Author Topic: Your Best Guess On Ticket Prices in North America?  (Read 4046 times)

Offline BeneathTheNoise

• Intellectual Tortoise
Re: Your Best Guess On Ticket Prices in North America?
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2009, 04:59:06 AM »
HAHA!! A $30 ticket to a U2 concert?! YEAH.. maybe in 1983!!!

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2009, 10:29:37 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I don't think they'll suddenly make the GA tickets more expensive than the others. The other ones are more expensive because you are paying more to actually have a seat to sit in, and with GA you have the stand the whole time and it's up in the air where you will actually end up in relation to the stage.

Ok, what do you think of this price set up then?

A) 15,000 field tickets at: $70
B) 13,750 1st Tier Lower: $110
C) 13,750 1st Tier Upper: $90
D) 13,750 2nd Tier Lower: $50
E) 13,750 2nd Tier Upper: $30

I can't see them going any lower than that. The seats that are difficult to sell will be the ones that will be the least expensive. Remember, were talking about having to sell 70,000 tickets, not 18,000. Your not going to be very successful in doing that if you price the most in demand tickets the lower than the ones that are the most difficult to sell
exactly where would the $30 tickets place you in relation to the stage?

Offline JuniorEmblem

• Child of Grace
  • 10 types, those who know binary & those who don't
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2009, 01:07:14 PM »
I don't think they'll suddenly make the GA tickets more expensive than the others. The other ones are more expensive because you are paying more to actually have a seat to sit in, and with GA you have the stand the whole time and it's up in the air where you will actually end up in relation to the stage.

I can't see them going any lower than that. The seats that are difficult to sell will be the ones that will be the least expensive. Remember, were talking about having to sell 70,000 tickets, not 18,000. Your not going to be very successful in doing that if you price the most in demand tickets the lower than the ones that are the most difficult to sell

High and far.

My prediction for the $30 "GA" ticket is NOT Ga to the field, but GA to the upper tiere, i.e, they open the doors and off you go to find the least sh!tty spot.

It should be a piece of cake to move down though.......

Offline Carrick

• Stateless
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2009, 02:31:44 PM »

By the way, the ticket break down is going to be like this based on the released info:

A) 10,500 tickets at $250
B)  31,500 tickets at $95
C) 18,000 tickets at $55
D) 10,000 tickets at $30

The only GA tickets will be at the $55 dollar level. The question is whether the whole field will be GA or part GA and part seated.

The stage will probably be centered on the 25 or 30 yard line of one side of the field. The $30 dollar tickets will probably be on the opposite side of the stadium on the second tier in the stands. They will be the seats that are physically the farthest away from the stage.

Offline Carrick

• Stateless
« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2009, 02:33:26 PM »

High and far.

My prediction for the $30 "GA" ticket is NOT Ga to the field, but GA to the upper tiere, i.e, they open the doors and off you go to find the least sh!tty spot.

It should be a piece of cake to move down though.......

You could do that if the entire 2nd tier was for $30 dollars, but at least 1/2 of the 2nd tier seats will be $55 dollar tickets.

Offline i_heartU2

• Stateless
  • It's a beautiful day....
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2009, 05:52:04 PM »
So what would be best to get? GA?