Author Topic: who will back u2 this tour?  (Read 3605 times)

Offline Carrick

• Stateless
Re: who will back u2 this tour?
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2009, 10:55:49 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Rumors kicking about have either Muse and/or Snow Patrol.

I guess this is why Snow Patrol has not really toured the USA with their new album. Their waiting to jump on board the U2 tour. They need it to. Their new album was was released 4 or 5 months ago has dropped off the charts in the USA and only sold 130,000 copies. U2 had Pearl Jam open for them because it was a special occasion. Typically though, U2 like to have new, alternative, or relatively unknown or much less popular artist open for them. The Pretenders and Los Lobos opened the Joshua Tree Tour. Red Rockers opened on the Unforgettable Fire Tour. Pixies opened on ZOO TV. Rage Against The Machine at the start of POPMART. PJ Harvey on Elevation. Kings Of Leon on Vertigo.

Offline fadedu2

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2009, 11:20:33 AM »
remember when garbage opened a few dates of the elevation tour with No doubt, Garbage is one of my favorites.

Offline PictureInGrey

• Stateless
  • Restart and reboot yourself.
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2009, 03:07:03 PM »
I'd love it if TV On The Radio supported them this year.

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #18 on: March 04, 2009, 03:11:48 PM »
I was thinking-would it be such a scandal if no one supported them? ??? How about a show with just our guys? I know that probably would never happen but I think it would be nice!  Isn't Van Morrison touring again? Just a thought. That would be a great show. 

Offline jono2u

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • "i was born to sing for you"
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2009, 03:21:26 PM »
nobody supports Springsteen just him and 3 hours of amazing music.I think no support would be good but i doubt it would happen

Offline theocean

• Genius of Compression
  • The songs are in your eyes
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2009, 03:52:47 PM »
They should pick a cool local band from every city they play. Somebody just starting to come up like they used to, but someone good....just a thought!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2009, 03:54:49 PM »
They should pick a cool local band from every city they play. Somebody just starting to come up like they used to, but someone good....just a thought!

Very nice idea ocean!

Offline mike1885

• Babyface
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2009, 08:59:05 PM »
I could see it being one of the big "critic" bands from last year, like TV on the Radio or Vampire Weekend.  Snow Patrol is also a possibility, but they might be too big.  I would love for it to be Muse, and they will have finished up their new album around the time the tour begins, but I think they might feel like they're too big to be an opening band.

Offline MirrorballMoon

• Running to Stand Still
  • "Just wait until you get to Minneapolis!" - Bono
« Reply #23 on: March 04, 2009, 09:09:58 PM »

I vote for Cloud Cult for Minneapolis . . . if U2 is coming to Minneapolis . . .

Offline PictureInGrey

• Stateless
  • Restart and reboot yourself.
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2009, 03:30:19 AM »
I could see it being one of the big "critic" bands from last year, like TV on the Radio or Vampire Weekend.  Snow Patrol is also a possibility, but they might be too big.  I would love for it to be Muse, and they will have finished up their new album around the time the tour begins, but I think they might feel like they're too big to be an opening band.

Yeah, i thought Muse would be a good idea, but then I remembered how HUGE their shows were a couple of years ago. I mean, they even played Wembley before U2 did! TV On The Radio get my vote, but I think they might still be touring. Vampire Weekend or MGMT are two others I'd put in the "maybe" pile.