Author Topic: Radiohead suck and U2 are better band.  (Read 7226 times)

Offline Blueyedboy

• Running to Stand Still
  • Embrace the challenge
Re: Radiohead suck and U2 are better band.
« Reply #60 on: April 17, 2016, 11:57:37 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Kite is a insane f*****! Richie slashed his arms and his blood fell on the stage live for his passion
for music. She Bathed Herself in a Bath of Bleach and Marlon J.D are the best songs I ever heard.
I seen some really great english bands in my time like RIDE, Inspiral carpets, Pop will eat itself,
Swervedriver, The wedding present (the holy interstate 5 track), Manics, The Cure , New order,
who would all sh** over these Wa***rs called Radiohead. Bands used to be loud and noise makers with
waves of sounds but now its all sh**. Where has the wall of sound gone in rock music and where is the shoegaze!
There was great bands like the Pixies and Jesus and Mary chain that ment something. Music todays means nothing.

The Manics are not English.

Offline tom_b1807

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #61 on: April 18, 2016, 12:36:09 AM »
Kite is a insane f*****! Richie slashed his arms and his blood fell on the stage live for his passion
for music. She Bathed Herself in a Bath of Bleach and Marlon J.D are the best songs I ever heard.
I seen some really great english bands in my time like RIDE, Inspiral carpets, Pop will eat itself,
Swervedriver, The wedding present (the holy interstate 5 track), Manics, The Cure , New order,
who would all sh** over these Wa***rs called Radiohead. Bands used to be loud and noise makers with
waves of sounds but now its all sh**. Where has the wall of sound gone in rock music and where is the shoegaze!
There was great bands like the Pixies and Jesus and Mary chain that ment something. Music todays means nothing.

Radiohead are also responsible for the Iraq War.

Offline hoodyman2013

• Stateless
« Reply #62 on: April 18, 2016, 01:30:14 AM »
The Manic street preachers are welsh band! Dead martyrs
All stigmartys
Dead heroes
For fear of zeroes

Dead martyrs
Always take it further
Dead heroes
Know no fear

Living for some happiness
Find nothing that satisfies
Had a beginning but it got no end

Got no future
Just dead stars for dead eyes
Got no future
Got no future

Dead stars are always the blackest
Dead heroes the living empty
Dead martyrs hang on forever
Dead martyrs always take it further

Living for some happiness
Find nothing that satisfies
Had a beginning but it got no end

Got no future
Got no future
Got no future

Got no future
Got no future
Got no future
by the manics!

Offline hoodyman2013

• Stateless
« Reply #63 on: April 18, 2016, 01:43:25 AM »
Bono would say something like this about Radiohead. Radiohead have their own fans and we don't
even want to go there. To us U2 are the biggest indie rock band in the world and we U2 are
still the best high school rock band in the world. We would go back stage into Radioheads change rooms
and steal thier wines and beers. We would thrash thier party and we probably would be kick out from
a Radiohead gig. It is good to know that there is people in the world that hate U2. Its like all the kool kids at school
hating the little school punk gang from the north side of Dublin.

Offline Kite32

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #64 on: April 18, 2016, 02:22:31 AM »

Funny  ;D

Offline Kite32

• Headache in a Suitcase
« Reply #65 on: April 18, 2016, 03:20:39 AM »
Don't like how everyone always dismisses Pablo Honey, it's so great

CREEP! CREEEP! CREEEEEEEEEEEP!

Watch a Radiohead appearance at any festival and you'll see what I mean.

chanting for a song they won't play anymore. they opened Coachella 09 <i think> with it, but that was the first time since like the OKC tour they played it.

That's not true - I've seen them play it at least once since OKC on the Hail to the theif tour at Earl's Court. I'm sure they played it on the in rainbows tour too but I could be wrong

hrsan

« Reply #66 on: April 18, 2016, 03:28:35 PM »
U2 fans will buy the new U2 album.
Radiohead fans will buy the new Radiohead album.
U2 and Radiohead fans will buy both.

