Author Topic: MacPhisto Worship Thread  (Read 29172 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #240 on: December 07, 2016, 01:48:10 PM »
Finally finished updating You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to cover the latest tour and last month's surprising event! There will also be a new image gallery for this at some point, but I need some time to do more screencapping first.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #241 on: December 12, 2016, 12:42:56 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Ok next up McPhisto YouTube channel. Right? I'm planning this out, if only I was in charge,  lol

I would love to see MacPhisto film a Christmas message like the Queen (whom he used to babysit). That would be perfect!

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #242 on: December 12, 2016, 01:06:51 PM »
Ok next up McPhisto YouTube channel. Right? I'm planning this out, if only I was in charge,  lol

I would love to see MacPhisto film a Christmas message like the Queen (whom he used to babysit). That would be perfect!
would be awesome!

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #243 on: December 12, 2016, 02:18:08 PM »
Isnt Bono now 15 years older than what the character is supposed to be?  MacPhisto was supposed to be a bitter rock singer 10 years older than Bono was during Zoo TV i believe i heard him say.  Wonder if the character has changed at all.

I don't recall ever seeing a quote about "10 years older than Bono" - any idea where you saw/heard that? MacPhisto seems considerably older than 43!

Bono told Carter Alan that MacPhisto was like The Fly still playing Vegas "thirty years later", and there's a similar quote in B.P. Fallon's book where he actually says "fifty years later". So in human terms he'd be somewhere in his 60s/70s/80s. I couldn't find any mention of him being only ten years older.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #244 on: December 16, 2016, 09:17:50 AM »
Very rich pop stars can afford to pour champagne on the floor.

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #245 on: December 19, 2016, 06:00:48 PM »
Submitted without comment...

visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #246 on: January 02, 2017, 06:29:22 PM »
Fansite traffic over the past three months. There appears to have been a sudden spike of interest in MacPhisto towards the end of November... I wonder why? ;D

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #247 on: January 03, 2017, 04:01:33 AM »
Fansite traffic over the past three months. There appears to have been a sudden spike of interest in MacPhisto towards the end of November... I wonder why? ;D

That's cool, of cause he's the hippest little devil around.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #248 on: January 23, 2017, 11:30:07 AM »
So the White House shut down the phone lines, my dreams of MacPhisto calling are shattered. I mean I was hoping for a Bono SNL appearance in costume calling the White House.  I had this all planned.  So bummed

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #249 on: January 23, 2017, 11:37:22 AM »
So the White House shut down the phone lines, my dreams of MacPhisto calling are shattered. I mean I was hoping for a Bono SNL appearance in costume calling the White House.  I had this all planned.  So bummed

"I don't need the telephone lines! You know who I am! And I want to thank you for letting me back into the country! I'm BAAACK!"

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #250 on: January 23, 2017, 11:41:27 AM »

"I don't need the telephone lines! You know who I am! And I want to thank you for letting me back into the country! I'm BAAACK!"
yes! And today we have You Tube I'm going to live now lol

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #251 on: January 31, 2017, 04:53:09 PM »
The Zooropa Tour opened in Rotterdam on this day in 1993! Love this quote from Willie's tour diary: "'Desire' was one of those great moments where you know something that the audience (and the enormous amount of press people) don't. Out he comes, and you can feel 50,000 people go 'What the f***?' The absolute crowning glory was that it stayed dry all night until the encore break when the heavens opened, so MacPhisto made his first entrance in a raging downpour under a sky full of thunder and lightning. It looked like Faust meets Apocalypse Now."

I have the video of Desire, but Dailymotion deleted and blacklisted it for some reason. :( There's a funny bit where he shouts up at God in response to the rain ("You can p**s on me!"), and I adore the "I have a vision... Eurovision!" twist. ;D

You *can* watch MacPhisto's speech (including his rendition of 'Ding-A-Dong'!) and the first of many taxi phone calls, plus Ultra Violet:
I still don't know the story behind him saying it was the last Eurovision and the end of an era - I can't find any reference to the contest possibly ending that year! Do let me know if you can shed any light.

You can watch MacPhisto's dramatic debut in full on YouTube now:

I love how he remarks "The Devil plays a harp too, you know" just before his harmonica solo!

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #252 on: February 01, 2017, 03:10:06 AM »
The Zooropa Tour opened in Rotterdam on this day in 1993! Love this quote from Willie's tour diary: "'Desire' was one of those great moments where you know something that the audience (and the enormous amount of press people) don't. Out he comes, and you can feel 50,000 people go 'What the f***?' The absolute crowning glory was that it stayed dry all night until the encore break when the heavens opened, so MacPhisto made his first entrance in a raging downpour under a sky full of thunder and lightning. It looked like Faust meets Apocalypse Now."

I have the video of Desire, but Dailymotion deleted and blacklisted it for some reason. :( There's a funny bit where he shouts up at God in response to the rain ("You can p**s on me!"), and I adore the "I have a vision... Eurovision!" twist. ;D

You *can* watch MacPhisto's speech (including his rendition of 'Ding-A-Dong'!) and the first of many taxi phone calls, plus Ultra Violet:
I still don't know the story behind him saying it was the last Eurovision and the end of an era - I can't find any reference to the contest possibly ending that year! Do let me know if you can shed any light.

I love how he remarks "The Devil plays a harp too, you know" just before his harmonica solo!
Oh....all those memory's. Was there, along the catwalk. His first appearance was great. Next day i saw girls with red horns on in
the audiance. The shoes.........awesome!

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #253 on: February 01, 2017, 01:11:56 PM »

Oh....all those memory's. Was there, along the catwalk. His first appearance was great. Next day i saw girls with red horns on in
the audiance. The shoes.........awesome!

He looks great without his jacket on! You're so lucky to have seen this up close....

Interesting how they hadn't really worked out the encore routine at this point - it's unusual to see LIB performed on the main stage, and MacPhisto even disappearing backstage during the guitar solo of WOWY.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #254 on: February 01, 2017, 01:13:49 PM »
Lisbon anniversary today!
Love MacPhisto's little renditions of Moon River. :) Poor old devil didn't have much luck with the latest taxi company: "I'm the last pop star, and they've hung up on me." :( There's a bootleg video of the concert here, with the speech starting at 40:26:

I think the performance clips in this You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login (from 3:04 to 3:59) are also from the Lisbon show.

Dang, YouTube blocked the first link in the US  :(

Aw, I didn't know that. :( It's not a particularly great quality bootleg, mind you - filmed from miles away!
I'll still try to find it elsewhere on the Internet. Maybe I'll get lucky.

Perhaps You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login will work better?