Poll

Would you be in favor of a remastering?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: 10th Anniversary Remaster?  (Read 5511 times)

Offline KenpoMatt

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • The first wealth is health.
Re: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: 10th Anniversary Remaster?
« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2015, 10:57:24 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I'd like to get a copy of North Star that was conceived during the sessions and an official version of Mercy.

My thought exactly.

Offline fintano

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2015, 04:18:54 PM »
Been listening to Atomic Bomb tonight on vinyl for first time for a while. It sounds so good! I hear negative comments here and elsewhere, but I love it!

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2015, 08:16:05 PM »
Been listening to Atomic Bomb tonight on vinyl for first time for a while. It sounds so good! I hear negative comments here and elsewhere, but I love it!

I'd love to have it on vinyl but every seller seems to have it for an outrageous price (over $500 on Amazon alone). I wish the band would go back and rerelease their 90's and 2000's albums on vinyl. That's something that would make a lot of fans happy and maybe include a remastered CD or download with it.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #33 on: February 27, 2015, 08:21:44 PM »

I'd love to have it on vinyl but every seller seems to have it for an outrageous price (over $500 on Amazon alone). I wish the band would go back and rerelease their 90's and 2000's albums on vinyl. That's something that would make a lot of fans happy and maybe include a remastered CD or download with it.

Very happy! Who do we call about this?

Offline gmoneypower

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #34 on: March 04, 2015, 11:33:44 PM »
I think the only thing that bugs me the most about BOMB is the drums. His drums are so buried on this record. I mean there is barely any kick drum. Re-mastering no. Remix sure...but at the same time. I'd leave it. It's a place in time, the way it was in 2004. so.....go figure.

Offline georgemccauley

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2017, 09:42:19 AM »
Just seen a listing on Amazon stating a 2017 release for a Vinyl edition? Maybe a remaster of this great record isn't so far fetched after all?

Offline Smee

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Im Eddie and im a Monkey
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2017, 11:06:26 AM »

Im with you on this.

Id say the average price i have seen Bomb on vinyl for, on ebay, is around the 100 mark. Cheapest i saw, was a sealed copy which went for around 48

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2017, 12:31:36 PM »
Just seen a listing on Amazon stating a 2017 release for a Vinyl edition? Maybe a remaster of this great record isn't so far fetched after all?

Oh wow, you're right! April 28 is the release date. Thanks for the heads' up!

Offline aviastar

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Feel like trash...you make me feel clean
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2017, 01:52:52 PM »
I like vast portions of the album...I just don't like the title all that much (don't really get it I guess?)
It feels a bit more complete of an album to me than ATYCLB, mostly because of song sequencing...the filler on HTDAAB is spaced out a little more evenly than on ATYCLB, where they are all kind of stacked in the back.  I don't think it needs a remaster....it's not some groundbreaking piece of their catalogue that should be celebrated like TJT or AB.  It's just a pretty decent album...like most of their post-2000 work.  They need to get it on vinyl though...I need it for my U2 vinyl collection.

Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own is a track I really love.  My wife and I entered into our wedding reception to City of Blinding Lights.  I think Miracle Drug is a good tune.  I can't stand Vertigo...quatorze and all.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2017, 05:28:43 PM »
How To Dismantle an Atomic Bomb is a horrible album as is, and I don't think it can get any better.

On the other hand, it's probably the most poorly mastered album I have ever listened to. Every track sounds overly-compressed and lacks dynamics... don't forget the awful clipping present on almost every track. I totally see this side of the argument.

Atomic Bomb, to me, is so awful and has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. You can only polish a turd so much and I don't think it is worth the band's time to put so much effort into a remaster.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #40 on: March 03, 2017, 07:57:35 AM »

calling it "great" is far fetched.

i'd be interested in outtakes of songs we haven't heard. maybe some of the Rubin songs.

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #41 on: March 03, 2017, 10:41:28 AM »
U2's worst album, by a country mile.

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #42 on: March 03, 2017, 11:31:31 AM »
Second best.

Offline WookieeWarrior10

• Elevated
  • Every Artist is a Cannibal, Every Poet is a Thief.
« Reply #43 on: March 03, 2017, 11:32:15 AM »
Absolute worst.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2017, 12:16:39 PM »
2nd worst.