Author Topic: Ordinary Love Paul Epworth Remix  (Read 667 times)

Offline gottago

• Wanderer
Ordinary Love Paul Epworth Remix
« on: December 31, 2013, 07:59:27 AM »
The original single release of Ordinary Love I thought was okay.  The Paul Epworth remix is much better.  It has a much for 2013/14 vibe to it and the overall tempo is much better.  It brings U2's sound into the present.  Hope the adjustments they are making to the new album does the same.  Thoughts?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
Re: Ordinary Love Paul Epworth Remix
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2013, 08:14:44 AM »
Disliked the original - dislike this more.

But its just a remix and for my money neither the original or this will be an indication of what is to come - well at least I hope not!

If u2 are going down the pop route out of some misguided desire to compete with katy perry, lady gaga et al then its time for them to jack it in.

For me u2 need to turn the guitars up find their balls again and make music that sounds different to the bubblegum pop and bland MOR pop rock - music that has that special atmosphere, feel and sound that u2 at their peak were the best out there at making.

I hope bono stops singing like a girl too - the rich deep bono sound just packs so much more punch, has so much more emotion and feel and propells the songs better.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2013, 08:22:26 AM by an tha »

Offline gottago

• Wanderer
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2014, 09:29:06 AM »
I would love to see them find their balls again ala Achtung, however, it seems since ATYCLB they are trying to be radio friendly.  I would love for them to be the trend setters again however, once artists get to their 50's it seems they lost the reckless abandonment of their youth to risk forging new territory.  U2 does want to forge new territory but it all seems very calculated, which, removes the recklessness and risk.

And I would love for rich deep Bono to reappear, however, that Bono is long gong I am afraid my friend.  His voice is what it is and he has lost that lower registry.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2014, 11:10:05 AM »
Disliked the original - dislike this more.

But its just a remix and for my money neither the original or this will be an indication of what is to come - well at least I hope not!

If u2 are going down the pop route out of some misguided desire to compete with katy perry, lady gaga et al then its time for them to jack it in.

For me u2 need to turn the guitars up find their balls again and make music that sounds different to the bubblegum pop and bland MOR pop rock - music that has that special atmosphere, feel and sound that u2 at their peak were the best out there at making.

I hope bono stops singing like a girl too - the rich deep bono sound just packs so much more punch, has so much more emotion and feel and propells the songs better.

Agreed. Is this range gone for him now?

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2014, 05:32:16 PM »
I would love to see them find their balls again ala Achtung, however, it seems since ATYCLB they are trying to be radio friendly.  I would love for them to be the trend setters again however, once artists get to their 50's it seems they lost the reckless abandonment of their youth to risk forging new territory.  U2 does want to forge new territory but it all seems very calculated, which, removes the recklessness and risk.

And I would love for rich deep Bono to reappear, however, that Bono is long gong I am afraid my friend.  His voice is what it is and he has lost that lower registry.

he had a pretty decent stab at it on disappearing act IMO.... but you may be right, only he knows the truth - my own view is that he feels the lower register is darker and u2 haven't been dark in the main for a long time and darker isn't radio friendly in their view

Offline Voldemar

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2018, 05:11:10 AM »
Just have found out that OL (Paul Epworth Remix) = OL (Extraordinary Mix from SOE Deluxe)

Like Paul Epworth's version more than original 8)

Offline JoshuaTree94

• Deep In the Heart
  • You bury your treasure where it can't be found
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2018, 04:58:37 PM »
Just have found out that OL (Paul Epworth Remix) = OL (Extraordinary Mix from SOE Deluxe)

Different vocal tracks, though. The one posted here has the "to give and receive are the same thing" line instead of "for years I would believe that the world couldn't wash it away."

Offline Voldemar

• Babyface
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 12:53:37 AM »

Different vocal tracks, though. The one posted here has the "to give and receive are the same thing" line instead of "for years I would believe that the world couldn't wash it away."

Didn't knew that, thanks  ;) 

There are really some differences between the lyrics of both versions:
- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
- You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

wow

« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 07:31:17 AM by Voldemar »

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • Nashville, Montreal 1 & 2
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 07:53:20 AM »
U2songs has seven listed versions. I suppose that they put it on the new album because they want it to have a legacy and not some obscure single. I hope they play it on IE because it has been one of their major songs in the last five years. I really like the Fallon version.