Author Topic: Should U2 re-evaluate their devotion to Aung San Suu Kyi?  (Read 5180 times)

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
Re: Should U2 re-evaluate their devotion to Aung San Suu Kyi?
« Reply #30 on: December 14, 2017, 12:25:39 PM »
Bono's fascination with that woman ruined the 360 show for me and that thing they did with the masks was just plain creepy.

Offline ShankAsu

• Desert Rose
  • Can't fight for s---, but sure can take a beating
« Reply #31 on: December 14, 2017, 05:39:50 PM »
dublin is meaninglessly taking back a meaningless award.

Offline david

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #32 on: December 16, 2017, 05:35:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
dublin is meaninglessly taking back a meaningless award.

It's not meaningless to the people of Dublin and is in fact a very prestigious honour.

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NJ, NYC 3,Belfast 1,2
« Reply #33 on: December 20, 2017, 08:01:43 AM »
Mary C,

I have visited Palestine, been to Gaza, the West Bank, East Jerusalam, Tel Aviv for years I know a lot about the conflict.  I have seen at first hand the treatement of Palestinians by the Israel.

God did not give the jews Israel...the United Kingdom did...sorry to go off topic here..but what right did the UK have to give the Jews someone else's country?

I am not a supporter of Hamas.

Anyways that's I have to say on this matter..

Peace & Love to all..

The Bonzo

Because some ppl on a music forum are going to solve Middle East tensions. 1000's of years of conflict.

Offline U2Fan

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Everything in the f****** hotel is brown.
« Reply #34 on: May 20, 2018, 06:03:48 PM »
Time to burn my assk mask. Other U2 friends such as Weinstein, Mario Batalli, Ken from Spotted Pig could also be called out.

Wow...just saw the 60 minutes piece on The Spotted Pig/Mario Batalli.  I recall that being a favorite place for Bono to eat in NYC. I think he was interviewed by Charlie Rose in that restaurant several years ago.  Is it possible that Bono didn't know what creeps like Rose & Batalli were doing? 

Offline dwaltman

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2018, 07:39:19 AM »
Time to burn my assk mask. Other U2 friends such as Weinstein, Mario Batalli, Ken from Spotted Pig could also be called out.

Wow...just saw the 60 minutes piece on The Spotted Pig/Mario Batalli.  I recall that being a favorite place for Bono to eat in NYC. I think he was interviewed by Charlie Rose in that restaurant several years ago.  Is it possible that Bono didn't know what creeps like Rose & Batalli were doing?

If I remember correctly, not just a favorite place but Bono has an ownership stake in that restaurant.

Saint22

« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2018, 02:48:37 PM »
Mary C,

I have visited Palestine, been to Gaza, the West Bank, East Jerusalam, Tel Aviv for years I know a lot about the conflict.  I have seen at first hand the treatement of Palestinians by the Israel.

God did not give the jews Israel...the United Kingdom did...sorry to go off topic here..but what right did the UK have to give the Jews someone else's country?

I am not a supporter of Hamas.

Anyways that's I have to say on this matter..

Peace & Love to all..

The Bonzo

This is an old comment, but I'll ask it to anyone else who holds this opinion:

Can someone explain to me why it is Israel's obligation to return conquered land? Let's take this back:

The region was called JUDEA, i.e., the land of the Jews.
The region was conquered back and forth in antiquity until finally being taken by the Roman Empire.
The Romans re-named the place Palestine as an insult to the Jews.
The Romans eventually burned and sacked Jerusalem.
Arabs took the land after Rome and held it for centuries.
The Middle East backed Nazi Germany in World War II. Google why Iran is no longer called Persia.
When the Axis powers were defeated, they lost their land. There's nothing unusual about this at all. Land loss is a consequence of losing a war or backing the wrong side.
Israel is established in 1948.
Israel repels several attempts at invasion, returning taken land each time.
Israel's neighbors constantly harass and threaten them with destruction. Hamas grows in the disputed territory. Arafat is offered everything he ever asked for and more, and at the last minute demands Jerusalem. something he knew he could never have. Rather than take in refugees or offer humanitarian support, Iran arms Hamas so it can continue to harass and kill Jews.

I am having a hard time understanding why Israel is the bad guy in this plot. Palestine ceased to exist because of the racist actions of its Arab neighbors. So you tell me who is responsible for the suffering of these displaced refugees.

So how is this land any less Israel's than anyone else? Wars have consequences. The Axis Powers lost. They lost land. The End.

Offline AceLordGrizzly

• Babyface
« Reply #37 on: May 29, 2018, 03:07:38 PM »
What about the Amish?!  Bishop Yoder is supporting the shunning of the entire Swartzentruber family simply because Ruby left Jacob after years of emotional abuse.  Haven't heard a peep about it from the band.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2018, 07:32:19 PM by AceLordGrizzly »

Offline AceLordGrizzly

• Babyface
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2018, 03:45:51 PM »
nobody? 

#stopshunning
#endthesilence
#swatrzentruberstrong

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2018, 08:32:09 PM »
Can you provide some background?  What are you referencing?