Author Topic: Christmas Card Exchange  (Read 14368 times)

Offline cutesmartU2faninny

• Babyface
  • What goes around comes around
Re: Christmas Card Exchange
« Reply #75 on: December 22, 2008, 08:24:00 PM »
Helllllo!!!!
To onetreehill, thank you for the nice comment!  I l-o-v-e Bono in this pic cuz he is wearing non-traditional white and looks well, er, gulp, sooooooooooo sexy!!!!! A friend of mine gave me a framed painting done by a friend of hers who is an artist--it is this exact picture except POSTER SIZE!!!!! OMG, it hangs in my office where I gaze into those shades daily........

To Strong Girl, no worries! Your note will be appreciated by those who receive it!!!  I cherish ANYTHING sent by a U2 fan!!!  I'm still waiting for someone to send me a piece of confetti thrown out during City of Blinding Lights cuz I lost mine!!!!! I also received a CD last year, verry coool!

To Beneath the Noise, festive magnets???? Nice idea!!! 

I "only" made a paper picture Christmas tree ornament with Bono and Edge wearing Santa hats, singing "Baby Please Come Home", complete with ornament hanger!! My fellow fans will receive one with their card.

Remember, this is not the U2 Christmas Card Olympics!  No presssure!!!! We joined to wish each other the best of the season and share some fond U2 memories!!!  Love, Peace and Happiness to all!

Offline bonogirl

• Stateless
  • As the music played, I saw my life turn around
« Reply #76 on: December 23, 2008, 07:32:43 AM »

Wanted to share a quick story....

I went to my p.o.box yesterday, and saw I had received a few cards from u2 fans via the Christmas card exchange.....
was pretty excited.....
They were all very nice and a true treat.

One was particularly special....

I tore open the envelope....
I reached in to pull out the card...
I got a glimpse of what I was sure was a picture of Bono....
My heart started to race.....
I started to choked up a bit.....
(I think I squealed....)
I pulled the card out and it was a personal picture of Bono with his arms around these two perfect strangers.......
I burst into tears...

but wait...there was more...
I beautifully typed story to explain the story in the picture...

I regained my composure :-\,( enough to drive), raced home, and read the story with my husband.

These two "strangers" are no longer...
They showed  such a kindness to me, and I will never forget........(and not ONLY because their picture will be framed and hanging on my bedroom wall) ::) ...,I know everyone else on the list got the same card, and if you made them even a smidgen of how happy you made me, you have already spread alot of cheer...

One card had a handwritten "Blessed be", One had a wish for a u2- filled Christmas,
One a wish for all my u2 wishes to come true in 2009,.....They were and STILL are a great pleasure...

Thank you, all you kind, kind people.

quick?? Did I say quick???  .........

Anyway Merry Christmas.
Bonogirl

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #77 on: December 24, 2008, 08:43:34 AM »
Yeah.. "Festive magnets". I found these little holiday magnets that fit in with my cards.

You know, I don't want to sound like a snot.. but.. there's a reason it's called the U2 Christmas card exchange. It's not called the U2 Whenever-You-Feel-Like-It Card Exchange. If we just tell each other to send them "whenever you feel like it", I mean.. we might as well be signing up for temporary pen pals or something. Getting a Christmas card after Christmas is like getting a birthday card after your birthday. It's like, "Gee, I appreciate the sentiment.. but.. it just doesn't mean the same". You know? Personally, I'd like to encourage everyone to send their cards out as soon as they get their lists. I do this every year & the holiday season just wouldn't be the same to me without those cards.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #78 on: December 26, 2008, 05:23:04 PM »
I got a card from Betty today.  Hand made and all (I hope you got one of my hand made ones).  You live right around the corner from where I used to live I think.  I used to live on Lincoln across from the panhandle.

