Author Topic: asia concerts?  (Read 2504 times)

Offline flender

• Babyface
Re: asia concerts?
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2014, 10:50:06 AM »
Still waiting for bangkokkkk

Offline macky0104

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2017, 11:21:49 AM »
I saw Coldplay in Bangkok last night and was reminded of this thread. First concert I've been to in Asia and I had a great time! U2 are certainly missing a trick by not playing over here.

A few things that stood out were:
1) Stadium was packed with a fantastic diverse crowd from all over SE Asia and China
2) Fans knew all their new songs just as much and possibly more than their old hit songs
3) Need to work on the logistics and safety as it took a long time to get out of the stadium (I was in GA) and there were no T-shirts at all left at the end of the concert, not one!

Hopefully U2 get round to playing in this region as I'd love to see them over this way. Great weather most of the year and also gets dark quite early in the evening which is much better for an outdoor show.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2017, 11:36:10 AM »
There are swathes of their traditionally biggest markets that they haven't played since 2011 so i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for shows in these largely untouched down the years markets.

Offline monopoly

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2017, 12:23:10 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
There are swathes of their traditionally biggest markets that they haven't played since 2011 so i wouldn't hold your breath waiting for shows in these largely untouched down the years markets.

+1. If they do decide on touring Asia, it'll probably be another year or two from next year. The most likely thing they'll do is head to SA, then Mexico, then the USA, then Europe again. Then Asia, if it even happens. By then you're looking at 2019

Offline Chargedvt

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2017, 04:24:29 PM »

+1. If they do decide on touring Asia, it'll probably be another year or two from next year. The most likely thing they'll do is head to SA, then Mexico, then the USA, then Europe again. Then Asia, if it even happens. By then you're looking at 2019
Let's not forget Australia in there ;)
They might even launch the SOE tour here

Offline Nanda360

• Stateless
  • ok folks, everybody back from the edge!
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2017, 12:04:23 PM »
I doubt they'll ever be allowed to play China...Tibetan Freedom concert in '97 and all that.

I find it strange that they tour South America which doesn't have anywhere near the wealth of some parts of Asia. U2 could easily play, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok, Singapore and Jakarta and charge their current ticket prices. Apart from a lot of rich locals all of these places also have large ex-pat communities.

It's crazy...they're leaving tens of millions of $$$ on the table.
Very interesting. In terms of South America, it seems you just don't know what you're talking about. Please see updated info on reliable sources and not on Wikipedia. They have good quality fans in South America as well as all the local structure to play just as anywhere in the world. Whenever they get here, Chile, Brazil, Argentina, just to name a few countries, tickets get sold out as fast as a flu transmission. And it will always be.

Offline georgemccauley

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2017, 07:43:50 PM »
I wonder if the market for U2 is as strong over in the likes of Japan nowadays compared to 2006? It's be nice to seem them stretching things out and adding dates in India etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro