Author Topic: U2's No Line on the Horizon: Mostly Meandering Mediocrity  (Read 3947 times)

Offline globaljosh

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: U2's No Line on the Horizon: Mostly Meandering Mediocrity
« Reply #30 on: February 27, 2009, 08:41:04 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I like what he said about McGuiness though. That guy's an annoyance. Fire him soon...please.
McGuinness is nothing but a money hungry man. Riding U2s coattails and saying idiotic things about piracy is what he will be known for.

One day I shall tell the story of how, many years ago, I pi**ed off Paul McGuinness and he called me a "miserable f***ing creep" and said U2 didn't want me as a fan.

No hard feelings though, and that's all water under the bridge now.

Offline sneaky neil

• Stateless
« Reply #31 on: February 27, 2009, 08:54:53 AM »
Actually the USA started going into a recession in 2006. 

Well, here is the monthly unemployment rate in the United States from the start of 2005 to the end of 2006:

As you can see, the unemployment rate fell at a pretty steady rate from the start of 2005 to the end of 2006. Unemployment does NOT drop when an economy goes into recession. GDP does not positively grow when an economy goes into recession. The economic definition of a recession is "two consecutive quarters of NEGATIVE GDP growth. The economy grew in each quarter of 2006 at the following rates:

Stop using facts, some people don't like that. They prefer bombastic assumptions to bolster agendas.

About Paul McGuinness, my brother knows some music industry people and they said that he is pretty universally loathed. They said that he is a d*ck to many people and Bono constantly apologizes for his mouth.

Offline kristbg

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Head first, then foot, then heart sets sail
« Reply #32 on: February 27, 2009, 10:58:47 AM »
Is that reviewer right in saying 'Hold Me' was a reject from the AB sessions. It's definatly good enough for AB and would have beefed up the end section.

I assumed it was a brand new song they recorded for the Batman film in 1995.

It's not a reject from AB. "Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me" was first recorded in the Zooropa sessions and later released on the Batman Forever soundtrack. As for it being a reject, I wouldn't call it that. It just didn't fit on Zooropa. Would you call "Original Of The Species" a reject from ATYCLB?

"Facts" like these just mine the reviewer's credibility. You can write a negative review without making up facts or shifting criticism to Bono's public persona. "Mostly Meandering Mediocrity" is a term that applies to this review as well.