Author Topic: Fun U2 tribute in Southern California this July  (Read 1627 times)

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
Fun U2 tribute in Southern California this July
« on: June 20, 2014, 10:43:10 AM »
I don't know how you all feel about tribute bands, but I think they can be a great time if you're in the right frame of mind! 8)

L.A.vation is doing a tour of the local outdoor concerts in Southern California in July. Most of these shows are in parks and you can bring your dinner, your kids, your pets, and your party shoes. I've seen these guys twice and they're really fun (plus, who can fault those Ruby Tuesday and Sympathy for the Devil snippets in their 2nd encore edition of Bad).

My local show is Wednesday, July 16th if anyone wants to join the fun. Or maybe there's a show that's closer to you. Check out the schedule here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
Re: Fun U2 tribute in Southern California this July
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2014, 03:12:01 PM »
Belisama and I have seen 2u twice and will be seeing them a third time next weekend. She and several others saw Unforgettable Fire at the U2 conference last year and said they were fantastic. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Go if you can, you might be pleasantly surprised. :) After all, a fan has to do what a fan has to do.  ::)

Offline Blue Silken Sky

• Elevated
  • What are the feelings you left behind?
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2014, 04:47:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Belisama and I have seen 2u twice and will be seeing them a third time next weekend. She and several others saw Unforgettable Fire at the U2 conference last year and said they were fantastic. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Go if you can, you might be pleasantly surprised. :) After all, a fan has to do what a fan has to do.  ::)
My thoughts exactly! Maybe this should go on the U2 withdrawals page...

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2014, 09:04:13 PM »
Speaking of U2 tribute bands in southern california The Joshua tree are playing everywhere this month and in the beginning of july . U2jt.com

Offline alexsandro

• Babyface
  • Real men don't tweet
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2014, 04:08:11 PM »
Hollywood U2 is playing in a lot of places, they're better than LA Vation and a LOT better than U2jt who are the weakest of the 3 imho

We just saw Hollywood U2 play 2 1-hr sets last Sunday, as awesome as ever.

Great versions of So Cruel, Invisible, TUF, UV, OTH, as well as the old standbys

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2014, 10:48:33 PM »
Your right Hollywood U2 sounds the best of the 3 . The problem with U2 cover bands is finding the right drummer. I hear a lot of people say Larry is a simplistic drummer and that may be true to a certain extent but his style is unorthodox Larry plays with such precision and finess his style is hard to replicate accurately.
 Another problem is the length of U2's career and the different era's . A Led zepp cover band or Beatles can cover their entire 10 year careers accurately but with U2 you have Post Punk era Roots era 90's era 00's era (the latter is what all these bands seem focus on )they all sound and look so different.If they were smart they should master one of the era's to the last detail and become experts ,Then they could gig together one as the post punk U2 the roots, the 90's the 00's and put on one big production like Beatlemania.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 10:50:15 PM by bondylan »

Offline MASTER YODA

• Staring at the Sun
  • Patriots 2017!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2014, 12:02:49 AM »
Wow Dana Point, that's my hometown