Author Topic: MacPhisto Worship Thread  (Read 32053 times)

Offline Tortuga

• Refugee
MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #405 on: October 05, 2018, 11:10:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't give a crap about Bono bashing but I'm not clicking racist clickbait. And no, I don't need to give racists more chances to hear their opinion. And I certainly don't need to give clicks if the video is monitized.

Well, just let me ask you this then.  If a musician got up on stage and characterized your whole country as being nazis, how would you respond?The point of the guys video is that Bono was characterizing the whole country based on the way 18% of the population voted.  And yes I realize MacPhisto is not Bono and that he is intentionally ironic.  I dont think that changes the equation.

The left calling the right nazis and the right calling the left communists is not the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: October 05, 2018, 11:13:32 AM by Tortuga »

Offline laoghaire

• Numb
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #406 on: October 05, 2018, 12:09:12 PM »
The left calling the right nazis and the right calling the left communists is not the way.

Let's just agree on this, cause I do.

Cheers.

Offline Tortuga

• Refugee
« Reply #407 on: October 05, 2018, 01:34:12 PM »

Let's just agree on this, cause I do.

Cheers.
Amen, lets see if we can get Bono to agree to it as well.  He used to be more effective at changing hearts and minds than this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #408 on: October 08, 2018, 05:35:01 PM »
Latest U2 social media post (a clip from Hamburg 2) - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Amsterdam 1, featuring the return of "MacPhisto for Europe" - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Amsterdam 2, which was disappointingly short - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Meanwhile, he's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for everything again! Surely there's some speech material in that. ;)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #409 on: October 13, 2018, 05:02:00 PM »
I love the way MacPhisto slams Boingo. It's awesome.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #410 on: October 13, 2018, 07:18:59 PM »
I love the way MacPhisto slams Boingo. It's awesome.

Agreed!! ;D

Oh my, they've certainly been making up for the short and uninspired speech in Amsterdam, with some excellent ones in Italy so far! You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login opened with the obligatory p**s-take of Bo-no's latest activities (I will never get tired of this!), before leading into a wonderfully ZooTV-esque monologue about how he misses the old days. "I do love a demon" - as do I! (They posted a You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login of this one on social media, with the rather delightful caption "MacPhisto points out that he loves trouble in paradise. And why not? He started it, after all....")

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was even better - a sequel to his 1993 Bologna speech, with a tearful MacPhisto still missing his old friend Mussolini! Awww. This really sounds so much like a ZooTV speech, and they were very quick to make use of the news story about Salvini forcing "ethnic shops" to close early! "No people with very dark tans, unless they're orange, if you know what I mean" - LOL. ;D

I love how U2.com's show reviews have replaced the "What Did Bono Say?" feature with "What Did MacPhisto Say?", and relegated Bono to the status of "MacPhisto's alter-ego", hahahaha! He's taking over more and more...

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #411 on: October 13, 2018, 10:19:28 PM »
I find the generational aspect of MacPhisto amusing. Like he is returning or something to cities he visited in the past. But he was old before?

MacPhisto maybe needs a junior him (note, I didn't say mini-me). Someone who he can mentor. Though I like this iteration of Mac it seems the wild ideas aren't as strong as in 93.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #412 on: October 15, 2018, 08:36:14 PM »
Mac Phisto needs a women figure sister daughter something. Ms MacPhisto, oh hey Halloween is coming gives me an idea

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #413 on: Today at 06:55:26 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login, in which MacPhisto says his favourite scent is "confusion" (so that's his Christmas present sorted). I like the line "When the truth is complex, and lies are so simple, it's great to be MacPhisto". Also his goofy laugh after saying "Men like Marine Le Pen", LOL!

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - I love the part where MacPhisto reveals his "hot tip" to the audience (heh heh). Can anyone explain the "Salvini can't spell very well" reference? I wasn't sure if it related to a particular incident or if it's maybe something to do with his social media presence.

UK shows next!!!!! Eeeeeeee........

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #414 on: Today at 07:13:13 PM »
Mac Phisto needs a women figure sister daughter something. Ms MacPhisto, oh hey Halloween is coming gives me an idea

MsMacPhisto should have a feminist/non feminist alter ego dual. Then women can make their choices whether they support feminism. But do feminists like choice????

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #415 on: Today at 07:28:14 PM »

MsMacPhisto should have a feminist/non feminist alter ego dual. Then women can make their choices whether they support feminism. But do feminists like choice????
as long as the choice is theirs to make
Just think of how great a sister brother dueling devils would be

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #416 on: Today at 07:44:29 PM »
But a feminist MsMacPhisto would clear out the room in a couple of minutes and be a financial failure.

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #417 on: Today at 07:57:26 PM »
But a feminist MsMacPhisto would clear out the room in a couple of minutes and be a financial failure.
no she would be saying she is but really taking away rights of women shes evil.  I mean I have the perfect examples in my mind but they are political.  Picture a gold lame dress some white pearls and loads of judgy morals.  No one else gets choices just her.  Like Ab/Fab meets southen church lady

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #418 on: Today at 08:03:18 PM »
Or wait what if she was an Angel and the opposite of Mr MacPhisto?  Ooh this could be good it could go with their pro women stuff