Author Topic: Reminder: Use the "Report to Moderator" feature  (Read 1891 times)

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
Reminder: Use the "Report to Moderator" feature
« on: February 23, 2014, 01:40:57 PM »
Gang,

Every post in this forum has a link in the lower right that says "Report to Moderator."

PLEASE USE IT.

If you think someone is out of line with something they've posted, please use it.

If you think someone is trolling the forum, please use it.

If you think something is spam, please use it.

If you think one of the forum rules is being broken, please use it.

What Not To Do

Here are a couple items from our You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login:

1: "Don't respond to trolls. (That's what they want you to do.) Use the "Report to Moderator" link to let us know privately what's going on."

2: "When you see bad behavior, don't reply. It encourages the bad behavior by acknowledging it, consumes your energy, and wastes everyone's time. Instead, let us know about it by clicking the "Report to Moderator" link that appears with every post."

Is that clear enough? In the future, use the "Report To Moderator" link. Do not post in the forum when you see sketchy behavior. It doesn't help.

Thanks,
Matt

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
Re: Reminder: Use the "Report to Moderator" feature
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2014, 06:12:01 AM »
the amount if times i've used this feature with no response on the follow up.

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2014, 07:38:31 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
the amount if times i've used this feature with no response on the follow up.

Soapit - the mods will discuss what (if any) action will be taken. As such take the reporting of the issue as process complete. We don't publish action taken if thats the decision taken as that is between ourselves and the posters as that simply isnt appropriate.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2014, 09:25:30 AM »
Yep. Use it and consider it done. It's not like we have a customer service desk sitting around 24 hours a day. :-)

Offline soapit

• Precious Stone
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2014, 11:15:57 AM »
i dont think anyones suggesting that you should.

a message back saying 'soapit, although we appear to have not done anything bout (agan) it as the offending post is unmodified we've looked at it and we think you're complaint is completely baseless, so we ignored it" etc ...would improve understanding and as i said to singnomore in a pm earlier would really be a coutesy seeing as we are supposedly helping you guys out by doing it.

it also wouldnt require the 24 hour desk thing that you suggest
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 11:40:06 AM by soapit »

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 01:24:28 PM »
I wanted to bump this thread from M2 to remind all members to please not engage in name calling or get in arguments on this forum. Also, refrain from calling other members trolls. This is actually against forum rules . You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
If you have a concern about a member, report it to us mods. Don't engage. It could cost you a ban!
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:43:06 PM by bonofaninaustin »