Author Topic: Every breaking wave Glasgow night 1  (Read 985 times)

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
Every breaking wave Glasgow night 1
« on: November 10, 2015, 03:09:24 PM »
Managed to get this really close to Edge at Glasgow night 1. Love the tour version You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Honky Tonk Angel

• Babyface
Re: Every breaking wave Glasgow night 1
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2016, 09:52:59 AM »
Can't believe a whole year has passed since that shows in Scotland.  I was there for both nights and they were so good. Some of the best U2 gigs I've ever seen.
For years and years I had waited to hear Gloria live and I finally got it. I was jumping around all over the place, could hardly walk for a few days afterwards :D

I was just around from this angle you've filmed at on the second night and I got some good pictures. Not sure how to post them here though.

Offline MadRob360

• Refugee
  • Jealousy Is A Disease
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2016, 11:28:57 AM »
They were incredible gigs, I've seen the band many times  but there was just something about these shows that stood out from the rest i've seen. brilliant crowd and the band was on song so it made for brilliant shows, i was also at both nights. They should bring back a few songs from their early days i reckon, it's great to hear songs where it's just 4 guys blasting out a tune!

Offline Honky Tonk Angel

• Babyface
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2016, 09:15:46 AM »
I agree, there was something special about these shows that stood out. I've seen them many times too, but this one was different. Maybe the more intimate feel? I think the Hydro is a great place and you feel a part of it no matter where you are. Although U2 have a magic ability of making you feel part of it in any venue.
Maybe it was just the whole looking back theme through the album and show that as a life long fan made it more special.

I also agree about them bringing back songs from the early days. I was so thrilled to hear things like The Electric Co and Gloria live. Just superb!

Offline garyu2

• Wanderer
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2016, 10:46:11 AM »
I was there both nights. I cant simply comprehend how any concert could have been better, especially night 2.

Wonderful. The setlist, the energy, atmostphere, performance, club-feel, Bono's voice, the screen, the audience appreciation. Perfect all the way.