Author Topic: U Talkin U2 To Me? Podcast  (Read 11854 times)

Offline miryclay

• Up With the Sun
  • St Louis,Omaha,Montreal 1&2, NYC 3, Belfast 1,2
Re: U Talkin U2 To Me? Podcast
« Reply #75 on: July 30, 2018, 10:30:56 AM »
That intro spiel was way too long. Scott's get to the point already. It sounded like an experimental podcast in that they were testing my patience.

Offline KenKaniff

• Wanderer
« Reply #76 on: July 30, 2018, 03:43:28 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That intro spiel was way too long. Scott's get to the point already. It sounded like an experimental podcast in that they were testing my patience.

I think thats just their style. They did it with every U2 podcast. I don't want to speak for the R.E.M. podcast because I haven't listened.

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #77 on: July 31, 2018, 09:10:18 AM »

Ah thats kind of what they do. You gotta love it or else don't even try. They go on 15 minute long tangents about the most inane stuff but I find it quite amusing.

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Child of Grace
« Reply #78 on: July 31, 2018, 08:08:22 PM »
Thanks for the summary.  I find them unlistenable due to the long, inane tangents but they are definitely fans so that's cool.

Offline Luzita

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #79 on: July 31, 2018, 09:58:53 PM »
Thanks for the summary.  I find them unlistenable due to the long, inane tangents but they are definitely fans so that's cool.
You have to skip past the parts where theyre just dicking around. Like, literally, doing d**k jokes. Its 12-year-old boy humor. Though occasionally theyre so absurd its actually funny. But the parts where they talk about U2 are pretty good. They are genuine fanboys. And the first U2 interview was great. Im still listening to the latest one in installments in the car and so far Im really enjoying it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Clarky

• Numb
  • I've got a head like a lit cigarette
« Reply #80 on: August 02, 2018, 08:57:25 AM »
What makes me laugh the most is the moments where they satirise the sincere yet egocentric music critic who espouses like everything they're saying is revelatory to the listener.  Love it.

Offline ToRontoRon

• Wanderer
« Reply #81 on: August 13, 2018, 07:54:12 PM »
I love the podcast.  C+

Wish they'd bring out some new eps, but I guess they ran out of material. 

Despite my being a massive U2 fan, my favourite eps are the ones where they talk the least about the band and get off topic.  The Slowing it Down episodes, (particularly the first one), are my favourites.

And scroll to the 3:51 mark of the clip below for Bono's shout out to the hosts.  A bit tough to make out, but pretty funny that he did that during the big crescendo of Love is Bigger.