Author Topic: I&E Tour wardrobe.  (Read 9292 times)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
Re: I&E Tour wardrobe.
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2015, 12:02:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
And I like your normcore dedication Thrill Ho.

huh/ whats that mean?

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2015, 12:21:23 PM »
p8ru2 - all hands on deck! :)

Having read some more reviews, I'm completely fascinated. Read Sherry's article for info, especially about Bono's glasses change from i to e. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And then Hot Press' interview about Bono's clothing and what it reminds Olaf of.

Now what to think about what I thought I wanted Bono to wear... ;)

Thanks for the links mdmomof7 & I'm in! 

LOL @ "so B*tchin'' - And it's not a cafeteria - Anytime you enter a Bono or Band thread here, it's the Blue Room. Somebody's gotta do it! ;)

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2015, 12:25:33 PM »

Having read some more reviews, I'm completely fascinated. Read Sherry's article for info, especially about Bono's glasses change from i to e. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

And then Hot Press' interview about Bono's clothing and what it reminds Olaf of.

LOL @ "so B*tchin'' - And it's not a cafeteria - Anytime you enter a Bono or Band thread here, it's the Blue Room. Somebody's gotta do it! ;)

My pleasure, pr8u2, and welcome to the team! ;)

I've read Your Blue Room is one of Bono's favorites.  8) Blue, he really needs to realize that this is an important color for him that should extend to his wardrobe! ;)

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2015, 12:29:11 PM »
Each campaign i always hope that Edge's beenie will get replaced by some other headwear. 80's had various hats, then beenie, then urban cowboy, then back to beenie and it has stayed that way. It should change to some form of hat again.

The polo shirt is also too plain. Edge looked the best during the Popmart campaign cause he looked tough and had 'presence' imo.
Musicians on stage should look and wear clothes that are not the 'standard' kind of stuff anyone can buy.

I think if The Edge takes his beenie off, there might be a catastrophic sonic shift of the world's axis.  He's protecting us from that.  ;D

Agree re: standard casual uninspired clothes. Maybe for the 1st set, echoing "innocence" but in the 2nd set a little effort,  at least understated style & sophistication, please. Worst offender in rock: Bryan Adams with his grubby t-shirts.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2015, 12:30:28 PM »
Each campaign i always hope that Edge's beenie will get replaced by some other headwear. 80's had various hats, then beenie, then urban cowboy, then back to beenie and it has stayed that way. It should change to some form of hat again.

The polo shirt is also too plain. Edge looked the best during the Popmart campaign cause he looked tough and had 'presence' imo.
Musicians on stage should look and wear clothes that are not the 'standard' kind of stuff anyone can buy.

I think if The Edge takes his beenie off, there might be a catastrophic sonic shift of the world's axis.  He's protecting us from that.  ;D

Agree re: standard casual uninspired clothes. Maybe for the 1st set, echoing "innocence" but in the 2nd set a little effort,  at least understated style & sophistication, please. Worst offender in rock: Bryan Adams with his grubby t-shirts.

Ewwww and his rip off of All I Want Is you.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2015, 12:32:47 PM »

My pleasure, pr8u2, and welcome to the team! ;)

I've read Your Blue Room is one of Bono's favorites.  8) Blue, he really needs to realize that this is an important color for him that should extend to his wardrobe! ;)

Thx! I used be full on in this section but have been away for a while from the forums. Bono looks awesome in purple & green too. 

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2015, 12:39:30 PM »
So many choices -  like any one of these or something new. Here's some of his notable glasses:

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2015, 12:54:25 PM »

huh/ whats that mean?

Nothing much, I think you're a really normal guy, and your username (I know where it's from) sounds like it clashes nicely with normality (as you're a "thrill 'ho' ").

Valley Girl

« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2015, 01:21:31 PM »

huh/ whats that mean?

I think SD just wanted to use the word 'normcore' in a thread and this was as good an opportunity as any. :)

Offline skelter

• Staring at the Sun
  • Drowning is no sin
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2015, 04:09:39 PM »
visitors can't see pics , please You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login or You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Larry just looks good....

Thanks for posting these pics in the cafeteria Jen! Eh, smiley cowboy Larry!

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #40 on: May 18, 2015, 04:12:29 PM »

huh/ whats that mean?

Nothing much, I think you're a really normal guy, and your username (I know where it's from) sounds like it clashes nicely with normality (as you're a "thrill 'ho' ").

oh ok. and yea i remember we had a love of Simpson in common

Offline satellitedog

• Child of Grace
« Reply #41 on: May 18, 2015, 04:18:15 PM »

huh/ whats that mean?

I think SD just wanted to use the word 'normcore' in a thread and this was as good an opportunity as any. :)

Well, not really VG.
Bono is veering dangerously towards normcore with that jacket and the grey (or olive, or some forsaken earth toned) denim trousers... Elbowpads have been reported in the Hewson household, they are making their way ever so slowly onto vinyl and leather jackets like fat caterpillars on green juicy leaves, and even his socks grew large diamond patterns. Buttoned up IT shirts are creeping up on the tourbus, and soft brown penny loafers hide in the shadows of a posh New York walk in closet... the horror the horror.

Offline Poswatz

• Stateless
  • Sadie got off on the 48th floor... so did I.
« Reply #42 on: May 18, 2015, 04:23:03 PM »

I've been wondering if he's incubating Voldemort under there or something... whatever it is, the world just can't handle the truth.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2015, 04:52:53 PM »

I've been wondering if he's incubating Voldemort under there or something... whatever it is, the world just can't handle the truth.

;D

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2015, 05:47:47 PM »
Bono looks awesome in purple & green too.

Seconding the motion for more purple!