Author Topic: MacPhisto Worship Thread  (Read 33623 times)

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
Re: MacPhisto Worship Thread
« Reply #435 on: November 06, 2018, 09:37:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Still so excited he came back like I have to pinch myself to make sure itís real

Me tooooo! I am still, even now, genuinely terrified I'll wake up and find it never happened. "If something seems too good to be true, it probably is..."

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #436 on: November 07, 2018, 02:45:40 AM »
I have enjoyed the comeback even if I wake up tomorrow and itís over I saw MacPhisto from GA in Nashville canít ever take that away!

Offline 73October

• Staring at the Sun
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #437 on: November 07, 2018, 03:27:09 PM »
That McDonald's take was absolutely hilarious - especially the 'advert' at the end (wiping away the tears now!).  I can just imagine that's Bono in a daft mood, with friends.

I don't want Macphisto to go away....the band may have a break for a while after this, but I wish Macphisto could reappear from time to time, keeping the political, cultural, social and economic commentary real. 
Can Macphisto start a vlog after the tour? 

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #438 on: November 07, 2018, 03:39:01 PM »
I don't want Macphisto to go away....the band may have a break for a while after this, but I wish Macphisto could reappear from time to time, keeping the political, cultural, social and economic commentary real. 
Can Macphisto start a vlog after the tour?

I know, I wish we could have something ongoing after the tour ends - I feel so much better about horrible news stories when MacPhisto is around to comment on them! And it would be so easy for him to film the occasional video, now they have that Facebook filter. Probably won't happen but it would be great if it did... I still think he should at least do an You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login for us. ;)

Offline JTNash

• Numb
« Reply #439 on: November 07, 2018, 07:31:15 PM »
Iíve been saying this a long time MAC Phisto needs a you tube channel

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2018, 05:45:29 PM »
What a strong series of speeches they had in Dublin. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login had MacPhisto calling himself Irish once again, as he often did on ZooTV (so he hasn't completely disowned the country!), and invoking the spirit of Trump as he discusses the Irish border situation. I loved the line "Brick by brick, pr*ck by pr*ck"! (I also quite liked hearing him say "Just let the passions flow...") And You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login was one of his excellent farewell speeches, which may well be repeated in Berlin on Tuesday. Interesting that he says he's not gone, just slipping out of sight "till the next time" - ooh, I like the sound of that! Just don't make us wait 25 years this time, eh? :)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #441 on: November 12, 2018, 04:06:00 PM »
It looks like Experience and Innocence is ascending and taking it's place amongst the other satellites!

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
  • IT MEEEEEEEANS SOMETHING!!!!!!
« Reply #442 on: November 12, 2018, 06:15:21 PM »
Goodbye, Squidgy.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2018, 06:54:19 PM »
I hope they give you Auschwitz

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2018, 06:58:44 PM »
Jesus, it was the neo-nazis he bequeathed Auschwitz, not Princess Di.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #445 on: November 14, 2018, 06:21:29 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login of the tour. :( Basically the same as Dublin 2 but with a couple of extra names mentioned (and a snippet of 'So Long, Farewell' from The Sound Of Music, hehe). Not sure if this speech will actually survive onto the DVD, as they had a few technical problems and a bit of a disaster going into Acrobat - at the very least I imagine they'll have to splice it together with the closing lines from an earlier recording!

I have absolutely adored the speeches on this European leg - I was already delighted with the first leg, but these were so much more varied, more daring, more fun, and much more like classic MacPhisto. The messages, the humour, the continuity... I loved all of it. I'm so thrilled that this tour has more than doubled the number of MacPhisto speeches we can revisit and enjoy. It's the best present I could ever have received and I'll be eternally grateful for it.

Anybody have a favourite speech from this leg? I could list so many, but I still really love that Borgias speech from Madrid 1!

Offline Kim

• Babyface
« Reply #446 on: November 14, 2018, 10:14:24 PM »
It would be fun if they post all the speeches on their website.

Offline laoghaire

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #447 on: November 15, 2018, 07:18:41 AM »
You're in for a treat because Canadanne has that all covered, including ZooTV transcripts too, character history, etc.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #448 on: November 15, 2018, 09:56:05 AM »
Thanks Canadanne for chronically all of his speeches forever.