!

• Acrobat
  • Do you live here or is this a vacation?
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2008, 08:46:47 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono would turn into Prince

Haha!  :D I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.... :D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2008, 12:22:19 PM »
I've always thought the Edge was really the "cool" one in this bunch (and smart and adorable I might add).  You should check out his brother Dik too.  He had his own kind of "cool" going on back in the Virgin Prune days after he left U2.  He is also brilliant and I believe Edge has admitted that Dik taught him what he knows about the guitar.  He may very well be the real guitar hero here (not to take anything away from the Edge).

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2008, 07:25:42 PM »
I would like to add that in addition to cool, smart, and adorable, the Edge is also hilarious! His passages in U2 By U2, especially the childhood ones, cracked me up!

Offline TheFlyingLemon

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
« Reply #35 on: November 10, 2008, 02:40:40 AM »
He's a very nice person too imo looking at the Guitar doco on the BBC a while back.

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #36 on: November 10, 2008, 10:54:45 AM »
The Edge is too cool, there is no doubt about that. He's brilliant, funny, good looking and modest, which not something you can say about each of them (the modest part). Class just oozes out of Edge. I can't imagine him saying things like "We're the coolest people out there, we're the greatest band in the world, we're ____ awesome!" He's too cool to do that. If he ever releases a solo album I'll buy it the day it's released.
The coolest thing about The Edge is the coolness of his cool.  ;) Did I use the word "cool" enough? Yes, that was corny, I realize that.  ;D

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #37 on: November 10, 2008, 01:24:21 PM »
I don't think we can overuse the word "cool" when it comes to the Edge! But classy is another excellent adjective that I neglected to use.  (I think Adam has class too).  I was just thinking that I would really LOVE to see Edge do a solo album with his brother Dik (ex Virgin Prune).  They are both brilliant musicians and I would love to hear what they would come up with.  And Edge could also sing-I love his voice too.

Offline guitarz

• Wanderer
« Reply #38 on: November 11, 2008, 03:50:19 AM »
Almost everything's been said I think...

I would just add that what amazes me about Edge's music writting and playing is he brings out so much music with so little notes...

And no need to fill songs with "faster than the speed of light" solos, although he's able to do so...

He's got the SOUND, the MELODIES, the ATTITUDE, and the STYLE...

Keep on rocking Edge !!!  ;D

Offline u2yooper

• Airborne Ranger
  • Life should be fragrant- rooftop to the basement
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2008, 07:11:57 AM »
Edge is definitely the 'cool' to Bono's 'hot'  (And I mean that in more than one way.)  That's why they play so well off each other.  Yin and yang. 

Offline Dark Angel

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Oh HAI
« Reply #40 on: November 12, 2008, 03:39:53 AM »
Edge is definitely the 'cool' to Bono's 'hot'  (And I mean that in more than one way.)  That's why they play so well off each other.  Yin and yang. 

Ah subtlety eh?  ;D

Offline Malachi

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Is in cyberspace
« Reply #41 on: November 12, 2008, 05:06:42 AM »
Yeh the Edge Is just Well. COOL!

The way he plays his guitar is so different to the way people play today. He can put so much feeling and emotion into his playing.

I think though that's also what lets him down. You know the kind of reasons.

He not the fastest. He just plays with effects. can't do the most awsome! super! fastest, ear shreiking solos.

The the edge is just too cool.

I wonder wear he gets his hats from though.

Mal

Offline guitarz

• Wanderer
« Reply #42 on: November 12, 2008, 09:45:01 AM »
Just for those that think Edge doesn't play quick solos...
Have at look at Desire, Lovetown Tour in Sydney at 4 minutes and 18 seconds just after Bono says "This is The Edge !!!" (He love to say that doesn't he ???)

Offline Ultraviolet [ACAAs Polisher of Shiny PopMart Basses]

• Child of Grace
  • Babe, it must be art!
« Reply #43 on: November 12, 2008, 01:55:08 PM »
I just heard "Boy-Girl" for the first time, where Edge is just discovering the power of distortion... it's great!  ;D

Offline Edges Les Paul

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • This is Edge; we're not sure where we got him.
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2008, 04:02:25 PM »
I think Edge is capable of playing face-melting Guitar Hero-esque solos, but that's just not his style (for the most part).