Rattle & Hum Long Hair
Zoo TV Slick Black "Fly" Hair
Popmart Buzz
Elevation Tour
Vertigo long hair
360 short
2014 "undercut" slick, short sides
I&E Yellow Dye

Author Topic: The Hair of Bono  (Read 6277 times)

Offline shineinthesummernight

• Staring at the Sun
Re: The Hair of Bono
« Reply #45 on: April 25, 2017, 06:11:50 PM »
It's hard to imagine the long hair now, but it would be fun to see Bono try it!

Online tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #46 on: April 25, 2017, 06:43:15 PM »
I voted 360 short on the basis of what he'd look best with now. Overall I'd agree that his hair was at its best during Zoo TV, though.

I think the older guys get, the harder it becomes to pull off the long or medium long look. As it is, many guys (in my experience) look far better with short than long hair...it's a tough look to pull off. It's why I found '04/'05 Bono's hairstyle to be yucky, but thought he looked fine toward the end of the 360 tour and even last fall (when he got rid of that fugly blonde hair).

For an example of how he should wear his hair, Bono might consider looking at Adam's recent pictures. It looks good, although maybe a little too poofy for Bono to pull off.  ;)

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2017, 06:57:46 PM »
He needs to lose the blond.  He looks great with dark hair.

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2017, 11:02:57 AM »
Yeah, Blond Bono and The Joshua tree should NEVER mix.  It's strictly brunette terrain this time, buddy! XD

Offline 73October

• Numb
  • Joy is an act of defiance
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2017, 06:04:07 PM »
A chestnut / copper brown it is for TJT 2017 tour it is.  Better than I&E, but that was meant for effect (Billy Idol, I think).  Maybe by the time the tour gets to Europe, could see a bit more Johnny Cash style hair? (chestnut brown is fine by me!!).

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
  • She is everywhere and no place
« Reply #50 on: May 13, 2017, 06:09:22 PM »
I kinda wish he'd let it go natural like Adam has. I understand the whole rockstar look, but none of us are getting any younger and why not? He's Bono for cryin' out lied. He can pull it off!

Offline Kurukira

• Numb
  • Don't Expect, Suggest.
« Reply #51 on: May 13, 2017, 10:04:46 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I kinda wish he'd let it go natural like Adam has. I understand the whole rockstar look, but none of us are getting any younger and why not? He's Bono for cryin' out lied. He can pull it off!

I kinda doubt that Bono could pull it off as well as Adam - if Bono the Blonde Fox couldn't pull it off I don't know if he'd make a great silver fox  ;D

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #52 on: May 14, 2017, 08:46:58 AM »

I kinda doubt that Bono could pull it off as well as Adam - if Bono the Blonde Fox couldn't pull it off I don't know if he'd make a great silver fox  ;D
Haha! Point taken. I'll go a step further and add I'd prefer bald over blonde!

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #53 on: May 14, 2017, 08:51:29 AM »
Edge does bald well...I don't know if Bono could...

Offline Kmama07

• Running to Stand Still
« Reply #54 on: May 14, 2017, 08:57:08 AM »
Anything but blonde! (Just my opinion)
I recently shaved my head btw. Years of Mohawks , Robert smith hair, you name it, I had it. Took a few days to get used to but I'm lovin' it. Easy breezy and a nod to Sinéad to boot (poor thing...haven't seen/heard anything about her in a while)!  Also, oddly liberating.

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
« Reply #55 on: May 14, 2017, 09:06:59 AM »
Anything but blonde! (Just my opinion)
I recently shaved my head btw. Years of Mohawks , Robert smith hair, you name it, I had it. Took a few days to get used to but I'm lovin' it. Easy breezy and a nod to Sinéad to boot (poor thing...haven't seen/heard anything about her in a while)!  Also, oddly liberating.
Shaved head! Mohawk! cool...I always wanted to go purple, but I'm too chicken. You rock!

Online Luzita

• Wanderer
« Reply #56 on: July 09, 2017, 06:11:15 PM »
I love the bangs-in-the-eyes look from Boy days. It was very cute on young Bono. I must also admit to a guilty fondness for the porcupine-on-the-head from the War era. Hey, it seemed cool at the time!

Actually, I'm good with all his hair styles up until recently. I don't understand the blond (or even chestnut brown) pseudo-Kewpie-doll. I love the guy no matter what but his looks the last few years make me want to say, dude, what were you thinking? Don't you have a stylist? I know you can afford one!