Author Topic: Set List Sucks - NO IT DOESN'T - I DO!  (Read 17772 times)

Offline avard

• Wanderer
Re: Set List Sucks - NO IT DOESN'T - I DO!
« Reply #45 on: May 20, 2015, 05:31:32 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Stepping into the fray here - Aside from the 'warhorse' debate - I think the point is you can't compare the two. U2 will never play 200+ songs during a tour.

Nor should they, because again, Bruce's catalog is deeper. Does anyone really want Streets dropped for Bass Trap? No. But as a long-time BruceFan, I would rather hear Tunnel Of Love than Born To Run at this point.
I for one wouldn't mind hearing them drop STREETS. AND BASS TRAP would be quite fun to hear.

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #46 on: May 20, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »
Look, U2 could play this set:

Zooropa
This is Where You Can Reach Me Now
Do You Feel Loved
The Crystal Ballroom
Electrical Storm
Fire
Dirty Day
So Cruel
A Man and a Woman
Babyface
Your Blue Room
Window in the Skies
Sleep Like a Baby Tonight
Boy Falls From the Sky
Please
Last Night On Earth
Acrobat
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Lucifer's Hands
Volcano
One Step Closer
No Line On the Horizon
Magnificent

And the 17 or so super fans like us in the arena would go nuts. But the other 15000-20000 would be bored, confused and very disappointed.

Offline d.darroch

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #47 on: May 20, 2015, 05:42:22 PM »
One other change I'd like is this version of EBW one night, full band EBW the other night. Same song, a bit of variety.

Offline miami

• Desert Rose
  • here comes the car chase!
« Reply #48 on: May 20, 2015, 05:43:15 PM »

Zooropa
Do You Feel Loved
The Crystal Ballroom
Electrical Storm
Fire
Dirty Day
So Cruel
A Man and a Woman
Babyface
Your Blue Room
Window in the Skies
Boy Falls From the Sky
Please
Last Night On Earth
Acrobat
Lucifer's Hands
Volcano
One Step Closer
No Line On the Horizon
Magnificent

And the 17 or so super fans like us in the arena would go nuts. But the other 15000-20000 would be bored, confused and very disappointed.

No one is asking for a whole set like that, though I wouldn't complain! Just a few rarities to throw a Bone to longtime fans rather than the casual brigade the band are so frightened of annoying.

Offline Rayford27

• Headache in a Suitcase
  • Your wheels are turning, but you're upside down
« Reply #49 on: May 20, 2015, 06:15:15 PM »
Dear U2,

I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know.  Play the best show you can.  Don't listen to the haters. I know you prepare each set list for the benefit of the 20,000 + at each show and not the couple of dozen that are following each show online and just want to "pop" at some rarity getting played. 

You've been doing this for a long time and you are very successful at it.  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys perform in Chicago, and I know I will enjoy every minute of it, regardless of how many obscure songs are in the set list.

Thank you,

Offline fardreamer

• Child of Grace
  • The best things are easy to destroy
« Reply #50 on: May 20, 2015, 06:18:54 PM »
Dear U2,

I'm not going to tell you anything you don't already know.  Play the best show you can.  Don't listen to the haters. I know you prepare each set list for the benefit of the 20,000 + at each show and not the couple of dozen that are following each show online and just want to "pop" at some rarity getting played. 

You've been doing this for a long time and you are very successful at it.  I'm looking forward to seeing you guys perform in Chicago, and I know I will enjoy every minute of it, regardless of how many obscure songs are in the set list.

Thank you,
This.

Offline So Cruel

• Elevated
  • it ain't no sin to be glad that you're alive
« Reply #51 on: May 20, 2015, 06:27:42 PM »
When will people on here understand that no one outside of the US cares about Bruce Springsteen?

I guess I was just dreaming when I watch the Youtube clips of Bruce playing to sold out stadiums all over Europe.

This clip from Sweden was a particularly sweet dream You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #52 on: May 20, 2015, 06:28:14 PM »
Dear U2,

Thank you,

Well said! I'll be there enjoying the Chicago show with you.

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #53 on: May 20, 2015, 06:31:44 PM »
Dear U2,

Thank you,
This.

+1! Great post!  :D

meximofo

« Reply #54 on: May 20, 2015, 07:03:35 PM »
Dear U2,

Thank you,
Best post I've read in many days.

Offline Stateless

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #55 on: May 20, 2015, 07:04:54 PM »
I was in San Jose last night 5/19 and it was a fantastic show.  I have been going to U2 shows since 1984 and while for me as a long term fan there are some deep cuts I would love to hear, to say that the current set list "sucks" it not giving U2 or what they chose to play credit.  When you are at the show it is amazing.  For me, the last few tours Pride seemed to be wearing thin and I personally did not want to hear it again because of my last tours where it came across a little flat, but last night it was amazing and the crowd really ate it up.  It was an impressive set list and I loved the show. 

Offline p8ru2

• Precious Stone
« Reply #56 on: May 20, 2015, 07:10:15 PM »
great to hear Stateless & well said.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #57 on: May 20, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »
When will people on here understand that no one outside of the US cares about Bruce Springsteen?

Maybe if that ever starts being true. Springsteen has a massive international following.

I think you could make the argument that Bruce is now more popular in Europe than ever, and is actually more beloved there than in the States.

I've been a fan for years, but I am kind of bored with him at the moment. Last few records have been dreadful. That huge band he has been out with is like a Vegas act. Far more interested in U2, Noel Gallagher, etc.

Offline Saint1322

• Staring at the Sun
« Reply #58 on: May 20, 2015, 07:31:01 PM »

Zooropa
Do You Feel Loved
The Crystal Ballroom
Electrical Storm
Fire
Dirty Day
So Cruel
A Man and a Woman
Babyface
Your Blue Room
Window in the Skies
Boy Falls From the Sky
Please
Last Night On Earth
Acrobat
Lucifer's Hands
Volcano
One Step Closer
No Line On the Horizon
Magnificent

That is 100 percent right. We would love it. Others would be throwing rotten fruit and demanding refunds.

Offline Petejbridge

• Stateless
  • Clockworks and cold steel...
« Reply #59 on: May 20, 2015, 07:37:03 PM »

Zooropa
Do You Feel Loved
The Crystal Ballroom
Electrical Storm
Fire
Dirty Day
So Cruel
A Man and a Woman
Babyface
Your Blue Room
Window in the Skies
Boy Falls From the Sky
Please
Last Night On Earth
Acrobat
Lucifer's Hands
Volcano
One Step Closer
No Line On the Horizon
Magnificent

That's one hell of a setlist right there.. They should advertise that setlist and do a theater tour.  I bet all the casuals would b**** cause they couldn't get in.