Author Topic: MacPhisto Worship Thread  (Read 21238 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #270 on: February 20, 2017, 01:46:13 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
The first of the two Sydney shows took place on this date, and you can watch a bootleg video of the whole thing You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - Daddy's Gonna Pay For Your Crashed Car is at 1:25:50 (this one did include MacPhisto's dressing room!) and the speech starts at 1:31:05. It's a shame the quality is so poor - there are several bits I couldn't make out at all when transcribing it - but definitely better than nothing.

This was basically a repeat of the wonderful Melbourne routine, with MacPhisto attempting to phone his royal friends and getting Dame Edna instead, but you can tell his heart isn't really in it this time - the playful humour seems to be missing, doubtless because of all the tension arising from Adam's absence and the upcoming live broadcast. On the plus side, you get to hear MacPhisto use the F-word and have one of his little rants (about everything Australia owes to the UK, haha), and I like Dame Edna addressing him as "you naughty little devil" and praising the Zooropa album. :)

That other upload had a lot of weird freezing and fast-forwarding, but You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login appears to be better.

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #271 on: March 22, 2017, 10:34:26 AM »
"A Hollywood screenwriter and producer has accused Disney of copying the idea for its Oscar-winning animation Zootopia from him. [...] He claims Disney copied themes, settings, plot, characters and dialogue and the title of his Zootopia concept."

Wow, I hope Mr MacPhisto sues as well. He came up with the name "Zootopia" back in 1993. :)

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login is a bootleg video of Desire in Bremen 22 years ago today. I find it to be a thoroughly entertaining performance by MacPhisto. :) Love the "Shall we dance?" bit during the bridge, and it always makes me giggle when he does that exaggerated stride forward with the mic stand for his harmonica solo. ;D (I also like his movements during the harmonica solo...) Someone in the front row gets the aforementioned mic stand casually dropped on their head, and the Devil claims ownership of the future U2.com message boards: "My Zootopia!"