Author Topic: The Killers Worship Thread  (Read 101764 times)

Revolver7

Re: The Killers Worship Thread
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2009, 04:58:12 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I've never been into the Killers. I want to be though! I just haven't ever bothered to check out anything besides what is on the radio... What do you all suggest I take a listen to first??

Yeah, Definitely check out Hot Fuss first...if you like Hot Fuss, then check out Day & Age! After that, check out Sam's Town 

Offline Anthony02

• Running to Stand Still
  • And I know that the tide is turning 'round....
Hi
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2009, 05:51:52 PM »
Yea U MUST start with Hot Fuss first! Thats a rule.  :)

Offline mdewater

• Stateless
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2009, 09:17:26 PM »
Alright sounds good I'll definitely check it out! Thanks guys  :)

Revolver7

« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2009, 10:33:32 PM »
No problem!  8)

Hey, has anyone seen the "Don't Shoot Me Santa" music video? I love to listen to that song at Christmas time... :D

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2009, 02:53:53 AM »
Yeah I seen it. Crazy video, crazy song! It's enough to put you off Christmas for life!

Hey, that guy who sings in the song, Ryan Pardey, who is he?

According to wiki, that really dodgy secret track on Sawdust called 'Questions With The Captain' was written about him.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #20 on: February 28, 2009, 11:16:10 AM »
killers are a bunch of Wa***rs.  :)

Revolver7

« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2009, 11:41:47 AM »
Yeah I seen it. Crazy video, crazy song! It's enough to put you off Christmas for life!

According to wiki, that really dodgy secret track on Sawdust called 'Questions With The Captain' was written about him.

I read that too...

I've Sawdust since it came out, but I've never listened to the secret track on it...I need to go do that right now  ;D

Offline mdewater

• Stateless
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2009, 11:22:37 PM »

I feel like that's pretty dangerous to say in a Killers WORSHIP thread hahah!

Offline Spaceman

• Child of Grace
  • Spaceman Jr.
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2009, 05:34:18 AM »

I read that too...

I've Sawdust since it came out, but I've never listened to the secret track on it...I need to go do that right now  ;D

Did you listen to it Revolver7?

Rubish init?  :D

Who's Ryan Pardey?  ???
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:36:48 AM by Spaceman »

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2009, 07:57:20 AM »

lol. the only way a killers fan could be dangerous to me is to sing "human or dancer".  :)

Offline mdewater

• Stateless
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2009, 11:31:31 AM »

lol. the only way a killers fan could be dangerous to me is to sing "human or dancer".  :)

hahah oh man! the punches to Killers fans are coming in right and left!!  :o

Revolver7

« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2009, 02:07:53 PM »
I love Human.. 8)..it's a fantastic song with a lot of meaning to it. It's a statement...it has soul searching in the lyrics...it makes you think about things...it's just presented in an abstract way

But I'm all for presenting things in abstract ways...the mainstream is too boring these days!

And hey, you all need to remember the U2 lyric..."a woman needs a man like a fish needs a bicycle"...that sounds pretty crazy, and it was inspired by an author as well right? The line "are we human or are we dancer" was also inspired by an author, Hunter S. Thompson

I'm not making any U2/Killer comparisons...I'm just saying, think about your attacks more thoroughly..and I figure, if you could get turned off to The Killers by one lyric, you're probably not even a real fan anyway...you're probably just here to be a "wa**er" and bug other people who actually do love The Killers  :)

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2009, 02:56:23 PM »
dah ha ha...the killers are part of the mainstream. not anything wrong with that...it's just that they are. but they are trying. it's just too obvious for me. the ripping off of bowie,queen, U2..it's too much, too frequent, and too obvious.

Revolver7

« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2009, 05:13:30 PM »
it's all about influences, man.....Bowie, Queen, and U2 are all influences of The Killers...but The Killers are their own band. U2 was influenced by The Who and Zeppelin...but they aren't The Who or Zeppelin. The Beatles were influenced by Buddy Holly, Elvis, and Little Richard...but they certainly weren't Buddy Holly, Elvis, or Little Richard...you see what I'm saying? 

All of that is your opinion..it's not objective or open minded..and it's in the wrong thread. If you want to talk bad about The Killers, go here:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
« Last Edit: March 01, 2009, 05:15:13 PM by Revolver7 »

joegtheog

« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2009, 05:18:47 PM »
it's all about influences, man.....Bowie, Queen, and U2 are all influences of The Killers...but The Killers are their own band. U2 was influenced by The Who and Zeppelin...but they aren't The Who or Zeppelin. The Beatles were influenced by Buddy Holly, Elvis, and Little Richard...but they certainly weren't Buddy Holly, Elvis, or Little Richard...you see what I'm sayin?

Since this is a worship thread, I'll keep it cool and say that yes, the Killers are their own band.  After a bold and daring first album they have fallen into common repetitive traps.  The Who, Zeppelin, the Beatles, Elvis, Little Richard, U2, Buddy Holly, Bob Marley, Van Morrison, Marvin Gaye, all have more than one dimension of the following: spiritual, political, sexual, musical, soulful, joyful. The Killers hit on a lot of those in their first album,  but barely flirt with spriitual on their third.