Author Topic: Hi From Wales  (Read 1353 times)

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
Hi From Wales
« on: May 17, 2016, 11:49:51 PM »
Hiya. I always meant to get around to joining this forum but didn't bother until now. Silly me, as it's a great forum! I've loved U2 since New Year's Day. I still have that single on 7" vinyl. I would sort of put them aside for a while, every now and then over the years, as I got into other bands but always returned to them and am always thrilled when they release something new or I discover some old (but new to me) songs I hadn't heard before! YouTube is a wonderful thing! My all-time favourite album of theirs is Achtung Baby but I love them all. Some I find a little patchy in places but there's so much to love on every U2 album. They're such a brilliant band. I sadly have never seen them live. I hate stadium gigs with a passion and, even though I've lived here in beautiful South Wales for 17 years now, I grew up in Cornwall and so never got the chance to see U2 in their earlier days when they played smaller venues. As far as I'm aware they never played in Cornwall in the 80's, although I could be wrong! I love watching their concerts on DVD and Video though and my favourite tour has to be ZooTV. One, because it was the tour for Achtung Baby (and Zooropa, another album I love) and two, because I think it was U2 at their most inventive and creative and I love Bono playing his MacPhisto character! Sheer brilliance!

Anyway, I just wanted to say Hi to everyone and look forward to chatting about all things U2! :)

Offline riffraff

• Deep In the Heart
  • I know that this is not goodbye, my forum friends!
Re: Hi From Wales
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2016, 06:18:23 AM »
welcome..this is a fun place to spend time and connect with other fans.

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2016, 04:00:20 PM »
I also adore New Year's Day, Achtung Baby and Zooropa. :) My last few holidays have been spent in South Wales, nice part of the country!

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #3 on: May 20, 2016, 06:01:25 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
welcome..this is a fun place to spend time and connect with other fans.

Thanks! Happy to be here! :)

Offline Spaderholic

• Party Girl/Boy
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2016, 06:04:15 PM »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I also adore New Year's Day, Achtung Baby and Zooropa. :) My last few holidays have been spent in South Wales, nice part of the country!

Cool! What parts of South Wales have you visited? I live in the Valleys, near Blackwood. Lots of lovely forests and mountains around here. Great for country walks and spotting wildlife. I lived in Cardiff for 13 years and part of me would still like to be there but I do enjoy the countryside and nature. At least Cardiff is still not far to go to. :)

Offline Canadanne

• Running to Stand Still
  • The Devil has all the best tunes...
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2016, 06:42:36 PM »
I've stayed in Swansea visiting the Gower and various bits of Carmarthenshire, then last year I did the Cardiff and Caerphilly area, and I went out to Pembrokeshire this year. Lots of great castles and coastlines!
I love walks and wildlife-spotting, so it seems we have a few things in common. :) The little canal in Cardiff was surprisingly good for that!