Author Topic: Article: Why everyone hates on Bono  (Read 2551 times)

Offline JTNash

• Party Girl/Boy
Re: Article: Why everyone hates on Bono
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2017, 03:50:57 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I love Bono for all the things people hate him for. I hope he continues to not give a f what people think and do what he wants. We only have one life to live he follows his passions and does what makes him happy and helps others in the process.  I sure wish there were more people like him out there.

Bono gives a lot of 'f's' about what people think
he wants to be liked but when he thinks he's right he's not worried about stepping on toes.  He's very smart and knows how to play both sides though. Anyway I don't think he deserves all the hate.

I don't think he deserves all the hate - but i do think that he does himself no favours sometimes, that comes with the territory though with complex individuals..and bono is in my view a complex individual.
He is complex and the haters are missing out on some great music.  It's his complexity that makes the lyrics so great.  I just don't see that kind of music being made as much anymore.

Offline an tha

• Airborne Ranger
  • You can swallow, or you can spit.
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2017, 04:11:38 PM »
I love Bono for all the things people hate him for. I hope he continues to not give a f what people think and do what he wants. We only have one life to live he follows his passions and does what makes him happy and helps others in the process.  I sure wish there were more people like him out there.

he wants to be liked but when he thinks he's right he's not worried about stepping on toes.  He's very smart and knows how to play both sides though. Anyway I don't think he deserves all the hate.

I don't think he deserves all the hate - but i do think that he does himself no favours sometimes, that comes with the territory though with complex individuals..and bono is in my view a complex individual.
He is complex and the haters are missing out on some great music.  It's his complexity that makes the lyrics so great.  I just don't see that kind of music being made as much anymore.

This is where we will have to agree to disagree.....musically and lyrically the days of bono and u2 being out on some higher plane are long gone for me.

Of course we all see things differently and look for different things but I could give you 10 albums released last year alone without hardly thinking that for me blow anything u2 have done in 20 years out of the water....

U2 at their best were special though.

Offline robgalloway

• Intellectual Tortoise
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2017, 12:30:32 AM »

This is where we will have to agree to disagree.....musically and lyrically the days of bono and u2 being out on some higher plane are long gone for me.

Of course we all see things differently and look for different things but I could give you 10 albums released last year alone without hardly thinking that for me blow anything u2 have done in 20 years out of the water....

U2 at their best were special though.

I agree U2 are a special band to me and nothing touches their 90's output but I wouldn't say over the last 15-17 years or so they've been anything other than just being a good band.

Other artists have released much better albums that have affected me much more. I think with U2 I've simply developed Stockholm Syndrome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Mark72

• Stateless
  • Modern Life Is Rubbish
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2017, 11:13:12 AM »
Well this appeared on my timeline!

The tax dodging issue will never go away