Author Topic: The Killers Worship Thread  (Read 102023 times)

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
Re: The Killers Worship Thread
« Reply #1380 on: July 28, 2017, 06:46:20 AM »
Run For Cover >> The Man

straight up killers anthem and I'm in love

Offline Argo

• Party Girl/Boy
  • I Am Here
« Reply #1381 on: August 03, 2017, 04:26:42 AM »
2 pretty solid songs so far. All bodes well for the album.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #1382 on: August 05, 2017, 08:03:20 AM »

Offline TheU2Ken

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • To tell the truth, this could be the last time
« Reply #1383 on: August 10, 2017, 08:07:45 AM »
Got my ticket!

Offline Starman

• Drowning Man/Woman
« Reply #1384 on: August 21, 2017, 02:55:38 PM »
I have to say, Run For Cover is pretty damn good. I'm optimistically looking forward to this album.

Offline U2_fan8 [aka U28]

• Acrobat
  • If there is a light, don't let it go out
« Reply #1385 on: August 21, 2017, 02:57:40 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Got my ticket!

Got mine too! When is your date, Ken? I get to see them on the last day of the tour. 8)

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #1386 on: August 26, 2017, 10:11:22 AM »
And now it looks like Dave Keuning will not be touring with the band any more either (capture of what's believed to be the upcoming Q magazine interview)...

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #1387 on: August 26, 2017, 10:13:06 AM »
And now it looks like Dave Keuning will not be touring with the band any more either (capture of what's believed to be the upcoming Q magazine interview)...

this is def the final hoorah for the Killers one way or the other. the album flops they are unquestionably over. Flowers will continue to release solo albums and frankly based on the quality of TDE, that'll be better than more Killers.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #1388 on: August 27, 2017, 01:33:17 PM »
I'm definitely curious to see where this goes and what the band might say sometime this week. Dave definitely didn't sound committed in another part of the interview that leaked out yesterday...

I mean, if they're happy ultimately and get along well, that's really all that matters in the end. But yeah, a lot of fans are not happy that this was all announced after they announced tours and tickets and such. It's a shame too since they were playing a lot of arenas here in the U.S. this winter. Seems like things were on the upswing with that plus the new album, so maybe it was time for the members to get some long-due appreciation, right? Sad either way.

• Acrobat
« Reply #1389 on: August 27, 2017, 03:11:19 PM »
I'm definitely curious to see where this goes and what the band might say sometime this week. Dave definitely didn't sound committed in another part of the interview that leaked out yesterday...

I mean, if they're happy ultimately and get along well, that's really all that matters in the end. But yeah, a lot of fans are not happy that this was all announced after they announced tours and tickets and such. It's a shame too since they were playing a lot of arenas here in the U.S. this winter. Seems like things were on the upswing with that plus the new album, so maybe it was time for the members to get some long-due appreciation, right? Sad either way.

Looks like that instagram link isn't working, trev. Do you know what was said?

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #1390 on: August 27, 2017, 04:12:58 PM »
it's a shame a band that's not even 15 years old yet <well based on HF's release date> probably won't even make a 6th album. i mean 2 of them aren't touring.

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #1391 on: August 27, 2017, 05:19:36 PM »

Huh... looks like it got taken down!

In a nutshell, it just expanded upon Dave saying he wasn't going to do the upcoming tour, along with some of other things. Apparently, the Q interviewer got it out of him after an uncomfortable moment came when he tried to ask him about Mark leaving. Dave expanded a bit about how he wanted to spend more time with his son and didn't know what the future held (which included recording with The Killers in the future, although the hope was that he would). He then e-mailed Q to elaborate and said that he and Brandon were still as close "as brothers", but admitted that they held different general viewpoints and agendas on things. That's what I remember.

• Acrobat
« Reply #1392 on: August 27, 2017, 05:43:55 PM »

Huh... looks like it got taken down!

In a nutshell, it just expanded upon Dave saying he wasn't going to do the upcoming tour, along with some of other things. Apparently, the Q interviewer got it out of him after an uncomfortable moment came when he tried to ask him about Mark leaving. Dave expanded a bit about how he wanted to spend more time with his son and didn't know what the future held (which included recording with The Killers in the future, although the hope was that he would). He then e-mailed Q to elaborate and said that he and Brandon were still as close "as brothers", but admitted that they held different general viewpoints and agendas on things. That's what I remember.

Yikes! I didn't know that Mark also wasn't touring - how long has that been the case, and do we know why?
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 05:52:07 PM by U2_fan8 [aka U28] »

Offline trevgreg

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #1393 on: August 27, 2017, 06:07:23 PM »
I probably shouldn't have worded it as Mark "leaving", as he was the first one that announced he wouldn't be touring with the band consistently, but would still record with them. That was announced around May of 2016, I believe? At the time, they said that it was mostly so he could focus on back to school and solo work, although he would still be recording with The Killers and would contribute to the next album. He also played both the Sam's Town celebration shows late last summer too (which I'm more than thankful now that I got to attend).

In recent interview though, I think Brandon expanded on it a bit and mentioned that Mark appeared to be very unhappy touring and that they sat down and talked about it, then worked something out where he wouldn't have to tour with them anymore. The original band statement said that he would still come out on occasion, but after all this going on, who knows where that's at now or if that was even the intention?

• Acrobat
« Reply #1394 on: August 27, 2017, 06:58:49 PM »
I probably shouldn't have worded it as Mark "leaving", as he was the first one that announced he wouldn't be touring with the band consistently, but would still record with them. That was announced around May of 2016, I believe? At the time, they said that it was mostly so he could focus on back to school and solo work, although he would still be recording with The Killers and would contribute to the next album. He also played both the Sam's Town celebration shows late last summer too (which I'm more than thankful now that I got to attend).

In recent interview though, I think Brandon expanded on it a bit and mentioned that Mark appeared to be very unhappy touring and that they sat down and talked about it, then worked something out where he wouldn't have to tour with them anymore. The original band statement said that he would still come out on occasion, but after all this going on, who knows where that's at now or if that was even the intention?

Huh, guess I missed that bit of news! Interesting. It sounds like they're all just really losing interest. I have to agree that touring as "The Killers" with only half the actual band is a bit ridiculous. It's like Jack Russel's Great White vs. Great White.