Author Topic: U2 live radio show in Boston March 11th  (Read 3988 times)

Offline bonogrl from Boston

• Intellectual Tortoise
  • I had the feeling it was out of control
U2 live radio show in Boston March 11th
« on: March 01, 2009, 09:26:31 AM »
So according to the @U2 main page, U2 is supposed to be here in Boston March 11th for a live radio show.  Obviously people will probably have to win tickets to attend this performace which I will make every attempt to do.  However, if I am unsuccessful in winning tickets, I still plan to try to go to where they will be, even if it's just to get a glimps of them as they are arriving/leaving.  Anybody here in the Boston area planning on doing the same thing if they don't win??  Maybe we can stake them out together.

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
Re: U2 live radio show in Boston March 11th
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »
I will be trying to win tix as well but, if not, am definitely up for some good stalking  ;)

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2009, 02:25:45 PM »
***jealous of your good fortune***
I hope you both get tix. Take pictures whether you get in or just stalk (nothing wrong with that) so we can all live thru you!!

--sending positive U2 waves to the ticket goddess for you----

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2009, 03:47:46 PM »
Thanks for the good vibes cantgetenoughU2!  Hope it works for both of us!  My mom is definitely in for some stalking as well and my sister might try to come but she lives in Maine and has 2 kids so she might not be able to.  Although she said she was in.  We will have to plan a place to meet if we don't get tickets.  Of course, we have to find out where they are going to be first!

Offline carrieu2

• Stranger in a Strange Land
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2009, 11:29:01 AM »
Count me in for some stalking, regardless of whether I get tix or not!  ;)

-C

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2009, 11:30:29 AM »
Good news, I got tickets!!!!!  I can't believe it, I am so excited!

Offline StrongGirl

• Genius of Compression
  • On BLS I heard the sound of an angel
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2009, 11:33:32 AM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Congratulations bonogrl!! I am soooo excited for you!

Offline carrieu2

« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2009, 11:34:23 AM »

Holy crap!  How did you do it?

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2009, 11:43:28 AM »
I was caller # 18 on Mix 98.5.  I am still in shock, I never win anything.  I had called and the line was busy and I kept hitting re-dial and it was still busy.  I was going to give up but I thought I'd give it one more try and I got through and was the right caller.  I sounded like a total dork, I don't know if they played it on the radio or not!  I was at work so I was kind of whisper/yelling.  Anyway, they haven't told me where it is, I am supposed to get a call but they didn't say when.

Offline carrieu2

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2009, 11:52:51 AM »
I was caller # 18 on Mix 98.5.  I am still in shock, I never win anything.  I had called and the line was busy and I kept hitting re-dial and it was still busy.  I was going to give up but I thought I'd give it one more try and I got through and was the right caller.  I sounded like a total dork, I don't know if they played it on the radio or not!  I was at work so I was kind of whisper/yelling.  Anyway, they haven't told me where it is, I am supposed to get a call but they didn't say when.

CONGRATS!!!  I think I heard you ;)  That's awesome!  If you need a companion let me know. ;)

Offline CGE

• Precious Stone
  • Without TUF there never would have been JT- Edge
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 12:15:26 PM »
Congratulations bonogirl!!!!!!!!  I am so excited for you!!!
See, positive vibes work very well.

Now I send my living thru you vibes so that my vibes go with you to the show. Just stare at Bono for me for a couple of seconds - please  ;)  Thanks!!

Have a great time! Enjoy your good fortune!

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 12:16:01 PM »

CONGRATS!!!  I think I heard you ;)  That's awesome!  If you need a companion let me know. ;)

Ha ha, thanks!  I am bringing my husband though.   ;)  Did I sound like a loser?  My cube mate has been making fun of me ever since!

Offline carrieu2

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 12:54:52 PM »

Ha ha, thanks!  I am bringing my husband though.   ;)  Did I sound like a loser?  My cube mate has been making fun of me ever since!

No, you didn't sound like a loser - just very quiet!!  :)  Well, if you husband gets the flu, you let me know! ;) And I'm also happy to stalk with you after the show and you can give us all the dirt! 

Offline vickidvm

• Numb
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2009, 07:52:40 PM »
Omg, I think I did hear you!  I tried all day unsuccessfully.  That is so awesome!!  Have a great time!   I hope you can take pics  ;D