Author Topic: Depeche Mode  (Read 1691 times)

Offline PopMofo97

• Stateless
  • I'm ready, ready for the gridlock
Re: Depeche Mode
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2015, 12:01:43 PM »
Exactly. It seems to me that currently hesitant about the direction to be issued.

Offline redrunningred

• Party Girl/Boy
  • Planet Earth Is Blue
« Reply #16 on: December 22, 2015, 01:07:33 PM »
I personally love Ultra. Just heard it, despite no Alan, great album

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2017, 01:39:47 PM »
Pardon me while I revive an old thread.  Figured it would be nice to have an active DM thread, as we finally have a new single and a new album/tour on the way.

I'm not sure what I think of Where's the Revolution.  The production is still the same kind of dry, un-polished stuff they've been doing the past few albums.  It's like since Alan left, nobody's willing to sit down in the studio and work on stuff beyond the rough demo stage.  That said, I'm still impressed the band can put out a song with a good melody and some clever turns of phrase.  I'm hoping for better songs on the album, but even if there aren't, it's not a bad tune.

Online JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2017, 09:10:10 AM »
I like the new song, seems the current events are inspiring

LightMyWay92

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2017, 11:24:54 AM »
I used to listen to "Everything Counts" from the live album, 101, over and over again.  I never got tired of it!

Online JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2017, 12:36:01 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I used to listen to "Everything Counts" from the live album, 101, over and over again.  I never got tired of it!
you just can't get enough lol

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2017, 01:53:39 PM »
i hope they tour america. well no i just want them to tour my city of Dallas

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2017, 06:56:40 PM »
i hope they tour america. well no i just want them to tour my city of Dallas

There's no doubt they will, barring the unforeseen.  I expect them to tour in the fall/winter.  It almost looks like they're emulating their Touring the Angel tour schedule--I first saw that one in November.

I can't wait.  I can only speak from my own experience, but they've never disappointed live.  I thought Delta Machine was their worst album in ages, and the show was STILL great.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 01:06:55 PM »
1st Depeche Mode show of 2017 - LIVE RIGHT NOW:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Boom Cha!

« Reply #24 on: March 17, 2017, 03:44:47 PM »
What does everyone think of the new album? I've listened to it twice now and I'm still up in the air about it. I'm not too crazy about it lyrically (some of the songs seem a little "in your face" with the message), but I love the direction musically.

Offline imaginary friend

• Airborne Ranger
  • welp, looks like I'm not making it to 10k posts
« Reply #25 on: March 17, 2017, 06:12:06 PM »
1st Depeche Mode show of 2017 - LIVE RIGHT NOW:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

show's been posted to YouTube:   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #26 on: March 17, 2017, 06:50:40 PM »
wait is the show still going on or is this the entire setlist?

Offline tigerfan41

• Child of Grace
  • 2017 Concerts: Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Detroit
« Reply #27 on: March 17, 2017, 07:26:56 PM »
What does everyone think of the new album? I've listened to it twice now and I'm still up in the air about it. I'm not too crazy about it lyrically (some of the songs seem a little "in your face" with the message), but I love the direction musically.

It's in my Spotify queue to be listened to this weekend. As a rather new convert to DM's music, I'm very interested to see how I like this new album. I do like "Where's The Revolution" so I'm optimistic about the rest of the CD.

Offline Johnny Feathers

• Elevated
Depeche Mode
« Reply #28 on: March 17, 2017, 08:48:31 PM »
Just listened. I'm an old DM fan, and have found things to love on every album....with the possible exception of Delta Machine, which was their worst in decades. Luckily, the live shows were still great.

After one listen, I'm thinking they're trying to convince me Delta Machine wasn't so bad after all. This one stinks.

If you'd told me last year I'd enjoy Metallica's new album over DM's, I'd never have believed you. But so far, that's the case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
« Reply #29 on: March 17, 2017, 09:34:13 PM »
yea so what's a good recent <post-00> DM album? i have Black Celebration - Ultra and nothing else. i'm not that interested in the new one ive heard alot of bad things and i'm not some super fan.