Offline missey

• Child of Grace
« Reply #67 on: April 18, 2016, 04:57:48 PM »
Why does the title of this thread keep changing?  Is there a point to that?

Offline THRILLHO

• Holy Joe
  • The sun won't melt our wings tonight
« Reply #68 on: April 18, 2016, 05:00:08 PM »
Don't like how everyone always dismisses Pablo Honey, it's so great

CREEP! CREEEP! CREEEEEEEEEEEP!

Watch a Radiohead appearance at any festival and you'll see what I mean.

chanting for a song they won't play anymore. they opened Coachella 09 <i think> with it, but that was the first time since like the OKC tour they played it.

That's not true - I've seen them play it at least once since OKC on the Hail to the theif tour at Earl's Court. I'm sure they played it on the in rainbows tour too but I could be wrong

look your show up on setlist.fm

Offline hoodyman2013

• Stateless
« Reply #69 on: April 18, 2016, 10:31:59 PM »
U2 fans give up! Band members of Radiohead are classically trained in music. One of radiohead band
members releases classical music albums. Thom Yorke is a world class d j who mixes records in nightclubs.
Radiohead do amazing side projects like Atoms for peace. Thom is like chef Henston and his fat duck restaurant,
Hail to Thom who is just perfect.

Offline il_capo

• Child of Grace
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2016, 05:50:37 AM »
U2 fans give up! Band members of Radiohead are classically trained in music. One of radiohead band
members releases classical music albums. Thom Yorke is a world class d j who mixes records in nightclubs.
Radiohead do amazing side projects like Atoms for peace. Thom is like chef Henston and his fat duck restaurant,

Yes, I think you're right.  Ordinary plebs who have not been privately educated should not even attempt to make music.  We should all stand aside and let the offspring of the rich and privileged who have been classically trained make the music we listen to.     

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2016, 07:12:27 AM »

Yes, I think you're right.  Ordinary plebs who have not been privately educated should not even attempt to make music.  We should all stand aside and let the offspring of the rich and privileged who have been classically trained make the music we listen to.   

A little ride on the whoosh express for you there, lad...

Offline Thunder Peel

• Up With the Sun
« Reply #72 on: April 19, 2016, 07:26:45 AM »
Am I the only one that finds Creep to be overrated? Sure, it's a good song, but I don't get the love that everyone has for it. I find it to be one of Radiohead's least interesting tracks.

Offline briscoetheque

• Traffic Cop (Rue du Marais)
  • R-E-S-T-E-C-P
« Reply #73 on: April 19, 2016, 09:49:50 AM »
All aboard indeed!

Luie is back and he's maaaaad!

Offline emalvick

• Desert Rose
« Reply #74 on: April 19, 2016, 10:26:45 AM »
Creep appeals to me in the way Vertigo appeals to me.  Ok songs, but not a whole lot of substance to them. 

But why so much hate either way?  Both bands are about as big as they could be and are fairly unique to each other.  I have to respect the fact that both bands forged unique identities throughout their career.  Radiohead have never tried to create U2 like tracks, and U2 have never tried to be like Radiohead.  Both bands have had multiple albums that could be considered brilliant, a rarity once you start looking at all bands.  At the point of where they are at, why should education even matter?  In rock and pop music, all that becomes awash.  Classical music snobs would argue that Radiohead have wasted their education.  And, anyone that wants to make arguments like that should look at Progressive Rock where the musicians often have talents that few other rock stars have. 

And, what really drives me crazy in threads like this is that neither Radiohead or U2 walk around talking crap about the other (at least as far as I can see). 

But, I can digress and acknowledge that I suppose this isn't that different from the Rolling Stones vs. Beatles debates that manifested in the 60's.  I'll never understand why liking music (Bands, Albums, Genres) has to be exclusive of other music. 

I guess I'm a little weird though; I think KOL is a good album, I love Amnesiac, and Passengers and Pop have become my most listened to U2 albums in the past year or two.