Author Topic: Austin area fans  (Read 2352 times)

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Time leaves us polished stones
Austin area fans
« on: August 18, 2015, 12:24:45 AM »
I saw a great U2 tribute band, Mysterious Ways, this past weekend. I have known about them for awhile but this was my first time catching their show. They are darn good! Great Edge guitarist and Bono vocalist. This guy Patrick (Bono) has the pipes and sang a version of EBW that rivaled Bono. They are playing several shows in Austin in the coming months, but it is their Sat, Nov 7 show at Fado Irish Pub in downtown Austin that I want to catch. They are doing an all Pop show. This might be the only way I get to see Gone, Mofo and Please performed. If anyone wants to meetup for that night let me know.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 12:27:51 AM by bonofaninaustin »

Offline Joe90usa

• Airborne Ranger
  • Dragons Rule!
Re: Austin area fans
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 02:07:31 PM »
Hmmm...

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2015, 06:50:02 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I saw a great U2 tribute band, Mysterious Ways, this past weekend. I have known about them for awhile but this was my first time catching their show. They are darn good! Great Edge guitarist and Bono vocalist. This guy Patrick (Bono) has the pipes and sang a version of EBW that rivaled Bono. They are playing several shows in Austin in the coming months, but it is their Sat, Nov 7 show at Fado Irish Pub in downtown Austin that I want to catch. They are doing an all Pop show. This might be the only way I get to see Gone, Mofo and Please performed. If anyone wants to meetup for that night let me know.

Ok so i've seen this tribute band about 12 times, and i live in Dallas. I have nothing but praise for them. I'm personal friends with Patrick. I can go on and on and on but suffice it to say, i've seen them consistently over the past 5 years and they get better with age!

i filmed all these on April 16th 2010

Gone -

AIWIY-

BTBS -
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 10:42:16 PM by THRILLHO »

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2015, 10:39:57 PM »

If you're on Facebook, I can hook you up to our U2 Texas group so that you can meet other U2 fans from the area...if you're interested. 

Ok so i've seen this tribute band about 12 times, and i live in Dallas. I have nothing but praise for them. I'm personal friends with Patrick. I can go on and on and on but suffice it to say, i've seen them consistently over the past 5 years and they get better with age!

Gone -
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     <------------------  Ain't workin'

AIWIY-

BTBS -

Wow!

That was a blast from the past!  That was one crazy night...good and bad.  Lots of sh** happened that night.  (Really Matt McGee?  I can't say sh**?  I luv ya Matt, but really?  sh**, f***, pi*s...LMFAO!!!)

I miss Mark...best Edge ever.  And Brian too. 

Patrick brought back Steve at least...best Adam ever.

P.S.  Yo...Thrillho...that first link ain't workin'   ;)

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2015, 10:42:25 PM »
ok fixed it.

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2015, 10:59:11 PM »
ok fixed it.

Thanks!

I miss a good tribute show...don't you?

*sigh*

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2015, 11:00:20 PM »

If you're on Facebook, I can hook you up to our U2 Texas group so that you can meet other U2 fans from the area...if you're interested. 

That would be great Allegra!

Gone -
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login     <------------------  Ain't workin'

AIWIY-

BTBS -

Wow!

That was a blast from the past!  That was one crazy night...good and bad.  Lots of sh** happened that night.  (Really Matt McGee?  I can't say sh**?  I luv ya Matt, but really?  sh**, f***, pi*s...LMFAO!!!)

I miss Mark...best Edge ever.  And Brian too. 

Patrick brought back Steve at least...best Adam ever.

P.S.  Yo...Thrillho...that first link ain't workin'   ;)

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2015, 11:24:53 PM »

Quote from: Allegra

Quote from: bonofaninaustin
That would be great Allegra!

Check your messages   ;)

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2015, 11:59:58 PM »

Gone -

AIWIY-

BTBS -
Thrillho, I got to speak to Patrick briefly a couple times that night. Super nice guy, great talent!

Offline Allegra

• Wanderer
  • Dallas, Texas
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2015, 12:23:20 AM »
Thrillho, I got to speak to Patrick briefly a couple times that night. Super nice guy, great talent!

Shoot.....Thrillho here doesn't know them like I do.  And he knows it.   ;) :P

And yes, Patrick is a good Bono.

BUT!  Even better though...the bassist...Steve...is actually from Dublin...and he's also Phil Lynott in a Thin Lizzy tribute called Think Lizzy out of Austin...who is also awesome as well!  You should check them out too!  See below...

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2015, 12:51:30 AM »
Oh cool. Yes, met Steve through Debrah. Nice guy, great Adam.

Offline bonofaninaustin

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2015, 06:23:02 PM »
Bumping this. Hope Mysterious Ways plays Gone, Please and if they dare MOFO. Can't wait to hear some Pop on Saturday!

Offline novalux

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2017, 02:52:22 PM »
This is an old thread, but just wanted to say Mysterious Ways is awesome.  I have seen them at Fado several times.  Do they still play? 

Offline velocity1759

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2017, 05:44:51 PM »
I recently moved to Austin in July and was looking forward to seeing them.  Unfortunately, I'm pretty sure they disbanded in June 2016.  I thing Patrick Fleming (Mysterious Ways Bono) has some gigs around. If you hear anything different please let me know.  They were so much fun.  I saw them twice in Wichita Falls, TX.

Offline debwatts

• Babyface
« Reply #14 on: February 14, 2017, 12:39:05 PM »
Patrick left Mysterious Ways but we have ZOO TV now with 3 former members of MW- Buffalo Speedway- Edge, Steve O'Brien- Adam and Brian DeLauri- Larry. Our new "Bono" is David Houston. They are playing St Patrick's Day at Fado Irish Pub in Austin and on March 18th travellilng down the road to San Antonio to play at Big Texas Ice House along with THINK LIZZY, Thin Lizzy tribute- a night of Irish Rock!

May 23- Fan meet up in Houston for the U2 show the next night. ZOO goes on at 8pm at the House of Blues.

Hope to see ya'll at some of the shows

Deb