Author Topic: VeRTigoU2 U2 Tribute Band UK  (Read 1416 times)

Offline Buster Clayton

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • www.vertigou2.co.uk
VeRTigoU2 U2 Tribute Band UK
« on: June 30, 2014, 01:42:57 PM »
Hey Guys...

I play in a U2 Tribute Band called VeRTigoU2

our site is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

here's a Vid of us playing New Years Day, there's other video's of us on the guys youtube channel

Hope you Enjoy it....

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline bondylan

• Running to Stand Still
Re: VeRTigoU2 U2 Tribute Band UK
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2014, 06:06:25 PM »
That's cool looks like fun. Are you familiar with Hollywood U2 or LAvation or my favorite cover band (non look alike )Lemon tributo ?
One thing I noticed about U2 cover bands is they all seem to focus on the 00's era and look. In order to be unique you should pick another era like War, TJT,or PoP to stand out amongst the rest. Good luck.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2014, 10:19:24 AM »
i've seen 4 U2 tributes. Only 1 of them <With Or Without U2> pulled off the multiple-eras-costume-changes. Elevation to MacPhisto and even UABRS Bono at one show. The others were all Elevation/360 Bonos. Those being Mysterious Ways Band, Joshua Tree, Vertigo USA. Of those 4 MWB was the best but they've since broken up.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2014, 09:16:14 AM »
Just saw 2u again Saturday night. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login They included Ordinary Love in their set and did it very well. They opened with I Will Follow and closed with Gloria. On past occasions when I've seen them they played Bad and Running to Stand Still (by request).

They only do two AB songs, Mysterious Ways and One. However, the first time I saw them they did a great cover of Until The End of the World. I've not heard them do any Zooropa or Pop songs, but have heard them perform a crisp Angel of Harlem. This time they did Desire, NYD, SBS, Pride, ISHFWILF, WOWY, and Streets for the older stuff.

Their Magnificent wasn't very this go round, but previously it was terrific. Of the other newer stuff, they did Vertigo, Beautiful Day, Walk On, Stuck in a Moment.

I think their having done 3 shows in a row in three different cities tread too much on their abilities. Plus, "Edge" had a little too much Guinness and Jameson this time and their playing wasn't tight. Thus, the combo of "Bono's" vocals being shot and "Edge's" celebrating didn't represent them at their best.

I still would see them again, but really want to see Unforgettable Fire!

Offline Buster Clayton

• Stranger in a Strange Land
  • www.vertigou2.co.uk
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2014, 03:09:14 PM »
Guys,

our own youtube channel is now up and running........

End of the World is one of my favourite songs to play and is on the channel