Poll

Which U2 albums would you like to see re-released on vinyl?

Zooropa
Pop
All That You Can't Leave Behind
How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb
No Line On The Horizon
The Best of 1990-2000
The Best of 1980-1990

Author Topic: u2 relases on vinyl  (Read 728 times)

Offline pinson

• Babyface
u2 relases on vinyl
« on: September 16, 2014, 03:52:41 AM »
A number of U2 releases have become quite rare on vinyl. Which releases would you like to purchase on vinyl that are not generally available right now?

Offline eddyjedi

• Elevated
Re: u2 relases on vinyl
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2014, 04:40:03 AM »
I have every album now it took me about 10 years!

Offline rubbersoul

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2017, 12:36:44 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Precious Stone
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2017, 01:17:19 PM »
I voted Pop, with Zooropa as a close second. Admittingly, I never listen to vinyl, but those would be my picks if I did.

Offline riffraff

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • Hold on to love, love won't let you go...
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2017, 01:24:01 PM »
pop

Lost my entire vinyl collection years ago...@&$*%^)

Offline ultravioletlight

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2017, 07:48:26 PM »
It does seem like HTDAAB is getting a reisssue. They might as well do everything else...

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2017, 07:44:13 AM »
Zooropa, Pop, and ATYCLB. I have all of their 80's output along with NLOTH and SOI. I just need AB-HTDAAB and I'll be done!

Offline Smee

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2017, 08:16:05 AM »
Seems like ALL the harder to get vinyl might be re-issued soon

Offline Marvinho

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2017, 09:35:50 AM »
The two best of LPs are ridiculously expensive to get hold of nowadays. 80s goes for 150+ and the 90s one will set you back around 100. I remember at the time I couldn't even find the 80s on on vinyl when it was released! It's the only one I haven't got so yeah, reissue that please.

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #9 on: March 12, 2017, 11:49:55 AM »

That would be amazing. I really hope sales are good and they do the rest of their discography.

Offline Smee

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #10 on: March 12, 2017, 02:16:21 PM »

That would be amazing. I really hope sales are good and they do the rest of their discography.
Im pretty sure that IF they stick to the harder to find albums, they will shift the re-issues in decent numbers. There will be a fair amount of interest in them i would imagine

Offline JFW

• Stateless
  • Lookin' in the places where no flowers grow
« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2017, 02:38:04 AM »
I'm a fan for nearly four years now and started to collect vinyl when I was in high school. I have collected every album except Original Soundtracks and No Line and a. I also have a  few 12'' singles (completed the trabant of AB last month :) ) and have some other special releases.

Well, I have to admit: Zooropa, Leave Behind and Dismantle are bootlegs paid around 20 for it. But Pop was 80 for me. The bootlegs are a bit crappy. Two last tracks of Dismantle are getting noisy fast. Leave Behind has a very small pinhole, so when you take it from your turntable it bows. Zooropa is all noisy.

I wanted to find the original Zooropa and No Line (Bomb and Leave are way too expensive) to finish my collection and be happy about it. The fun and joy of collect those vinyl is to get LP's for a decent price (not really counting the bootlegs. That fun is going to disappear a bit I'm afraid, and paying so much for Pop could be useless (it wouldn't I'm still very happy!). But we'll see.

Offline Smee

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #12 on: March 18, 2017, 09:55:17 AM »
I'm a fan for nearly four years now and started to collect vinyl when I was in high school. I have collected every album except Original Soundtracks and No Line and a. I also have a  few 12'' singles (completed the trabant of AB last month :) ) and have some other special releases.

Well, I have to admit: Zooropa, Leave Behind and Dismantle are bootlegs paid around 20 for it. But Pop was 80 for me. The bootlegs are a bit crappy. Two last tracks of Dismantle are getting noisy fast. Leave Behind has a very small pinhole, so when you take it from your turntable it bows. Zooropa is all noisy.

I wanted to find the original Zooropa and No Line (Bomb and Leave are way too expensive) to finish my collection and be happy about it. The fun and joy of collect those vinyl is to get LP's for a decent price (not really counting the bootlegs. That fun is going to disappear a bit I'm afraid, and paying so much for Pop could be useless (it wouldn't I'm still very happy!). But we'll see.

You could always ignore any re-issues and concentrate on trying to pick up original presses of the albums your after. Exactly how the re-issues might affect the originals issues prices, remains to be seen.
As for Bootleg copies..i have no interest in owning them at all. Id rather go without a vinyl copy tbh