Author Topic: October Worship Thread  (Read 202267 times)

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
Re: October Worship Thread
« Reply #5565 on: January 02, 2013, 06:44:11 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

On our travels over the holidays, whenever the kids weren't watching a video (in the car), we were listening to October.  :)
It seemed to really fit the cool, grey skies we were traveling under....
"trees are stripped bare of all they wear..."

Nice one  :)

Offline AJ

• Desert Rose
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #5566 on: January 02, 2013, 10:20:32 AM »
Got this CD for Christmas and I'm loving it. I don't know why it was everyones least favorite U2 album

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
  • Yes, I'm a raving feminist. What of it?
« Reply #5567 on: January 02, 2013, 11:47:29 AM »
I got a record player for Christmas!! And I had a vinyl copy of October. Which was the second record I played on the new player (the first record was Wide Awake in Europe -- sorry!).

Was cool to hear the tunes on vinyl!!

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • The truth never set me free so I did it myself
« Reply #5568 on: January 02, 2013, 01:55:33 PM »
I got a record player for Christmas!! And I had a vinyl copy of October. Which was the second record I played on the new player (the first record was Wide Awake in Europe -- sorry!).

YES. SAME HERE. but of course IIIIII put October on first. *don't have WAIE  :P *

Got this CD for Christmas and I'm loving it. I don't know why it was everyones least favorite U2 album
yes it's amazing.

I don't think enough people have really sat down and listened to it

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I am not invisible
« Reply #5569 on: January 02, 2013, 02:51:11 PM »

Welcome to the club. We're all wondering why October isn't ranked higher by the fans.:)

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
  • Touch me...take me to that other place..
« Reply #5570 on: January 02, 2013, 08:32:08 PM »

Welcome!! October is a wonderful album and more people should enjoy it :)

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
« Reply #5571 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:02 PM »

I love the sound of vinyl...the sound is deeper and richer if that makes any sense at all!!

But on that note...my album has never been played.  I framed it straightaway and it has a special place on a bookshelf dedicated to U2 books and other items (yep, I am a dork)

Offline AJ

• Desert Rose
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #5572 on: January 02, 2013, 08:36:16 PM »

What kind of record player? Also I am jealous of your Wide Awake in Europe vinyl

Offline AJ

• Desert Rose
  • Vinyl Guru
« Reply #5573 on: January 02, 2013, 08:37:37 PM »

I love the sound of vinyl...the sound is deeper and richer if that makes any sense at all!!

But on that note...my album has never been played.  I framed it straightaway and it has a special place on a bookshelf dedicated to U2 books and other items (yep, I am a dork)
When I frame my vinyl I just frame the cover and take out the record o I can play it.

Offline julesport

• Holy Joe
« Reply #5574 on: January 02, 2013, 08:40:56 PM »

When I frame my vinyl I just frame the cover and take out the record o I can play it.

I should do that but keep the album pristine..lol!  Maybe I should get two of everything :)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5575 on: January 03, 2013, 07:37:26 AM »

I should do that but keep the album pristine..lol!  Maybe I should get two of everything :)

It is tempting to get TWO of everything. I do that with some of my geeky sci-fi collectibles. ;) Cuz I usually want one to play with and one to keep in a collectible condition. ;)

You are right about vinyl. It does sound richer. That's why me and the fiance decided we needed a record player. I decided that when U2 puts out a new album, if they put it out on vinyl like they did last time, I'm going to get that. My record player let's you rip things to MP3 so that I can have the portable version still... I think I'm going to start thrift shopping for albums. ;) Pick me up some copies of my favorites so that I can hear them on my record player. YAY!

Offline TheU2Ken

• Up With the Sun
  • The truth never set me free so I did it myself
« Reply #5576 on: January 03, 2013, 07:53:28 AM »

It is tempting to get TWO of everything. I do that with some of my geeky sci-fi collectibles. ;) Cuz I usually want one to play with and one to keep in a collectible condition. ;)

You are right about vinyl. It does sound richer. That's why me and the fiance decided we needed a record player. I decided that when U2 puts out a new album, if they put it out on vinyl like they did last time, I'm going to get that. My record player let's you rip things to MP3 so that I can have the portable version still... I think I'm going to start thrift shopping for albums. ;) Pick me up some copies of my favorites so that I can hear them on my record player. YAY!
:o mine does that too. I can plug in my Ipod

Offline singnomore

• Global Moderator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #5577 on: January 03, 2013, 08:56:36 AM »
I think the album sounds v different on vinyl - better..

Offline Thunder Peel

• Elevated
  • I am not invisible
« Reply #5578 on: January 03, 2013, 10:15:20 AM »
I like to listen to music while I fall asleep and I woke up this morning to "With a Shout" playing on my iPod. That's a great way to start the day! :)

Offline MarsGirl

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #5579 on: January 03, 2013, 11:18:16 AM »
I <3 <3 <3 With A Shout. I love to blast it and dance around the room. That song has energy!