Author Topic: Vancouver & I+E Tour: What would you like us to report on?  (Read 6146 times)

Offline boom boom

• Running to Stand Still
Re: Vancouver & I+E Tour: What would you like us to report on?
« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2015, 02:09:25 PM »
It would be nice to know the reaction of the crowd to the new songs as they go from city to city.  Was it favorable or was it less than favorable. Were they there to hear just the hits? It would be nice to know the reaction also from the crowd to any deep cuts that were played (eg. acrobat, surrender etc.)

It would also be nice to have a quick reference to any new songs added to the set list as the tour progresses and a possible youtube link of the song if possible.

Thanks!!

Offline Kazaer

• Babyface
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2015, 12:54:18 AM »
I would love to hear about the setlists. How the band is in shape, can Bono still hit them high notes  ;)
Some things about the stage, is it big and bold or more back to basics.
Also some things about the merchandise etc.  :)
All in all i love spoilers and since i have to wait 'till September myself, i say bring it on as much as you can!

Offline manxman

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2015, 01:11:06 PM »
Although I don't post much, I've been an avid reader going back to the early days and I always appreciate this form's various tips and advice. 

I understand people wanting to be surprised and @U2 has always been great about providing spoiler warnings.    I think if you provide the same information you provided for the last tours, you can't go wrong.   I'll be at both Vancouver shows, and I guarantee I'll be reading the forms trying to get advice for the second night! 

But to be specific, the following always helps:
- Where and when the GA line forms
- Suggested arrival times
- Suggestions for surviving the line (ie. bathroom access, etc.)
- How the different GA views compare and suggested locations (This was so helpful during the 360 tour)
- Merchandise selection and prices (The photos last time were much appreciated)
- Reports on the ticketless GA process and tips for preventing the expected disasters.

Unfortunately I can't get up there the night before for the pre-concert party, but I'll be in the GA line as soon as I can get there Thursday!

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2015, 01:58:50 PM »
Loving all these ideas and suggestions, gang. Please keep it coming.

Offline u2roolz

• Babyface
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2015, 02:10:44 PM »
I have a suggestion on "how" to report instead of "what". Let me sidetrack here to illustrate my example. I'm a huge fan of the band Wilco and I'm lucky enough to live really close to where they have their annual concert & arts festival. Things used to happen all the time during the first year. And as a result I missed some of the pop up performances. So I recommended on a message board how cool would it be to have an installation in one of the art galleries of a flat screen tv with live feeds from Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. I nearly crapped my pants when exactly that was in the middle of the museum and it was a huge draw. I have a picture of it and i'll post it for you, if I can figure that out.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

SoI'd love to see atU2 to be a hub for all of the social media that is being created on the nights of the concerts. It should be fairly easy to do with hashtags etc.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:28:18 PM by u2roolz »

Offline Dream Out Loud

• Child of Grace
  • I'm Wide Awake....I'm Not Sleeping
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2015, 06:50:56 AM »
I'm glad we're going to have staff at lots of shows because I second your concerns, M2, from your OTR about the potential disaster that will be the GA-no-ticket-but-bring-your-credit-card process.  I feel that this system will have massive problems early on and they'll tweak the process moving forward.  As such, having staff at multiple shows will allow us to see how they change (improve!) the process.

Offline Hawkmoon2e

• Administrator
  • Running to Stand Still
« Reply #21 on: April 24, 2015, 01:53:42 AM »
Rails Rails Rails

On Vertigo and 360 tours, I got to an inner rail every time.
This time though, I'm going with some who are inexperienced in the ways of guiding a blind guy through GA. So with this so called different stage design, I just want to know where I should shoot for, so I can hold on to that rail!
Will there be more rails? Less rails? Any rails at all??? ;)

And BTW, sight lines are not a concern.

Offline giggmann

• Babyface
  • AKA @markpeterboro #setlistgeek
« Reply #22 on: April 24, 2015, 01:55:40 PM »
I'd be interested in photos showing the entire range of merchandise on sale,  with prices and whether or not venue specific tshirts exist.  I remember that Madison Square Garden has had a venue specific U2 shirt on Vertigo

Offline OptimaX

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • ZOOPOP
« Reply #23 on: April 24, 2015, 02:55:07 PM »
Try to make a U2 Item travel through the whole tour by finding people that are going to give it to someone that will go to the show next day of the tour. (Will it go globally?).

In the end the item has been at every U2 show. We sell it on ebay and money goes to Amnesty/Greanpeace/Red.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 02:58:14 PM by OptimaX »

Offline Canadanne

• Numb
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #24 on: April 24, 2015, 03:00:00 PM »
Try to make a U2 Item travel through the whole tour by finding people that are going to give it to someone that will go to the show next day of the tour. (Will it go globally?).

In the end the item has been at every U2 show. We sell it on ebay and money goes to Amnesty/Greanpeace/Red.

Ha, like a U2 torch relay! Cool idea.

Offline Volcanogirl

• Elevated
  • The goal is Elevation !
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2015, 04:40:30 AM »

Love it !! What are you making?

Offline mstevensmcs

• Refugee
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2015, 05:38:01 PM »
Wondering how on earth they're going to manage "no-ticket card in hand"..... tens of thousands of people are buying ticketfast-style printed tickets on line ,second-hand....they won't have the original credit card used to buy the ticket....uh oh.

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2015, 12:04:36 PM »
Are you guys familiar with Periscope? It's a live video app that Twitter owns. You can broadcast right from your iPhone (not available for Android yet, but soon), and other Periscope users can watch the live stream, type questions that the broadcaster can respond to, etc. It's pretty cool. I've been using it a couple times from my personal Twitter account.

One of the things we're thinking about doing is hosting a live Periscope stream after the U2 shows where we have staff attending. It would be kinda like a live, post-concert report that you'd see on the news -- but people watching would be able to ask questions, so it becomes more of a conversation, too. You'll only be able to watch if you have the Periscope app.

Would that be of interest to you?

We won't have staff at every show, and some on our staff don't have iPhones or may not be comfortable doing a live video stream -- but I think we can do this for a number of shows, either soon after the concert or maybe the next morning. (Or sometimes both!) We'll obviously need to be in a location where there's strong internet connectivity, so it might have to be done from a hotel or something.

I think it would be cool to open up the livestream, start talking and recapping the concert, and take questions from other fans all over the world.

Offline jabw10

• Airborne Ranger
  • I'm more than you know...
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2015, 12:51:55 PM »
have never used periscope, but this concept sounds awesome!

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2015, 05:04:32 PM »
Now that details about the stage are coming out, it's really going to be nice to hear about the GA setup, like are people funneled to one side of the stage or the other? Where exactly is red zone? And most importantly, what is the one perfect spot I should strive to get. :) really is looking like all GA spots will be pretty darn good.