Author Topic: The Killers Worship Thread  (Read 98650 times)

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
The Killers Worship Thread
« on: February 27, 2009, 02:40:47 AM »
Here it is at last!

Thanks to anthony02 for the idea!

The Killers are soooo cool  8)

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Hi
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2009, 02:57:55 AM »
Bout time this was done! Ive been in here for 3 months and was wondering where the love was. I love how these guys brought back that 80s sound. Seems like alot of new bands tried that formula, but the Killers nailed it. Flowers is a nut (in a good way). I still love his akward moves in the Mr. Brightside video. They also sound good live. My fav songs? On Top and Under the Gun! The new album is still growing on me. And lets not do the U2/Killers comp. in here. The Coldplay thread was bad enough. Just a good band getting better.

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
Re: The Killers Worship Thread
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2009, 03:02:45 AM »
I remember when the Killers first burst on to the music scene in England a few years ago. They were dubbed 'The greatest British band ever to not come from Britain!' Those songs - Mr Brightside, Somebody Told Me & All These Things That I've Done blew me away. I instantly knew this was a special band. When I got the album it was one of the those days where music stood still for me. The only thing that was moving was the Killers. The album Hot Fuss was just as good as the singles lead me to believe. Jenny Was A Friend Of Mine, Smile Like You Mean It, On Top - Absolute TOP CLASS!!! The Killers for me are a band that kind of take all the good elements of music that I love and produce something very special with it. Sam's Town was equally as good. This River Is Wild is sheer genius! And Sawdust is one of the greatest 'rarities' albums in history. Under The Gun is a song that I listen to most days. I'm still working on the new LP. But I have no doubt pretty soon I will appreciate it as much as the other albums!
« Last Edit: April 27, 2010, 01:44:32 PM by Spaceman »

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
Re: Hi
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2009, 03:04:28 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bout time this was done! Ive been in here for 3 months and was wondering where the love was. I love how these guys brought back that 80s sound. Seems like alot of new bands tried that formula, but the Killers nailed it. Flowers is a nut (in a good way). I still love his akward moves in the Mr. Brightside video. They also sound good live. My fav songs? On Top and Under the Gun! The new album is still growing on me. And lets not do the U2/Killers comp. in here. The Coldplay thread was bad enough. Just a good band getting better.

anthony02 just seen your post - they are my favourite two songs as well!!!!!

we are so cool  8)

:D

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Hi
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2009, 03:17:08 AM »
Yes we are. :)  Its been awhile since a band got to me like U2, and the Killers are close. Hot Fuss blew me away as well. I could go on and on with the songs. Believe Me Natalie, Read My Mind, and the remix of Mr. Brightside on Sawdust! And that guitar and keyboard in On Top. I love the guitar solo toward the end. 

Revolver7

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2009, 10:09:03 AM »
I've been a fan of The Killers since the beginning! I absolutely love them!  8)
I remember the first time I heard them on the radio...it was amazing!

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2009, 10:23:33 AM »
My favorite Killers song of all time is "All These Things That I've Done."  Off the new album, so far I think "Joy Ride" is my favorite but I still have to get into the whole album.  I wanted to get tickets to see them when they came to Boston recently but I didn't have the money at the time  :(  But I did see them live for the Sam's Town tour and they totally rocked!

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
  • I'm not coming down
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2009, 10:30:35 AM »
I've really been getting into them lately and I think they're a pretty solid band. Day & Age, in my opinion, was one of the best albums of 2008.

Revolver7

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2009, 10:38:13 AM »
All These Things That I've Done is my favorite Killers song as well...that song has such a great power and spirituality

I got to see The Killers live in January, on their Day & Age Tour...it was such a great concert! It was the best I've ever seen. They really rocked, and got the crowd going...Brandon has a lot of Charisma!

Day & Age is my favorite Killers album...and it was my favorite album of 2008

Offline Boom Cha!

• Acrobat
  • This is a low flying panic attack
« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2009, 01:29:27 PM »
ZOMG!

A thread for The Killers! Why didn't I think of that?  ???

Anywho, All These Things That I've Done is my favorite song....love it, love it, love it.  ;D

Day & Age is my favorite album of theirs. Here's to hoping they keep getting better and better.  8)

Revolver7

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2009, 03:25:25 PM »
The Killers are excellent now, but I don't think they've reached their peak yet!  Their future is exciting  8)

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2009, 03:36:57 PM »
Saw them last saturday in Belfast - fanatastic!

Offline mdewater

• Wanderer
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2009, 03:38:42 PM »
I've never been into the Killers. I want to be though! I just haven't ever bothered to check out anything besides what is on the radio... What do you all suggest I take a listen to first??

Offline singnomore

• Administrator
  • Airborne Ranger
  • These city lights, they shine as silver and gold
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2009, 03:40:02 PM »
Hot Fuss!

Offline ProofThatThisIsReal

• Party Girl/Boy
  • That's no moon...
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2009, 03:47:24 PM »
Only on an @U2 forum would we find a worship thread dedicated to another band.   ;D ;D ;D