Author Topic: Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?  (Read 6104 times)

Offline iced

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • You don't see me but you will..I am not invisible.
Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?
« on: September 23, 2014, 03:23:38 AM »
Bono?
The Edge?
Larry Mullen Jr.?
Adam Clayton?

They all look good, but I actually think it might be the Edge since he put a cap on his head following POP.

...What say you?

Offline Velvet Dress

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 03:45:43 AM »
Edge, definitely.   Great skin for a 53 year old white guy with his lifestyle.   Plus exquisite bone structure - that's something you're either born with or not, and it doesn't change with age.

Larry still looks the youngest by far, but I think of "ageing well" (in terms of looks) as meaning looking your age and looking good.

Offline Am I bugging you?

• Party Girl/Boy
  • “Fu<k the revolution”
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2014, 04:11:44 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono?
The Edge?
Larry Mullen Jr.?
Adam Clayton?

They all look good, but I actually think it might be the Edge since he put a cap on his head following POP.

...What say you?
  Edge has been wearing the beanie since 1991, prior to the release of Achtung Baby. I think it's about time he got rid of it. I have to agree, Edge does look good for his age, as does Larry. 

Edgedisciple

Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2014, 04:43:41 AM »
Edge. Larry second (seems like his vegetarian regimen helped a lot). Bono and Adam are aging fast. Bono has never taken care of himself (smoke and booze especially) and the voice was the first thing to suffer from it.

Offline jenniferh aka jen

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
Re: Whose aged the best since the &quot;The Joshua Tree&quot; cover?
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2014, 07:23:51 AM »
I'm going to say this at the risk of losing my Adam Girl card.

Edge and Larry are aging very well, gracefully and still in good health.

Bono is aging faster then expected, and I agree with Edgedesciple, booze and smoke are responsible.

Adam was aging very well and got the coveted Silver Fox award. His hair went astray for a while and is now looking good! But lately he hasn't looked "happy" except when he's got his guitar and jamming out. I'm not blinded by this as other people have noticed it too.

Offline seashells

• Staring at the Sun
  • Let me in the sound
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2014, 07:42:11 AM »

Bono is aging faster then expected, and I agree with Edgedesciple, booze and smoke are responsible.

Adam was aging very well and got the coveted Silver Fox award. His hair went astray for a while and is now looking good! But lately he hasn't looked "happy" except when he's got his guitar and jamming out. I'm not blinded by this as other people have noticed it too.
E L A B  but they/(we) should all use whatever Ali uses for a skin regime.

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2014, 08:57:57 AM »
Ali uses her own skincare line called Nude. It's very expensive and I think you can find it on beauty.com still

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2014, 12:02:22 PM »
I think it's a toss up between Adam and Larry.

Offline AllThoseThingsILove

• Party Girl/Boy
  • "as a ninja hits the ground..." ;)
« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2014, 01:06:22 PM »
Adam looks older, but he's aging in a much more distinguished way.
Edge really doesn't seem to age, maybe a few crows feet. 
Larry is looking a bit shiny and tight.
And Bono, well... hmmm he looks like an old rock star.

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
I wonder if Edge took off the beanie, would we see any gray hair?

Offline GardenTart

• Elevated
  • Little and little they robbed and stole...
« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2014, 04:59:37 PM »
Wrong answer Jen  >:( You are officially out of the Adam's Girl Club.

I honestly think that Adam the aged the best, with Edge in second place. But IMO Larry has aged horribly! every time I see a new picture I think of how haggard he looks. I would even go so far as to say Bono has aged better than Larry. 

Offline Belisama

• Global Moderator
  • Original of the Species
« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2014, 05:35:12 PM »
Wrong answer Jen  >:( You are officially out of the Adam's Girl Club.

I honestly think that Adam the aged the best, with Edge in second place. But IMO Larry has aged horribly! every time I see a new picture I think of how haggard he looks. I would even go so far as to say Bono has aged better than Larry. 

+1

Larry was top dog for the longest time and has seemed to have aged overnight. He will always look boyish but he does look drawn these days. Adam and Edge are pretty close in this but I think Adam wins by a nose. Plus he has gotten better looking as he has gotten older. . . not easy to do. Bono has aged the most. That being said, U2 in general look much better than most men their age, by far!

Oh and a side note. . . Ali looks fabulous for her age, but there can be no doubt she relies on much more than her product line to keep it going.

Offline Doc_Holiday

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2014, 07:57:24 PM »
Up until a few years ago, Bono was clearly aging the worst, and Larry was aging the best. Larry was looking like early thirties when he was forty five, really impressive.

Recently, Bono somewhat stabilized (the weight loss and short hair worked for him) and Larry aged brutally, looking like a drawn out old skinny lady. Edge and Adam always aged well, and Adam was looking extremely smooth just a bit before  SoI's release.

Seeing the Rolling Stone photoshoot, Adam unexplicably aged a few years in just a couple months.

So, my ranking goes as follows:

1- Edge - The best, seems to have great genetics for aging, it's going slow and natural, I barely notice much changes.

2- Adam/Bono - It should have been Adam alone on second place or even tied with Edge on first place, but he aged rapidly since Invisible. Bono was aging terribly up until 360, but seems to be taking care of himself since then. They are tied nowadays.

3- Larry - He was the youngest looking for a very looooong time. Looked incredible during Vertigo tour. I don't know what happened, if it's diet or genetics, but overnight he aged every year that was hidden somewhere in him.  Nowadays he looks like a fragile skinny old lady, which is a shame.

Offline Velvet Dress

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2014, 08:05:11 PM »
^

Yeah, for Edge it's definitely genetics.   Garvin and Dik Evans look great for their age too.   I don't think the difference from Bono can be blamed on Bono's lifestyle choices; Edge smokes too (or used to) and considering how he and Bono seemed joined at the hip even in their off time, he probably parties just as hard.

Offline may2

• Wanderer
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2014, 09:39:45 PM »
Adam