Author Topic: Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary CD/DVD Edition - Different Hardback Book Versions?  (Read 728 times)

Offline osullic

• Babyface
Hi,

I was randomly looking at U2 stuff online and saw a YouTube video of a young fan showing off his U2 collection:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
At 5:40 he shows his Joshua Tree 20th Anniversary box set.
I have this, but when he flicks through his book, it is clearly different to mine, most noticeably the first large photo of the band standing in front of the Joshua tree - where in my book there is just a blank black page. That photo appears nowhere in my book.
My box set was bought in Ireland. I presume his was bought in the US.
Anyone come across these differences before?

Thanks for your insight!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2017, 03:43:55 AM by osullic »

Offline osullic

• Babyface
I know this thread is 8 years old, but it's my thread and I never got a reply, so I just wanted to give it a bump today, now that The Joshua Tree is back in the U2 public consciousness.
Did anyone ever come across differences between the US/Europe editions of The Joshua Tree 2007 re-releases?

Offline JohnMegadeth

• Stranger in a Strange Land
I'll take a look at my set and will let you know.

Offline Voldemar

• Babyface
Hmm, interesting...

I have You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - the very first pages are black, no picture as seen in the youtube video.
I also checked Discogs scans and comments to other 2CD/DVD Boxes (US, Japan, Australia) - no info and/or scan about those pages.

That's all I found out at the moment.

Offline osullic

• Babyface
Thanks for the reply. At least it confirms that my copy isn't a one-off dud. Like yours, my first pages are black, where the YouTuber has the photo of the band in front of the Joshua tree. I wonder why the US edition (B0010304-00) got this iconic photo, and it was left out entirely from the European edition (1750948).