Author Topic: The "Ordinary Love" Black Friday Experience Thread  (Read 2055 times)

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • Just a good ol' boy
The "Ordinary Love" Black Friday Experience Thread
« on: November 28, 2013, 09:02:26 PM »
Here is a place where we can talk about our experience on Black Friday trying to get the OL vinyl. Post here your stories, whether or not you were successful, etc.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • Just a good ol' boy
Re: The "Ordinary Love" Black Friday Experience Thread
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2013, 09:03:03 PM »
I'm planning on going to the shop down the street from me and getting one on Friday morning. Wish me luck :)

Offline kango

• Staring at the Sun
  • I know I'm not a hopeless case.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 03:57:55 AM »
So I went to my 'local' record store and OL hasn't arrived. They are coming in for monday, don't know if the rest of UK is the same?

A lot of demand for it apparently.

Offline A_Fly_On_The_Wall

• Deep In the Heart
  • Stand Up For Your Love...
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 05:48:50 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
So I went to my 'local' record store and OL hasn't arrived. They are coming in for monday, don't know if the rest of UK is the same?

Release date for the UK/Ireland is Monday 2nd December.

This link (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) tells you what stores will be stocking it  :)

Offline miryclay

• Staring at the Sun
  • Whisper to the Thunder
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 06:09:24 AM »
I am going soon to get this.

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • Just a good ol' boy
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 07:46:16 AM »
I got in line at my shop this morning at 6:30. He opens at 8. I was 15th in line, 1&2 were there last night at 11:00. I got a copy of OL :) :) :) :)

Offline boom boom

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2013, 08:14:15 AM »
Got my copy but don't see the limited edition number on the back like Wide Awake in Europe

Offline Miami66

• Airborne Ranger
  • Just a good ol' boy
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2013, 08:17:35 AM »
Yeah I don't think this a numbered limited edition. I thought I saw somewhere it said there was going to be 5,000 more printed than WAIE.

Offline amundain

• Babyface
« Reply #8 on: November 29, 2013, 08:27:58 AM »
That's right, 10000 worldwide (well, seems like 'worldwide' means US, UK & Ireland for U2, as it seems pretty impossible to get it here in France.
After listening to the alternate version of Breathe, tho, I'm not sure I'll regret not getting it as I find it pretty bad with all the new lyrics.

Offline amundain

• Babyface
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2013, 08:35:20 AM »
I would recommend you go and have a look at the U2uruguay twitter account, you'll find everything you need there...Cause there's no way a download link would be tolerated here I think.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 08:38:27 AM by amundain »

Offline Belisama

• Original of the Species
  • There is no Them, only Us
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
After the gym this morning I swung by the local record store to see what time they opened. There was a small line at a little after 7. I decided I should join-- the store opened at 10. I was number 6 in line. Spent a few hours hanging out with a few friendly vinyl collectors. Sam had been in line since 1 AM. He had an emergency at home with one of his kids and had to get back to DE. A bunch of us offered to get him what was on his list. Nice group of people- they even held each others' place in line while we went to get coffee, etc. A couple of U2 fans were in the group and we exchanged war stories. Most people in line were there for Dylan, Flaming Lips and DMB.

About 10 minutes before the store opened, Matt the owner showed up and thanked us all for coming and supporting his store. At 10 he let the first 5 in. Finally it as my turn. He had a limited number of Ordinary Love so we were limited to only one copy. Special shout out to my new BFF Adam who was in front of me in line and let me have his copy.

All in all a very successful trip tot he record store. So glad I went!

zootv

« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2013, 08:54:17 AM »
I decided not to drive at least an hour in each direction, then wait in line in the cold. I'll take my chances that one of the two that I ordered online will arrive. I think I'll be good as vintage vinyl has already charged my credit card.  If not, I'll live without it.  Congratulations to those on this forum who received a copy. I like to see real and deserving U2 fans getting this release.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2013, 09:09:42 AM by zootv »

Offline JSab

• Staring at the Sun
  • No, no line
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2013, 09:06:24 AM »
*Is trying with all my might to not be bitter and twisted that they'd deny Aus of anything to do with the vinyl*

If I'm unsuccessful I guess I'll just give the poachers all money and let them make an exhorbitant profit.

U2 Co don't realise that America and the UK aren't the be all end all!

I blame Tony Abbott for this, he's fun to blame everything upon, cause it's most likely true at the rate he's going at.

zootv

« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2013, 09:11:06 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
*Is trying with all my might to not be bitter and twisted that they'd deny Aus of anything to do with the vinyl*

If I'm unsuccessful I guess I'll just give the poachers all money and let them make an exhorbitant profit.

U2 Co don't realise that America and the UK aren't the be all end all!

I blame Tony Abbott for this, he's fun to blame everything upon, cause it's most likely true at the rate he's going at.

Keep your fingers crossed that I receive my second copy from Bull Moose.  It has your name on it ;)

Offline marvgadgie

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2013, 09:51:25 AM »
Finger crossed I may be able to bag one on Monday in the UK. Just a look on ebay and there are loads of these 10"s going for 75 - 99 on "Buy it now". The downside to Record Store Day ...