Author Topic: U Talkin U2 To Me? Podcast  (Read 13209 times)

Offline lorijane

• Airborne Ranger
  • We picked the right band
Re: U Talkin U2 To Me? Podcast
« Reply #60 on: August 08, 2015, 10:03:18 AM »
"All roads lead to U2.. ." :)

Offline EducateMyMind

• Wanderer
« Reply #61 on: August 08, 2015, 01:26:28 PM »
This was so much fun to listen to, much better than the Sirius town hall interview. You can tell the Scotts got more comfortable  when one of them (Adam?) yelled at Larry for always being late ("Goddammit Larry!" lol, maybe my favorite part). I loved hearing all the guys sound so relaxed.

Here's a link to an Entertainment Weekly article about the episode which includes a picture of the special gift from Bono(bos), so be careful: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline AchtungPop

• Staring at the Sun
  • Walk On
« Reply #62 on: August 08, 2015, 08:12:24 PM »
4 complete songs! Although now I want to hear them. Drums!

Offline ultravioletlight

• Numb
  • Chicago, IL
« Reply #63 on: August 09, 2015, 12:38:45 AM »
Nice to hear the new songs exist and are complete. I expect a 2016 release before another leg starts.

Offline StefanCorney93

• Babyface
« Reply #64 on: August 09, 2015, 01:40:20 PM »
Enjoyable interview. So pleased Adam Scott talked so directly about how it'd much better if they didn't always overthink when an album should come out. Also good to know Bono realises that 5 years between albums is ridiculous. Would love to hear one of them on WTF with Marc Maron. Larry and/or The Edge would be a great guest(s) on that show. Judd Apatow was on with him recently and they talked U2 for about 10 minutes and Maron sounded like a big fan, said he'd just seen the I+E show and raved about it. Just a few appearances on those sort of podcasts and shows would get them a lot of positive attention, which is still obviously important for them.

Offline Pocket Merlin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #65 on: August 11, 2015, 10:09:04 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Enjoyable interview. So pleased Adam Scott talked so directly about how it'd much better if they didn't always overthink when an album should come out. Also good to know Bono realises that 5 years between albums is ridiculous. Would love to hear one of them on WTF with Marc Maron. Larry and/or The Edge would be a great guest(s) on that show. Judd Apatow was on with him recently and they talked U2 for about 10 minutes and Maron sounded like a big fan, said he'd just seen the I+E show and raved about it. Just a few appearances on those sort of podcasts and shows would get them a lot of positive attention, which is still obviously important for them.

Yeah, I think it would really help their public image with a lot of the people who really don't like them if they did more of this kind of stuff. I would love to see any of them be a guest on The Nerdist Podcast.

PookaMacP

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2015, 07:23:46 AM »
Enjoyed this podcast – particularly for the self-awareness of the presenters. They knew they sounded like idiots at points in the interview, but their ability to laugh about it made it all the better.

As for future podcasts... As much as I like Marc Maron, I'm not sure how he'd do with U2. He's great with comedians in particular, but he was far too soft on Obama and sounded way out of his depth when interviewing Ian McKellen recently.

In any case, the next round of publicity will surely be Europe-focussed. The North America part of the tour is over – for now – and the European leg will mean putting the emphasis on publicity on this side of the Atlantic.

Offline TalkinBoutTurtle

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2016, 09:53:51 PM »
Bono drew them a penis spewing rainbows but no f***ing T-shirts, bro?

Offline zooshoes

• Stateless
« Reply #68 on: July 19, 2016, 12:24:57 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Bono drew them a penis spewing rainbows but no f***ing T-shirts, bro?

Almost a year later and you still can't get over them not bringing t-shirts?

Either can I.

Offline aussieu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #69 on: July 19, 2016, 03:41:59 AM »
some f***** t-shirts and college girls

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #70 on: July 25, 2018, 02:30:50 PM »
I haven't listened to it yet but there's a new episode with an interview with the band about the E&I tour. Here's the summary:

Adam Scott Aukerman are excited to share their exclusive interviews with the band members of U2 from Madison Square Garden. Bonobos and Thedge talk about why “Summer of Love” is becoming an important song, their go to karaoke jams, and join the Scotts for an episode of a different show. Plus, Adam Clay 2000 Pounds give the Scotts a backstage tour of Madison Square Garden. And what does Larry Mullen Sr.’s Son have in store for the Scotts?
« Last Edit: July 25, 2018, 02:33:21 PM by wallah »

Offline kps88

• Babyface
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2018, 10:51:09 AM »
It's worth listening to. I'm a fan of the podcast as well so it's great to see the band being so generous with their time. There's a funny incident that happened involving Larry and apparently Bono gave them a shout out during the show.

No real new information but Bono did bring up a few songs they were thinking of adding to the setlist for Europe - Summer of Love sounded pretty nailed on for Europe. He also mentioned Red Flag Day and maybe Showman
« Last Edit: July 26, 2018, 10:53:00 AM by kps88 »

Offline wallah

• Babyface
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2018, 01:15:54 PM »
Yeah, I enjoyed the interview with Bono and the Edge who covered talked about the album, the tour, POP, the state of the world and took part in an REM podcast that was really fun. Cool details from the Scotts in their stage tour/interview with Adam and the after-show party.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #73 on: July 28, 2018, 11:19:32 PM »
Great ep.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #74 on: July 30, 2018, 09:52:22 AM »
C+!