Poll

Would you be in favor of a remastering?

Yes
No
Maybe

Author Topic: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: 10th Anniversary Remaster?  (Read 5020 times)

Offline acrobat62

• Precious Stone
Re: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb: 10th Anniversary Remaster?
« Reply #45 on: March 03, 2017, 12:27:47 PM »
 6th  - 8th best  :o

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2017, 12:48:42 PM »
I seriously cannot think of one song on this album that I ever want to hear again. Possibly Vertigo, but that is it.

Its funny, because the tour was quite good, I had fun following it across the USA - 26 shows. I guess that's what made the experience fun, not the terrible songs from U2's most un-imaginative record.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2017, 12:52:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I seriously cannot think of one song on this album that I ever want to hear again. Possibly Vertigo, but that is it.

Its funny, because the tour was quite good, I had fun following it across the USA - 26 shows. I guess that's what made the experience fun, not the terrible songs from U2's most un-imaginative record.

you traveled the country for the vertigo tour? man i'd have to LOVE the album to see it that many times...

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2017, 12:58:09 PM »

you traveled the country for the vertigo tour? man i'd have to LOVE the album to see it that many times...

Yup. 26 Vertigo shows. The only other tour that came close to that for me was Zoo TV - 15 shows! Guess which one was the best?  ;D

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2017, 12:59:39 PM »

Yup. 26 Vertigo shows. The only other tour that came close to that for me was Zoo TV - 15 shows! Guess which one was the best?  ;D

and you hated the album THAT much? i didn't bother going to one show. there was a few other reasons why i couldn't go in 05 but mainly i just didn't care to hear the songs live. and i like the album more than you lol

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2017, 01:19:12 PM »

and you hated the album THAT much? i didn't bother going to one show. there was a few other reasons why i couldn't go in 05 but mainly i just didn't care to hear the songs live. and i like the album more than you lol

Yup. Very disappointed in HTDAAB. But going to see them live is another thing - I love the thrill of it, the social aspect, the travel, all of it adds to the excitement for me. Also -  even if they are touring a poor album, I know Im going to hear at least 12 maybe more songs from their other albums - so Im ok with it.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2017, 01:26:17 PM »
i KIND OF regret not going to Vertigo. i mean, i'd have been alone, and kinda butthurt that the new songs <minus Vertigo, COBL, SYCMIOYO mainly> were being played. idk like i said there was more to it than my butthurt over the album being so bad. mainly how broke and miserable i was lol.

now Popmart i had a SLIGHT chance to have seen, and that stings that i didn't bust my ass tryin to go.

Offline Spacejunk69

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2017, 01:32:44 PM »
i KIND OF regret not going to Vertigo. i mean, i'd have been alone, and kinda butthurt that the new songs <minus Vertigo, COBL, SYCMIOYO mainly> were being played. idk like i said there was more to it than my butthurt over the album being so bad. mainly how broke and miserable i was lol.

now Popmart i had a SLIGHT chance to have seen, and that stings that i didn't bust my ass tryin to go.

The beginning of the Vertigo tour was amazing, the start of the show was great. I cant stand COBL - but Vertigo live (at least back then) was ace - and they also played two of my ALL TIME favorite live songs in the set - An Cat Dubh and The Electric Co. Seeing those songs alone was worth it. SBS was kind fun too, with Larry and Bono beating the drum at the tip of the elipse/catwalk.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2017, 01:40:52 PM »

The beginning of the Vertigo tour was amazing, the start of the show was great. I cant stand COBL - but Vertigo live (at least back then) was ace - and they also played two of my ALL TIME favorite live songs in the set - An Cat Dubh and The Electric Co. Seeing those songs alone was worth it. SBS was kind fun too, with Larry and Bono beating the drum at the tip of the elipse/catwalk.

see i HATE that they opened the show with COBL, and i love that song. that's the encore opener. Vertigo is the show opener.

i don't follow tours around so this is the only show i'd have seen...

The First Time and 40 are the ones that hurt that i missed. AOH and Ocean would have been great too, though.

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2017, 01:54:23 PM »
HTDAAB is not their best, but it surely is better than most of their albums from the 80's. It has great singles, a great anthemic song and nice ballads/mid-tempo songs. It also has some of their worst songs, but so do War, October and R&H.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2017, 02:47:34 PM »
I don't share the hate this album gets.  Granted, it's not in the top tier of their stuff for me, but I still really dug at least three songs on this (Vertigo, COBL, and SYCMIOYO), and there were some other decent, if not spectacular, tunes.  Likewise, that tour wasn't necessarily my favorite, but it was still a great, great show.  I loved the Zoo TV encore, and they started doing some interesting deeper cuts throughout the tour.  Maybe it suffered for the staging being a bit "Elevation 2.0", but it was still a great show.

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2017, 03:45:32 PM »
HTDAAB is not their best, but it surely is better than most of their albums from the 80's. It has great singles, a great anthemic song and nice ballads/mid-tempo songs. It also has some of their worst songs, but so do War, October and R&H.

no. god no. October is worse but not War or R&H thats absurd.

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2017, 04:22:41 PM »

It's not absurd at all.

Offline tigerfan41

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2017, 04:28:16 PM »
I'd rank it above October and NLOTH, easily. That said, I enjoy the album for what it is.

Offline mrsamrocks2

• Numb
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2017, 04:46:45 PM »

Well, on War, everything on side 2 is forgettable except 40. On R&H, there are some boring songs like Love Rescue Me, WLCTT, GP2, S&G and the list goes on. This album is a mess and it's only saved by 3-4 songs like AIWIY.