Author Topic: How to star a PM?  (Read 1011 times)

xtraspicy62

How to star a PM?
« on: November 15, 2015, 12:59:58 PM »
Hello My friend

Is there a possible way to star a personal message that we have received so that we can remember it?

I love my PM's, but sometime lose track of getting back to people or remembering important information they have shared with me.

I would love to have a way to asterisk or star those messages.

Offline Joana

• Babyface
Re: How to star a PM?
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2015, 06:23:34 PM »
Hi, you can use Labels for it :)

- In "My messages", you click on Preferences, the 3rd submenu option
- Then you click on "Manage labels"
- At the bottom, you create a Label name and click "Add New label"
- Then you just go to your list of messages, and click on the checkboxes of the ones you want to save, and below the messages list, you will see a drop-down menu: when you click on that menu, you can add the label you created (it's automatic, you just click and it's done)

That's it :) To access those messages you just click on the "Labels" option in "My Messages" submenu

Offline Joana

• Babyface
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2015, 08:27:37 AM »
Hi, for what I understood of what you wrote in your reply, you wanted to see in the list of  messages itself a flag, like the stars in gmail - I think that's not the way it works here (anyone correct me if Im wrong) but the way it works is better - in order to view the messages you selected, you go to the new submenu that you have in the messages menu, and just click on the label - you only see the ones you selected.

It's normal that the checkmarks don't appear after you navigate away from the page, because they're not like the stars, they are something you do in order to aplly an action to them, it could be deleting, it could be moving, in this case, it's applying a label - when you come back, the checkboxes are clear in order for you to perform other actions you wish to your messages. Hope this helps!
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 08:32:59 AM by Joana »

Offline m2

• Administrator
  • Desert Rose
  • I love the smell of fresh forum killspam.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2015, 12:58:18 AM »
Joana - thanks for trying to help. I don't quite understand the original question because I so rarely use the PM system, so I'm of no help on this one.

Offline Joana

• Babyface
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2015, 06:16:59 PM »
Hi Matt, always glad to do it, hope it helped!