Author Topic: Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?  (Read 8940 times)

Offline steve70

• Wanderer
Re: Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?
« Reply #45 on: June 06, 2018, 11:10:39 AM »
"Larry sometimes displays a cranky old guy demeanor."

ha ha yep, now more than ever.  ;D

Offline World71R

• Refugee
  • It's no secret ambition bites the nails of success
« Reply #46 on: June 06, 2018, 11:24:30 PM »
Definitely Larry, but The Edge isn't too far off. Honestly, The Edge still looks around the same now as he did 25 years ago, to me.  :P

Adam has aged pretty gracefully, albeit a little rougher than Larry and The Edge, but not as roughly as Bono. He's aged the most by far.

Offline Inishfree

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2018, 09:18:06 PM »
All of them, still alive.

Offline SwimmingSorrows

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Some folks are bound for glory, I was Born to Hang
« Reply #48 on: June 27, 2018, 06:55:32 PM »
Edge and Adam have aged amazingly well.  Adam's hair is cool, and he doesn't seem to have lost one.

Offline wons

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2018, 09:37:21 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Edge and Adam have aged amazingly well.  Adam's hair is cool, and he doesn't seem to have lost one.

Yep, ever since Adam corrected his vision and put away the glasses he has been looking younger. The full head of hair also helps as well. Ironically, I actually think Adam is the one who looks the most youthful and stylish in some ways.

Offline Catlithco

• Stateless
« Reply #50 on: July 05, 2018, 04:17:53 AM »
Ironically, I actually think Adam is the one who looks the most youthful and stylish in some ways.

Even if Bono is my favorite, I have to admit you're right.
And I have to admit that Bono has aged the most of the four. But that does not change the fact that, to me, he is the most beautiful of them.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #51 on: July 05, 2018, 06:45:15 PM »
I agree; Bono has aged the most but is the most beautiful soul of all.  Edge and Adam seem younger now than they used to.  Larry's getting older and it shows more.  All in all though they are each doing pretty well. 

Offline Luzita

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #52 on: July 05, 2018, 08:21:23 PM »
I agree; Bono has aged the most but is the most beautiful soul of all.  Edge and Adam seem younger now than they used to.  Larry's getting older and it shows more.  All in all though they are each doing pretty well.

I agree with almost all of this, except I think only Edge seems younger. Adam has aged gracefully but hes aged.

I confess that when I was young I thought of Edge as the plain one. He actually has become more attractive with age.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #53 on: July 08, 2018, 03:55:23 AM »
They all look fine for their age. I'd say Bono looks the roughest, followed by Larry. Adam is ageing gracefully but Edge probably looks the best for his age.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #54 on: July 08, 2018, 10:10:05 AM »
Bono has the lines because he has a very expressive face. 
Has anyone noticed how he often really pushes the words out when he sings.  In order to do that, he has to contort his face a bit - such as opening his mouth as wide as possible to sing his heart out when it matters eg: "hey now, do you know my name" on LOH.  Additionally he also is very expressive when he opens or closes his eyes, raises his eyebrows when digging deep to get the meaning of a song out.
Yeah, his past lifestyle hasn't helped (in regard to smoking in particular - but also the drinking), but in his defence (not that he really needs a defence!), some of the facial lines are a result in vocal expression.

Offline Luzita

• Headache in a Suitcase
Whose aged the best since the "The Joshua Tree" cover?
« Reply #55 on: July 08, 2018, 10:29:08 AM »
Has anyone noticed how he often really pushes the words out when he sings.  In order to do that, he has to contort his face a bit - such as opening his mouth as wide as possible to sing his heart out when it matters eg: "hey now, do you know my name" on LOH.  Additionally he also is very expressive when he opens or closes his eyes, raises his eyebrows when digging deep to get the meaning of a song out.
Yeah, his past lifestyle hasn't helped (in regard to smoking in particular - but also the drinking), but in his defence (not that he really needs a defence!), some of the facial lines are a result in vocal expression.
You have a point.

However hes aged much more quickly over the last 10 years or so. I think its mostly a result of the major blows to his health over that period.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #56 on: July 08, 2018, 10:05:25 PM »
Yes, Edge definitely looks better now.  He's also done a remarkable personality overhaul as far as his public persona.  He was so introverted and reticent in the early days and now seems to have a great deal of fun.

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #57 on: July 11, 2018, 01:54:15 PM »
You have a point.

However hes aged much more quickly over the last 10 years or so. I think its mostly a result of the major blows to his health over that period.

We all know he needs to watch himself.....we'd all love him to be around for as long a time as possible.

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #58 on: July 11, 2018, 06:42:12 PM »
Edge also sings very bigly with open mouth and squinted shut eyes. Edge look better now than Elevation era (where he had a bit of a simian look to his face). Proof that men can look better after 40. Edge's skincare secrets must be avoiding sun with his baseball caps, and moisturizers.

Edge has filled out with a gut, but clothes cover it. Men at 57 dream of looking as lean as him still.

I'm an Adam gal but Adam looks 10+ years older than L! Not the 2 years of reality. Adam's face is lined and a bit saggy, Larry is pulled tight as a drum.

Adam hit peak facial looks in Vertigo+360. It's apparent he paid lots of attention to toning his body 360+ie2015 and even now. Running (like Adam does) sags the face.

Offline summerholly

• Refugee
« Reply #59 on: July 11, 2018, 08:21:20 PM »
Edge also sings very bigly with open mouth and squinted shut eyes. Edge look better now than Elevation era (where he had a bit of a simian look to his face). Proof that men can look better after 40. Edge's skincare secrets must be avoiding sun with his baseball caps, and moisturizers.

Edge has filled out with a gut, but clothes cover it. Men at 57 dream of looking as lean as him still.

I'm an Adam gal but Adam looks 10+ years older than L! Not the 2 years of reality. Adam's face is lined and a bit saggy, Larry is pulled tight as a drum.

Adam hit peak facial looks in Vertigo+360. It's apparent he paid lots of attention to toning his body 360+ie2015 and even now. Running (like Adam does) sags the face.

I don't know why but this gave me a laugh. I haven't really studied them in detail except that they have all aged and look to me like 50-60 yo men.  Same age range as me and my friends and they look how I would expect.  Most of my similar aged male friend are pretty fit and look much the same.  I took a closer look at Larry as there is something not quite natural about the skin on his face lol.  However they all looking pretty decent really, not the young sexy men anymore that I grew up with but looking just like the rest of us as we age.