Author Topic: Meeting Band after sound check msg 7/18 33rd street  (Read 3642 times)

Offline FloridaU2fanheadedtoNYC

• Stranger in a Strange Land
Meeting Band after sound check msg 7/18 33rd street
« on: July 18, 2015, 11:45:30 AM »
Would you mind posting if U2 comes out to meet fans at the 33rd street MSG entrance? My arrival to NYC was delayed and I wanted to try to see them. Just wondering if they did greet fans today. Thanks!!!!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
  • If I could, I would.....
Re: Meeting Band after sound check msg 7/18 33rd street
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2015, 04:46:01 PM »
We waited in the sweltering sun from 1pm - 4pm this afternoon only to be told they were in and weren't coming out. They worked the full line yesterday though. Some days are better than others.....

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 05:08:08 PM »
Was this yesterday afternoon or after the show?

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2015, 09:30:27 AM »
1pm to 4pm in the afternoon. The show starts at 8pm. Might try tomorrow.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2015, 02:04:30 PM »
Another wasted afternoon it seems. Only action so far is an ambulance just went in.

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 02:29:02 PM »
I wonder why the reticence. Have they come out after the shows at all? Have to check around to see if so. I mean, it's not as if they're expecting crowds of screaming girls in belly-dancer outfits to be impeding their way this time around ;D.

I suppose those of us going to the "middle shows" might have more luck before or after then ;)! Keep us informed!

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2015, 04:40:59 PM »
Only on Saturday. Larry, Edge and Bono worked the line and spent quite a bit of time with everyone. But the same guy that told us on Sunday avo that nothing was happening, came out today about 4.30pm to say the same. I guess Saturday was different as it was their first night. Seems a shame though as a lot of people spent a lot of time each day in quite uncomfortable heat (for us Irish anyway). It also seems to take a long time for word to get round that they are already in the venue. One more attemp tomorrow then I'm shredding my ticket. If they don't want to see me, why should I go and see them? Sound fair? Still no word on a venue for pre/post show drinks tomorrow.

Offline linds61119

• Stateless
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 11:37:32 AM »
The band is apparently not meeting and greeting at MSG anymore. I heard something about a fan jumping the barricade on that first Saturday and because of that, venue security does not want the band to meet before the shows anymore. I would assume this is only a venue specific incident and because of that one person all the NY audiences are being robbed of a great experience. We know that the band is more than generous when it comes to meeting with their fans and I'm sure they would come out before every show. They are just being told not to by the venue. 

Offline markreed

• Numb
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2015, 03:24:20 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Only on Saturday. Larry, Edge and Bono worked the line and spent quite a bit of time with everyone. But the same guy that told us on Sunday avo that nothing was happening, came out today about 4.30pm to say the same. I guess Saturday was different as it was their first night. Seems a shame though as a lot of people spent a lot of time each day in quite uncomfortable heat (for us Irish anyway). It also seems to take a long time for word to get round that they are already in the venue. One more attemp tomorrow then I'm shredding my ticket. If they don't want to see me, why should I go and see them? Sound fair? Still no word on a venue for pre/post show drinks tomorrow.

Entitled much? Nobody has the right to meet the band. They are more polite than many.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2015, 03:39:52 PM »
I was joking! As if I'd shred the ticket (before the show anyway). What a performance. Post show meet was random but good fun in McGettigan's on 36th and 6th with extended Happy Hour for ticket holders on concert nights. They had a good 2 hours of solid U2 playing too which eased the return to earth.

Offline Dono

• Refugee
« Reply #10 on: July 27, 2015, 02:48:25 PM »
So much for the venue stopping the band meeting fans! Always the day I am not there.

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #11 on: July 27, 2015, 03:51:41 PM »
So much for the venue stopping the band meeting fans! Always the day I am not there.

Tell me about it. I was out there yesterday for quite a long time and no one came out. Hopefully they'll be out Thursday and/or Friday.

Offline Mary C

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #12 on: July 28, 2015, 07:28:28 AM »
Dan--Bono came out on Monday afternoon! So gracious of him in that *** blistering heat. As he said to us;;"You're all just insane!" Yep we are ;) ;D ;DI got to meet him!Can't write about it until tomorrow though--had to go straight to work early today after getting home very late last night--but have Weds off work and can write then.  Hope your trip back was OK! Still hyped--worth it to stay after all!! Wish you could have been there too and not have to work-but got to go now! Tomorrow!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2015, 08:25:38 AM by Mary C »

Offline DanielCT

• Stateless
« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 01:29:00 PM »
Dan--Bono came out on Monday afternoon! So gracious of him in that *** blistering heat. As he said to us;;"You're all just insane!" Yep we are ;) ;D ;DI got to meet him!Can't write about it until tomorrow though--had to go straight to work early today after getting home very late last night--but have Weds off work and can write then.  Hope your trip back was OK! Still hyped--worth it to stay after all!! Wish you could have been there too and not have to work-but got to go now! Tomorrow!

Fantastic Mary - Thursday should be a real hot one so hopefully Bono and the guys will take pity and come out to see everyone. I got home around 2:30 Monday morning, went to work not long after that, but I'll be all nice and rested for Thursday and Friday. And I'll definitely be bringing some sun block.

Offline mdmomof7

• Holy Joe
  • Im born again to the latest sound
« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 11:36:02 PM »
Bono signed and took pics! I was right inside MSG scouring for a ticket!! Dang it!! My new friend's Bono art was a tattoo by the time I saw her post show last night. So great!!! Love what the band is doing w/ the fans, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE!!

Bummed I didn't know and really wouldn't have been able to look for you and Dan, Mary! Hope you two met up. :) So glad you got to meet Bono, Mary!! He's so lovely to listen to and very kind with the fans.