Author Topic: The Killers Worship Thread  (Read 101392 times)

Boom Cha!

Re: The Killers Worship Thread
« Reply #60 on: March 24, 2009, 09:55:27 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
overrated I think. they are really cheesy. 1st album was fantastic! but i'm not into the homoerotic leanings on day and age. there's so much better stuff out there..why waste time on these guys? they're really just a little above average.

You've already stated your dislike for them earlier in this thread. We get it. You don't like them.

This is a thread for people that do like them.

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2009, 10:21:01 AM »
and so is WWWY - I love playing it on Guitar Hero.

I've got to say though re Hot Fuss - I only like the first 5 tracks. They are all really strong and contains all the singles. After ATTTID the quality drops off - anyone else agree?

Sam's Town and Day And Age are much more consistent albums.

Really? You don't like Andy, You're A Star, Believe Me Natalie, Midnight Show, Change Your Mind, On Top? I love the whole album.

However, Day & Age is my favorite.

No, they don't really do anything for me I'm afraid. They just feel like fillers.

We cover Mr Brightside in my band.

I like their cover version of Joy Division's Shadowplay.
Any band that recognises their muscical heritage deserves my respect.

Revolver7

« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2009, 10:24:25 AM »
Day & Age is my favorite Killers album so far...it's very consistent! Every song is a great song!

But I also love Hot Fuss and Sam's Town...Sawdust has some great songs too!  8)

What does everyone think of "Goodnight, Travel Well"? The first time I heard it, and I thought "Oh My God...this song makes me feel like I'm dying" (I'm not saying that in a negative way..it was really powerful)

Then, I looked up what the song was about, and it said it was inspired by Dave Keuning's Mom, who had passed away shortly before the album was recorded

That's damn good song writing in my opinion...if the person can feel the essence of the song without knowing what it was about

Boom Cha!

« Reply #63 on: March 24, 2009, 10:26:35 AM »
Day & Age is my favorite Killers album so far...it's very consistent! Every song is a great song!

But I also love Hot Fuss and Sam's Town...Sawdust has some great songs too!  8)

What does everyone think of "Goodnight, Travel Well"? The first time I heard it, and I thought "Oh My God...this song makes me feel like I'm dying"
Then, I looked up what the song was about, and it said it was inspired by Dave Keuning's Mom, who had passed away shortly before the album was recorded

That's damn good song writing in my opinion...if the person can feel the essence of the song without knowing what it was about

That song should be proof enough for The Killers' haters who think they only write radio friendly pop songs.

It's truly a great song, very haunting.

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #64 on: March 24, 2009, 10:28:09 AM »
overrated I think. they are really cheesy. 1st album was fantastic! but i'm not into the homoerotic leanings on day and age. there's so much better stuff out there..why waste time on these guys? they're really just a little above average.

You've already stated your dislike for them earlier in this thread. We get it. You don't like them.

i have a right to my opinion just like everyone else. and i can say it wherever and whenever i like. there are other people on this thread that don't really care for them either so you can harass them too. And, I did say I like their 1st album!

Boom Cha!

« Reply #65 on: March 24, 2009, 10:29:36 AM »

i have a right to my opinion just like everyone else. and i can say it wherever and whenever i like. there are other people on this thread that don't really care for them either so you can harass them too. And, I did say I like their 1st album!

I never said you couldn't. It's just annoying, since you've stated this before.

Revolver7

« Reply #66 on: March 24, 2009, 10:31:55 AM »
Hey Boom Cha, have you heard "Tidal Wave" and "Forget About What I Said"? They're the iTunes bonus tracks for Day & Age

I bought the CD single of Human off of Amazon, so I could get "A Crippling Blow"...that's a great song! I love it!  8)

Boom Cha!

« Reply #67 on: March 24, 2009, 10:33:23 AM »
Hey Boom Cha, have you heard "Tidal Wave" and "Forget About What I Said"? They're the iTunes bonus tracks for Day & Age

I bought the CD single of Human off of Amazon, so I could get "A Crippling Blow"...that's a great song! I love it!  8)

Yeah, I've heard them. They're ok, good b-sides. But, A Crippling Blow really should've been on the album.

Revolver7

« Reply #68 on: March 24, 2009, 11:06:41 AM »
Yeah, I think a Crippling Blow should've been on the album...I don't think it should've been the last song though! I think it would fit in well after Neon Tiger..or before it

shockdocta22

« Reply #69 on: March 24, 2009, 11:21:55 AM »
so what are your fav songs from each album mine are

Mr brightside
somebody told me
ATTTID
believe me natalie
smile like you mean it

When you were young
ready my mind

Spaceman
Human

I havent listened to sawdust yet, sorry

Offline Mr. BonorFLYd

• Child of Grace
  • Music you can eat!
« Reply #70 on: March 24, 2009, 11:41:13 AM »

I never said you couldn't. It's just annoying, since you've stated this before.

"Don't mean to bug ya...Edge play the blues!" ...actually I do.  :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2009, 12:11:29 PM by Mr. Bonorfied »

Boom Cha!

« Reply #71 on: March 24, 2009, 11:48:43 AM »
Good idea Shock. I'll list my top 3 from each album.

Hot Fuss:
1. All These Things That I've Done
2. Midnight Show
3. Smile Like You Mean It

Sam's Town:
1. Read My Mind
2. When You Were Young
3. Uncle Jonny

Sawdust:
1. Sweet Talk
2. Where The White Boys Dance
3. Leave The Bourbon On The Shelf

Day & Age:
1. Losing Touch
2. Joy Ride
3. I Can't Stay

Revolver7

« Reply #72 on: March 24, 2009, 11:55:33 AM »
I like all their songs...but

My Favorites:

Hot Fuss:
All These Things That I've Done
Jenny Was a Friend of Mine
Smile Like You Mean It
On Top

Sam's Town:
When You Were Young
Read My Mind
Bling (Confessions of a King)
Why Do I Keep Counting?

Sawdust:
Tranquilize
Shadowplay
Ballad of Michael Valentine
Leave the Bourbon on the Shelf

Day & Age:
Human
Spaceman
This is Your Life
Joy Ride

Offline suitoflights

• Desert Rose
  • You gotta hold on baby to my special feature
« Reply #73 on: March 24, 2009, 01:45:03 PM »

Yeah, I've heard them. They're ok, good b-sides. But, A Crippling Blow really should've been on the album.

Crippling Blow is a bonus track on the UK album  :)

shockdocta22

« Reply #74 on: March 24, 2009, 02:07:58 PM »

Crippling Blow is a bonus track on the UK album  :)

im not a diehard fan yet im approaching that, so i dont know which album crippling blow is a bside for?