Author Topic: Invisible Appreciation Thread  (Read 560 times)

Offline codeguy

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
Invisible Appreciation Thread
« on: February 02, 2014, 10:53:49 PM »
Say why you love the new song, the ad, the stage or anything else.....just say you like invisible....
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:28:41 PM by singnomore »

Offline tommyboy6913

• Wanderer
Re: Invisible Appreciation Thread
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 11:08:44 PM »
I love this song because it sounds fresh and very "Wide-screen." It's got a catchy melody and the video is very well shot.

Offline Fist-O

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I leave behind video cameras for all of you!
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 11:23:49 PM »
Love this song for the melancholic lyrics. Bono owns it for me.

Offline MASTER YODA

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2014, 11:31:26 PM »
Bye bye hippie bono

Offline emuhunter

• Stateless
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2014, 11:57:57 PM »
On the first listen I wasn't 100% onboard but it grew on me VERY quickly.

For me the turning point was getting used to the drums, as well as actually getting into the lyrics. Having become estranged from my biological mother a decade ago, the concept of not being "my father's (or in my case mother's) son" because "I'm more than you know, I'm more than you see here, I'm more than you let me be," conveyed through that awesome soaring chorus literally brought tears to my eye.

Offline boomchild

• Babyface
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2014, 12:05:38 AM »
nice job U2 and Danger mouse.

this is a great song and I'm sure live Bono will find something that sends this song home a little shame you couldnt find something in the studio to smash it out of the park. The end I'm talking about but overall this is unique and fantastic. Great lyric, great thought well executed.  A+ keep the album up to this standard and we will indeed have something to celebrate. I've got all the lyrics dancing in my head  which is very cool. Enough kiss ass I've been celebrating you guys all day. U2 Day!! yay

Offline U2Rebel2015

• Babyface
  • Rock On For World Peace!
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2014, 12:43:23 AM »
It's like Beautiful Day with a  buzzing sound while mixed in with some Rise Above 1 lyrics. Well that's what my ears and brain tell me. Not bad though.

Offline The Edges Cat

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2014, 01:12:21 AM »
That chorus, it is incredible.

Bono: Absolutely kills it (which means he succeeds brilliantly, apparently it's what kids are saying these days). This song means a lot to him, and it shows. It might be the mix, but his voice sounds crystal clear. DM was really pushing Bono in the studio, and this is the result. Lyrically, melodically, emotionally... he's on top of his game here.

The Edge: Says so much with so little. Understated and perfect.

Larry: Artane Boys Band! Great to hear the spark is back.

Adam: The glue that binds the band, and the song, together.

My only con -- and it's such a small selfish one to be honest -- is I wish the song went out with a bang with that fantastic chorus. But this is the (RED) edit, so who knows how album version will sound.

Very happy with Invisible, it's exactly what I've been looking for. I've heard it played three times in public today. Once at work, I heard it playing in the background when I called a client. On the radio on the way home from work. And again on the radio at the local pub, which was the best out of the three.

If Invisible is a sneak peek at the album... take your time, boys. I can wait.

YOUR FACE LIKE SNOW!! Oh yeah, hello 1985! I missed you.

Offline Fist-O

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I leave behind video cameras for all of you!
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2014, 01:25:41 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Acrobat
Moment of Surrender
White as Snow

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline The Edges Cat

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2014, 01:36:57 AM »
Well, Bono does want to be cool relevant.  ::)

Offline Rocksingerfan

• Babyface
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2014, 05:01:23 AM »
I just have to say wow. :) Invisible has been on repeat while I went for a long walk. The more I listen to it the better it gets. It leaves me with that same feeling I get from Streets and thinking about the lyrics more it is quite a dark song when put into perspective. GOYB only ever made it in my playlist for about 4 listens on the first day and 1 on the second day but Invisible I can't stop listening to it.

Offline codeguy

• Child of Grace
  • There is no them, there's only us
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2014, 07:25:02 AM »
I've listened about 20 times already!!! I didn't listen to OL 20 times in the first day!!! Roll on April .... Or June..... Or whatever.....

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2014, 08:06:06 AM »

Acrobat
Moment of Surrender
White as Snow

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

I am listening to the song at work with my headphones in and couldn't stop laughing when I saw this. ''Ice to see you!'' '' Cool party''.

On a more serious note, do you think this is the beginning of the end? With the subject matter of this song, I get the feeling it might be. The whole album could be about beginnings perhaps? They are reflecting on their career in the band. It's going to be a very personal album for those reasons. I love how defiant this song it is, the band are clearly in new territory here, it's like Mercy meets Streets meets bad meets beautiful day with Acrobat thrown in; into some 80s vibe. It's a great tune. It's a real grower, a world apart from no line on the horizon's lack of personal songwriting. Nice work Dangermouse.

Online bonorules

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2014, 08:51:44 AM »
I just really like it.  It's a good song from my absolute favorite band.

Offline an tha

• Child of Grace
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2014, 09:17:34 AM »
I like it a lot more than OL