Offline JohnnyVOXX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • many will see and hear
« Reply #79 on: December 27, 2008, 10:19:20 AM »
Hi everyone!!!
I'm very very sorry to inform you guys that I just found out yesterday that my cards were'nt sent out... :(:(:( I gave them to the office boy to go to the post and send them out last week but he "forgot" to drop them.... I wasn't able to send them myself, due to the office's schedule..... but I managed to send them on your way yesterday Dec. 26 since I had the day off... I was convinced the cards had been sent... :(:(:(
I apologize to all of you on my list, who will be getting the cards a little much later (if you take also into account that I'm in Argentina...)
all my best wishes! and I'm truely sorry,
Johnny.

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2008, 04:20:38 PM »
Hey dont worry about it, it'll get here when it gets here. The whole exchange is so nice, i'm just grateful to be a part of it and if some come late its totally cool!

Offline cutesmartU2faninny

• Babyface
  • What goes around comes around
« Reply #81 on: December 28, 2008, 02:04:44 PM »
Received 6 thus far....got a magnet  ;)  thanks!!  Loved the handmade card AND bookmark (with a line from my favorite song--One life with each other; sisters, brothers)!!!!!!!!! Thank u!!!
Happy New U2 Year to all!!  8)

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #82 on: December 29, 2008, 07:23:52 AM »
theocean thank you so much for the card and a great photo!  :)
I got a magnet too!  :D in a cool Achtung Baby cover Christmas card.
Thank you Debra and Jean for lovely cards!
Happy New Year!  :D

Offline followeru2

• Wanderer
  • long time fan from Brazil
« Reply #83 on: December 31, 2008, 05:51:12 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Wow, I got Brazil, Australia, and even Croatia-how cool is that. I have quite a few in the US too which is great. This is the first time I'm doing it. I'm off to do them now.

Hi StrongGirl, I got a very nice card from you, thank you very much, muito obrigada :). Btw, Im from Brazil :) Amazing that we are about the same age and all. And this is my first time taking part in this card exchange thing too!

Cheers, MT

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #84 on: December 31, 2008, 09:25:46 AM »
Wow, I got Brazil, Australia, and even Croatia-how cool is that. I have quite a few in the US too which is great. This is the first time I'm doing it. I'm off to do them now.

Hi StrongGirl, I got a very nice card from you, thank you very much, muito obrigada :). Btw, Im from Brazil :) Amazing that we are about the same age and all. And this is my first time taking part in this card exchange thing too!

Cheers, MT

Oh my God, hi followeru2!  It's so nice to hear from you. I'm glad a few of my cards got to people in this, my favorite and only forum!!! I hope we can chat a lot here ;D! Happy New Year to you.

Offline zooey

• Elevated
  • Boom Cha
« Reply #85 on: December 31, 2008, 12:40:31 PM »
Got a very sweet card from Acrobatgirl today!!  Thanks and let us know if you come to the US for the tour!

mariamontreal

« Reply #86 on: January 06, 2009, 10:53:32 AM »
Thank you everyone for the nice cards I recieved from you . I have kept all my cards since the beginning when I started the Christmas card exchange . They are all keepers. For those of you who were kind enough to give your e-mail addresses, I will definetly be keeping in touch and you will have my e-mail address also. So looking forward to 2009 especially new album and tour ! So excited , I know you all are also .

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #87 on: January 06, 2009, 10:59:33 AM »
I just wanted to thank everyone for their cards (and CD!!). It was my first time doing it and I can't wait to do it again next year. I would like to keep in touch with everyone and it will be easy with 2 of you because you are right here on my favorite forum!!!  followeru2 and oyamaband I'm so happy to have met you! Love, SG

Offline Starfish

• Acrobat
  • Yay, it's Larry!!!
« Reply #88 on: January 07, 2009, 11:38:32 AM »
Got two more when I got home today. Still feels like Christmas  ;)

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #89 on: January 16, 2009, 08:42:17 AM »
I just loved all the cards I got and thank you all for making my christmas special. I also can't wait till next years exchange.